• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Shiren the Wanderer: The Mystery Dungeon of Serpentcoil Island releasing in the West on February 27, 2024.

Phil32

Superhero
Pronouns
he/him
Previously announced for release in Japan for this January, IIRC. Not long of a wait between the Japanese release and the Western one, which is nice to see!

Rise, and rise again. Take Shiren to new heights! Shiren the Wanderer: The Mystery Dungeon of Serpentcoil Island is coming to the West on Nintendo Switch on February 27, 2024!

EDIT: And if you saw me write "Shinen" accidentally in the thread title before quickly fixing it, no, you didn't, but I guess I had that developer on the brain when creating this thread. ha :)

Can I say that it looks like Shiren The Wanderer 2 on N64 ? In a good way ?

Can't wait for this.
They noted taking inspiration from Shiren 1/2 and GB in particular, and them setting it after GB in the timeline really makes me hope it’s inspired by the classic entries. Really digging GB2 right now so i’m hoping to beat that or Netsal before this hits the states

I had a blast with Shiren the wanderer on Switch. Even used the online features to be rescued.

I hope we get a demo too. I haven’t played Shiren before. I think I’d like it but want to make sure

They noted taking inspiration from Shiren 1/2 and GB in particular, and them setting it after GB in the timeline really makes me hope it’s inspired by the classic entries. Really digging GB2 right now so i’m hoping to beat that or Netsal before this hits the states
Was GB2/DS2 fantranslated?

doesn't matter much but the game got really high scores from famitsu (link)

Shiren the Wanderer: The Mystery Dungeon of Serpentcoil Island (Switch) – 9/9/10/10 [38/40]

Just 1 month to go! Enough time to beat Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth and Granblue Fantasy: Relink.

I want to believe that Spike Chunsoft US put the game on my local eShop thanks to my passionate email about the series.

One week after that, they put one of them on eShop and now the next one appeared too to be pre-ordered.

I should finish Tower of Fortune this month, so day 1 for the next one.

doesn't matter much but the game got really high scores from famitsu (link)

Shiren the Wanderer: The Mystery Dungeon of Serpentcoil Island (Switch) – 9/9/10/10 [38/40]
holy shit! this matches the last high a MD game had, which was PMDIV: Gates to Infinity back in 2012 (which got the same score). Seems since that one was scored highly due to its story and being in 3D, I'm guessing this one scored highly for being a darn good game to play.

This looks really really good, definitely checking it out later this year once I'm done with IW and P3 Reload. Can always use more Mystery Dungeon games (new PMD when pls?)

Total shipments and digital sales for Shiren the Wanderer: The Mystery Dungeon of Serpentcoil Island have surpassed 200,000 units in Japan, Spike Chunsoft announced. It is the fastest-selling entry in the series.

Shiren the Wanderer: The Mystery Dungeon of Serpentcoil Island launched for Switch on January 25 in Japan and is due out on February 27 worldwide.

200,000 sales in ten days. That's fantastic for a challenging game/series like Shiren.
It's a shame that people (in the West) are not talking more about this series. Maybe that'll change when it releases in English.
The next Nintendo Direct should help with that, too.

good stuff

2iedcCT.png

Never played Shiren or other turn based roguelike games really. I hope we get a demo! Like, I think I would dig it but I want to be sure, ya know?

Still at 84 now. This is SHOCKINGLY high given how these games work. I am shocked beyond belief that this scored above an 80.
it's actually higher on metacritic. 87 with 10 reviews. very impressive, i think it's the first mystery dungeon game to get an 80+

Back
Top Bottom