• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Fun Club Should we keep Raccoon as a pet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BassForever

Master of the Undernet
Pronouns
He/Him
FrxFsXrX0Bk9AZP

We know that @Raccoon wears a dapper bow tie, but is it okay to feed and treat Raccoon as a pet? Please discuss.

I think he sort of just goes where ever he wants

I try to make sure my pets have the correct opinion on Nintendoland.

It's not good.

this thread, which is admittedly a little awkward for me, provides as good an opportunity as any for me to say that no, you should not feed or attempt to capture any wild animals, and especially not raccoons. in addition to commonly carrying disease, raccoons are comically destructive: here's what a "pet" raccoon looks like:

this thread, which is admittedly a little awkward for me, provides as good an opportunity as any for me to say that no, you should not feed or attempt to capture any wild animals, and especially not raccoons. in addition to commonly carrying disease, raccoons are comically destructive: here's what a "pet" raccoon looks like:

To be fair, I've seen human people be way more destructive to homes, while being significantly less cute.
this is not meant to be a counter to the very real and correct thing you said, it was meant only in jest and should be taken as simply another shitpost by famiboards dot com user chocolate underscore supra

good advice

that i have not followed

we ended up with a raccoon for a bit as the mom was accidentally killed, and uh

they have sharp claws. really sharp claws.

specifically I have fed raccoons

and have negotiated with raccoons

both times because animal control was unavailable until the morning and the baby raccoons outside our apartment were in peril

first time one of the babies poisoned itself by eating a whole box of those horrible holiday truffles

so we very cautiously managed to give it some hydrogen peroxide cat food so it would throw up the chocolate and not die

(animal control wasnโ€™t available til the morning and was going to treat it like an execution since the raccoon โ€œacting illโ€ couldnโ€™t be proven to not be distemper)

(buddy ate the cat food, puked later, and a couple days later was feeling way better, no signs of distemper at all, still sees and trusts us while avoiding other people!)

second time a littler raccoon was stuck upside down in a dumpster hole and panicking, absolutely having a bad time

we uh sacrificed a broom to help

not sound advice, but definitely things we have done that worked out!!

but uh donโ€™t have pet raccoons

and also @Raccoon is a person which makes this whole thread kinda weird

Imagine just going to a website and some people you don't even know made a whole thread about you
shit dude, imagine how I feel:

thats still less destructive than a cat

Why did they make the raccoon look so cute in the poster, wouldn't that make more people want it as a pet?

After watching "everything everywhere all at once" I'm terrified of raccoons so, NO.

Please be mindful of other members. While we believe this thread was not made with bad intentions, not everyone enjoys being turned into a forum meme.

-VolcanicDynamo, Barely Able, PixelKnight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom