• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Sonic Origins Plus rated in Korea

Boom baby!! Never doubted it. The standard release has gone as low as 50% off and staying strong has been H A R D, but I held. FU, Sega... I held!

It's physical time!

3D Blast and Chaotix are my personal wish but I think this could be a just a bundle of Origins and Mania. What a let down that would be.

I think additional playable characters in all the current games makes more sense rather than new games entirely.

I'm guessing emulated 3D Blast (Genesis ver) and SpinBall are part of this, since both already got content in the game (islands and music);

Beyond that, I wouldn't expect much more than just the DLC packaged together in a physical version.

Wasn’t there Survey that mentioned this and some options they were considering?

I feel like sonic advance was on it which is unlikely but hype

Please just remove the upscaling filter, it makes the games look so bad. I'm not a stickler for raw pixels either, proper scanlines would be just as appreciated.

I hope to see something like :
  • Accessible filters INGAME and not having to exit the game (losing progress) just to change a filter.
  • SAVE -UNHOLY MOTHER OF MONTOROK- STATES.
  • REWIND

It's incredible how barebone this is. Like even the NSO have more features than this.

I think they're gonna add 3D Blast and Spinball...if they somehow get a version of the Saturn 2D Blast that would be exciting.

Edit: My pie in the sky want is Knuckles Chaotix. Such a peculiar game with an underrated soundtrack.

Last edited:
I hope to see something like :
  • Accessible filters INGAME and not having to exit the game (losing progress) just to change a filter.
  • SAVE -UNHOLY MOTHER OF MONTOROK- STATES.
  • REWIND

It's incredible how barebone this is. Like even the NSO have more features than this.
Ie'd set your expectations low on that front. These are ports, not Genesis emulation. Rewind and save states are likely never coming to Sonic Origins.

I can't imagine there would any reason to do this if it didn't feature Knuckles Chaotix, considering titles like Sonic Spinball weren't wiped back when they were cleaning up the older re-releases.

(though, Spinball and Mean Bean Machine don't appear to be on sale like the other Sonic games.... 🤔)

the real question is if they'll do a proper Retro Engine port of it or just attempt 32X emulation. the gameplay is noticeably a bit off compared to the other genesis titles, so it would take some work to replicate it.

I felt burned by Origins, this would need to have some good stuff for me to care at this point. Just adding some roms isn't going to cut it.

I know there is close to zero chance of happening but still gonna hope for the OG soundtracks. Would also be nice to have Sonic the Hedgehog 3 and Sonic & Knuckles playable separately.

Comicbook.com posted and then deleted an article detailing what's going to be added.

• Launches on June 23rd
  • All 12 Game Gear games.
  • Playable Classic Amy in the Genesis games.
  • Playable Knuckles in CD.
  • All previously released DLC.
  • Artbook and reverse cover with new art (physical exclusive).
  • Upgrade for $10, bundle for $39.99

I was hoping Spinball and 3D blast would be added too, but the 12 game gear games are nice + playable Amy.

Amy and CD Knuckles are good gets. I kinda wish Mighty and Ray made it again though.

I assume the 12 GG games are emulated? Hope they got a good dev for them...

Comicbook.com posted and then deleted an article detailing what's going to be added.

• Launches on June 23rd
  • All 12 Game Gear games.
  • Playable Classic Amy in the Genesis games.
  • Playable Knuckles in CD.
  • All previously released DLC.
  • Artbook and reverse cover with new art (physical exclusive).
  • Upgrade for $10, bundle for $39.99

Ehh... Amy is cool, knuckles in CD could have been included at launch. Gamegear games would have been fine at launch, but feel really weird added in the expansion, especially if they're not adding any console games with it.

Last edited:
I assume the 12 GG games are:

1. Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine
  2. Sonic Blast
  3. Sonic Chaos
  4. Sonic Drift
  5. Sonic Drift 2
  6. Sonic Labyrinth
  7. Sonic Spinball
  8. Sonic the Hedgehog
  9. Sonic the Hedgehog 2
  10. Sonic the Hedgehog: Triple Trouble
  11. Tails Adventure
  12. Tails' SkyPatrol

The fact they keep pedaling the inferior versions of Sonic 1, 2 and Chaos infuriates me.

The master system versions are right there Sega!
There's also versions of SpinBall, Mean Bean Machine and Sonic Blast on Master System

Not much of an improvement, other than resolution/aspect ratio, but still..

Game Gear! I sleep!

The people demand to be underwhelmed by Chaotix!

Honestly I think a mix of the SMS and remaining MD/32X games might've been better. Or maybe arcade even! Imagine if they finally brought SegaSonic and, uh, Rad Mobile?

Even with GG though could've gone deeper with tangental stuff too (Puyo Puyo Tsuu, Ristar, etc).

Amy and CD Knuckles are good gets. I kinda wish Mighty and Ray made it again though.

I assume the 12 GG games are emulated? Hope they got a good dev for them...
Hopefully M2.

EDIT: oh lmao comicbook.com? Discarded for now, they are the sloppiest of reporting rumors/leaks. Absolutely no vetting is done.

image.thumb.png.3053925607ecd3a67a49dc01c92cff89.png

This is the Amy sprite from the recently taken down article on comicbook

Oh wow

I'm curious if they did this internally or did Headcannon already do this and they decided to hold the content for the physical release a year later.

Last edited:

And just realizing comicbook didnt take it from a third party leaker or anything, and the story it being that they published the PR too soon... Yeah I buy it. Definitely real imo

Tails Adventure and Sonic Triple Trouble are must-plays at the very least.

I enjoyed most of the Game Gear catalog but those two I can easily recommend.

Happy about the physical release and Amy being playable. Not so happy about there seemingly being no changes to the Sonic 3 OST situation.

I'm not necessarily asking for the original tracks, just something of higher quality. Even the prototype tracks would've been better.

Now I wish we'd get SMS on NSO...

Mind you, I own two Master System consoles myself, and physical carts of most of them.. but you know, it's truly baffling they keep ignoring it besides the sole occasion of the Wii Virtual Console...

Back
Top Bottom