• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Shinji Hashimoto (Kingdom Hearts co-creator) retires from Square Enix

7c6.gif

end of an era

Commemorative illustration by Toshiyuki Itahana (character designer for Final Fantasy IX)

We're probably going to see more of these in the coming years. I wouldn't be surprised if Kawazu retires after the new SaGa game and all the remasters are completed.

We're probably going to see more of these in the coming years. I wouldn't be surprised if Kawazu retires after the new SaGa game and all the remasters are completed.
Same. It's clear he's hanging around for SaGa and nothing more right now.

7c6.gif

end of an era
I was sitting roughly three rows from the front for that moment. Didn’t know it was so infamous until months later even though it was a let down in person lol. Was very funny in retrospect feeling the energy of the room wildly build and completely empty.

Weird question but would he be one to to play a part it all the Sony deals for FF? Brand manager reads that way to me but I’ve no clue

I’m guessing the Crystal Chronicles remaster reception was enough to dissuade him from trying to push for remasters of the rest of that series ☹️
I don't think he was involved with that remaster to start with unfortunately. If he was maybe we would've gotten something better.

Weird question but would he be one to to play a part it all the Sony deals for FF? Brand manager reads that way to me but I’ve no clue
He probably took a part but FF Sony deals are the result of a much deeper relationship between the two companies than just him, multiple games are Sony exclusive with his lack of involvement (or the involvement of memebers of the FF team). I’d say he was okay with them more than him being the one doing the deals he is no Nagoshi or Harada

Back
Top Bottom