• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Previews SMT V Previews

I dont really like turn-based JRPGs, but looking forward to this. SMT and Persona are some of the few turn-based games that are actually fun to play, and, if I grind, it's cause I want to play more.

That being said, Persona 5 was way too long, but I finished it cause the story had such great characters. The meta aspect of it integrates the characters in fantastic ways as well. I'm hoping SMTV is about half the length of Persona 5, or even less, tbh. SMTIV kept me going with the cool setting and mystery (tho I never finished it).

I dont really like turn-based JRPGs, but looking forward to this. SMT and Persona are some of the few turn-based games that are actually fun to play, and, if I grind, it's cause I want to play more.

That being said, Persona 5 was way too long, but I finished it cause the story had such great characters. The meta aspect of it integrates the characters in fantastic ways as well. I'm hoping SMTV is about half the length of Persona 5, or even less, tbh. SMTIV kept me going with the cool setting and mystery (tho I never finished it).
SMT games are always shorter than Persona ones, typically in the 40-60 range, with some more if you are doing completion runs getting all sidequests etc.

Yeah, mainline SMT games are a breeze compared to Persona. I was only able to complete P3 and P4 thanks to the portable version on the PSP and Vita. Unfortuantely I had to drop P5 and Tokyo Mirage Sesesions (Wii U) because playing RPGs on home consoles is difficult these days; I managed to complete TMS with the Switch version though.

So excited for this! This’ll be the first game I play through at my new place. 🤩

Sorry if this has been answered already but I’m trying to go in as fresh as possible: can you switch difficulty levels at any time, or are you locked into your initial selection?

So excited for this! This’ll be the first game I play through at my new place. 🤩

Sorry if this has been answered already but I’m trying to go in as fresh as possible: can you switch difficulty levels at any time, or are you locked into your initial selection?
You can. But if you select hard, and bump it down from that, you can’t move back to hard. That’s the only restriction.

You can. But if you select hard, and bump it down from that, you can’t move back to hard. That’s the only restriction.
Thanks for the reply! I find SMT a little tricky so I was hoping that if I ended up knocking it down and it was too easy, I could go back. Def won’t be fucking with hard 😄

I'm fairly certain I could have written up that entire ESRB description without actually playing the game at all, lol

Yeah, mainline SMT games are a breeze compared to Persona. I was only able to complete P3 and P4 thanks to the portable version on the PSP and Vita. Unfortuantely I had to drop P5 and Tokyo Mirage Sesesions (Wii U) because playing RPGs on home consoles is difficult these days; I managed to complete TMS with the Switch version though.
Huh, I presume you're talking about their length and not the difficulty cause otherwise that's a really surprising opinion.

Huh, I presume you're talking about their length and not the difficulty cause otherwise that's a really surprising opinion.
Yeah I'm talking about length here, but even in terms of difficulty once you understand the battle system it's not really as monumentally difficult as people make it out to be.
Oh god, I'm phantom-posting ESRB ratings from reddit.

I feel like a pre-launch demo would've been announced by now but maybe we'll get a post-launch demo like Dread got?

A demo would gather a lot of attention if it shadowdropped with good reviews.
But you're right, it's quite unlikely.

Last edited:
I'm really curious about the impressions of the endgame for when reviews come out, the endgame quality can vary wildly between different SMT games so I really hope this one nails the landing, as it can be the toughest part to get right

Back
Top Bottom