• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Film Slipknot's vocalist Corey Taylor has bought the rights to the "Famous Monsters of Filmland" mag, plans to re-release every past issue for free.

Krvavi Abadas

Mr. Archivist
Pronouns
He/They
yes, really.
“Our job is to build a foundation to bring Famous Monsters into the modern age, while also honoring the legacy that came before,” he tells Rolling Stone. “It’s the whole reason that we were fans to begin with.” In addition to Famous Monsters, Taylor and his business partner, Eben McGarr (owner of Mad Monsters magazine and convention), also bought the rights to Captain Company (the Famous Monsters “store” that sold rubber masks and sea monkeys before becoming a real retail enterprise), and the life story of Famous Monsters founding editor Forrest Ackerman.
“It was the first real place where we, as horror nerds, could feel safe and feel connected feel like we weren’t alone,” he says. “The internet has made it easy for us to connect, so I want to kind of make this another viable place for them to come.”

the very first issue is currently available on the official site, though it should be noted that it's been converted into a html page, rather than being a pdf scan.
though this does at least mean you can easily post the embedded images seperately.
Screen+Shot+2022-10-03+at+11.08.46+PM-1920w.png

"bro i told you i wanted no pickles!"

other plans for the newly purchased IP include new conventions based off the magazine, a possible film studio lot, and even a monster-filled cruise.

Oh shoot this is actually an ingenius purchase, the amount of years of work you can use to sell for movies, vintage photos and just the sheer oddball copyright of unique photos to license is wild. Definitely a cool side-project for Corey.

Back
Top Bottom