• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Reviews Shin Megami Tensei V | Review Thread

I’m sticking to JP audio. Games like this feel weird to me otherwise.

I will also be playing in Japanese audio, however I really enjoyed Soul Hackers' dub and Digital Devil Saga's dub, those are the best ones I've heard from Atlus's RPGs.

You can also watch reviews that have alot of the dubs in them

I refuse to watch in case of spoilers. I was just curious if it was any good or not (Nocturne's dub was just... okay).

The dub sounds good and I want to try it, but I also don't want to pass on Aogami referring to me as "SHOUNEN" in his deep voice

What to do, what to do

I don't get what's going on with Easy Allies, they had previews of this and Forza yet the reviews come out and nothing. Why invite an outlet to preview but not review in time? They moan all the time that Nintendo don't give them early copies but it seems neither Atlas or Microsoft do either. It's a shame as the reviewers are both fans of the franchises.

I don't get what's going on with Easy Allies, they had previews of this and Forza yet the reviews come out and nothing. Why invite an outlet to preview but not review in time? They moan all the time that Nintendo don't give them early copies but it seems neither Atlas or Microsoft do either. It's a shame as the reviewers are both fans of the franchises.
They have the game, review will come out the 12th more reviews from othee youtubers will come out as well in launch

On the plus side, their review may be more comprehensive and bring something actually new to the table.

Contacted Amazon support to find out if/when my copy would be delayed to. They said "Please ignore the email, it will arrived on the guaranteed date of the 12th."

I hope they aren't talking out their ass but throwing words like "guaranteed" sure is bold if they're talking bullshit.

Contacted Amazon support to find out if/when my copy would be delayed to. They said "Please ignore the email, it will arrived on the guaranteed date of the 12th."

I hope they aren't talking out their ass but throwing words like "guaranteed" sure is bold if they're talking bullshit.

Mine still says the 12th if that makes you feel more confident

Mine still says the 12th if that makes you feel more confident
Mine never didn't say 12th, but that email they sent everyone saying "It might be late" made me nervous. I have a couple of times had things say they would be here on a date and not make it. Case-in-point the Switch OLED didn't arrive until the Monday after because they screwed up and gave it to UPS too late.

I’d consider heading to GameStop or a Best Buy in the morning instead of waiting for Amazon, or double dipping with digital. Can’t trust Amazon or our strained supply chain.

I’d consider heading to GameStop or a Best Buy in the morning instead of waiting for Amazon, or double dipping with digital. Can’t trust Amazon or our strained supply chain.
There's pretty much no way I get the special edition going to those stores in person in the morning, plus I can't really take the time off work. I'm sticking with my special edition and hoping Amazon comes through getting it in on time.

Ah sorry didn't know it was the special edition — makes sense. Good luck!

The Easy Allies reviewer who is working on SMTV talks about the game for about 20 minutes here:

The opening words will be soothing to anyone annoyed by Persona comparisons. "Not realizing that SMT is trying to accomplish very different things" sums up what was wrong with the quote that took over the thread for a while.

Easy Allies (9/10)
It's surprising that a game like Shin Megami Tensei V can even exist in the way that it does. It’s a heavily marketed, big publisher JRPG that is absolutely uncompromising in its vision. The game has an intricate and demanding battle system that pushes you to explore its depths at every opportunity. While the series has long been known for these qualities, they're sharpened to a deadly degree here. Not only that, but SMT V breaks with its own standard, incorporating unconventional exploration that feels very much like it’s from an action-adventure game or platformer. The storytelling does ultimately cling too closely to the well worn SMT template, but its tone feels so singular in the genre that it still carries a lot of appeal.

Back
Top Bottom