• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion Share Your Favorite Top X Games Of 2021!

xghost777

Magical Girls <3 #TeamJRPG #TrustTheProcess
With the official Fami GOTY event over (see post 54 here for the winners!), now is a great time for us to share our favorite top X games of 2021! Sharing your top ten is traditionally the most popular, but feel free to share any number. If you had five favorites last year, share your top five! Have some honorable mentions in addition to your top ten, why not! To keep this a bit more fun than just a list thread make sure you share a fun thing or two about your list. Maybe share a detail or two on why your favorite game was number one or why one of your favorites edged out a more popular choice. I'll kick off this thread with mine!

xghost777's Top Ten Favorite Games Of 2021

1: Neo: The World Ends With You
2: Trails To Azure (Geofront Fan Translation)
3: Metroid Dread
4: Lost Judgment
5: Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart
6: Ys IX Monstrum Nox
7: Blue Reflection Second Light
8: Ender Lilies: Quietus of the Knights
9: Bowser's Fury
10: Nier Replicant ver 1.22474487139...

Honorable Mentions: Gnosia, Mario Golf Super Rush, The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles

Metroid Dread was my favorite game mechanically last year (I voted for Dread in the final round of the Fami GOTY!), Trails To Azure had my favorite story, and Neo: The World Ends With You was my favorite mix of both story and gameplay which is why it was my favorite game last year. Also, Blue Reflection Second Light edged out Nier Replicant because when I replayed both games, I liked Blue Reflection Second Light more in my New Game+ Deathwish playthrough and I ended up liking Nier less in my repeat runs for Endings B, C, and D. Ending E for Nier was phenomenal though and worth the effort to play.

1. Monster Hunter Rise
Honestly, at this point I feel like you folks must be getting tired of me singing this game's praises endlessly, so all I'll say is this is the most satisfying and rewarding gaming experience I've had in years.

2. Metroid Dread
Blew my expectations away; a beautifully balanced and finely tuned cocktail of action, exploration, thrills and chills that plays like a dream and single handedly brings the series back to the forefront of the genre it gave birth to.

3. Dusk
Expertly blends the best of old school 90s shooter DNA with a slick modern polish. An absolute blast that never takes itself too seriously and embraces unadulterated fun above all.

1. NSO N64
Easily the best games that released in 2021, and for such a low price to boot!
2. New Pokémon Snap
Very cute
3. Shin Megami Tensei V
Pretty cool creatures and you can Naruto run

2021 was a weak year for new games, but I played lots of good old games for the first time

top 5 games of 2021 by me

NUMBER 5: Metroid Dread

NUMBER 4: It Takes Two

NUMBER 3: Lost Judgment

NUMBER 2: Monster Hunter Rise

and finally
NUMBER 1:

Yakuza 0 yet again baby for the fifth straight year!!!!!

1.- Atelier Ryza 2
2.- Samurai Warriors 5
3.- Blue Reflection Second light
4.- Metroid Dread
5,- P5 Strikers
6.- Blaster Master Zero 3
7.- Ender Lilies
8.- SMT V
9.- Astalon
10.- Metalic Child

Honorable mention to the Castlevania Advance Collection, back in the day I bought the GBA Player for gamecube only to play the castlevania games (and golden sun) and these port didn't dissapoint. Also to Mary Skelter Finale as an end to the story (and finally not letting you having a broken party). Finally Hyrule Warriors AoC, while it was released on 2020, I only managed to play it until 2021 and it is the first Musou with spanish LATAM dub

I recently played a couple I didn't get around to last year, but I didn't want to bump anything off the list because they're still great and also who cares.

My top 13, in no particular order because ranking stuff gives me hives:

Nier Replicant
FIST: Forged in Shadow Torch
Monster Hunter Stories 2
The Forgotten City
The Good Life
Gnosia
Returnal
It Takes Two
Psychonauts 2
Shin Megami Tensei V
Forza Horizon 5
Metroid Dread
Lost Judgement

Also after putting together a list like this is anybody else overcome with anxiety over the games you didn't include, and how you could easily assemble four more lists of entirely different titles that would be equally valid?

1. Shin Megami Tensei V
2. ENDER LILIES: Quietus of the Knights
3. Metroid Dread
4. Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury
5. Astalon: Tears of the Earth
6. Bravely Default II
7. Blaster Master Zero 3
8. Dungeon Encounters
9. Mario Party Superstars

My top 9 games, and I choose 9 because these are the games I liked enough to shoutout. I think they're all good. Was a nice year for metroidvania titles with 3 of my top 5. Fans of the genre should check out all of them. I think Ender Lilies and Astalon comparatively flew way under the radar but they're both superb.

8. Famicom Detective Club

Shoutout to that one guy asking at the investors meeting if they were working on a new FDC game, truly an inspiration to F-Zero and Golden Sun fans everywhere.

7. Neo The World Ends With You

Find someone that loves you like Square Enix loves stupid titles.

6. The House in Fata Morgana

Metacritic sucks, I was promised the best game of all time and all I got instead was this incredibly well written and enthralling visual novel.

5. Super Mario 3D World: Bowser’s Fury

Fun fact, this was actually called ‘Bowser’s A Furry’ before Miyamoto stormed in and upended the tea table.

4. Death’s Door

Someone had the inspiration ‘What if Zelda but you play as a bird’ and they are a genius.

3. Metroid Dread

For the record, I am definitely not Raven Beak. But speaking of, have you seen that guy? He’s so jacked he has an eight pack.

2. Chicory

It’s very simple developers, if you give me an ink swimming mechanic then I will never use any other traversal method.

1. The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles

Shu Takumi could write the back of a cereal box and I would still probably think that was the most captivating shit I’d ever read.

Time to share my favorite games of the year! Starting at the top with my game of the year...

1) The Great Ace Attorney 2: Resolve

0d8f179fb5d4ab6b059005b3ef2c23b839a793c5.jpg

I had been waiting for these games to get translated for ages, and the wait was worth it! An incredible finale to the already very good first Great Ace Attorney game. The second entry is honestly one of my favorite Ace Attorney games of all time.

2) Famicom Detective Club: The Girl Who Stands Behind

the-girl-who-stands-behind.large.jpg

I was already familiar with this one, having played the Super Famicom remake, but the Switch remake was great! Amazing visuals and a redone soundtrack that's just as good as the last two this game got (which you can switch to in game at any point!). Even though I knew what was coming, it was just as exciting seeing the same plot beats redone in a new style.

3) Deltarune Chapter 2

Spamton.jpg

A really exciting chapter that's just as funny as the first! The spritework has only gotten better since Chapter One, and the music is as catchy as it's been since Undertale. Spamton is a real standout in this one; a well written character with an incredibly catchy theme song. That Big Shot always brings a smile to my face!

I don't feel like doing any kind of write-up for the others, so here they are!

4) Famicom Detective Club: The Missing Heir
5) The Great Ace Attorney: Adventures
6) Shin Megami Tensei V
7) No More Heroes 3
8) Get in the Car, Loser!
9) New Pokemon Snap
10) Bowser's Fury

An Honourable Mention goes to Metroid Dread. While it's not as good as any of the games I listed above, it was nice having a proper new Metroid after a 4 year absence. Fun last boss too!

1. Inscryption
2. Metroid Dread
3. Shin Megami Tensei V
4. The Great Ace Attorney
5. Psychonauts 2
6. Guilty Gear Strive
7. Resident Evil Village
8. Record of Lodoss War Deedlit in Wonder Labyrinth
9. No More Heroes 3
10. Loop Hero

1.- Atelier Ryza 2
2.- Samurai Warriors 5
3.- Blue Reflection Second light
4.- Metroid Dread
5,- P5 Strikers
6.- Blaster Master Zero 3
7.- Ender Lilies
8.- SMT V
9.- Astalon
10.- Metalic Child

Honorable mention to the Castlevania Advance Collection, back in the day I bought the GBA Player for gamecube only to play the castlevania games (and golden sun) and these port didn't dissapoint. Also to Mary Skelter Finale as an end to the story (and finally not letting you having a broken party). Finally Hyrule Warriors AoC, while it was released on 2020, I only managed to play it until 2021 and it is the first Musou with spanish LATAM dub
I have never even heard about Metalic child. But seeing the rest of your list, I know I need to find out about it.

Anyway, I’ll think about my top.

My top 2 games of 2021 are New Pokemon Snap and NEO TWEWY, because they’re also the only 2021 Switch releases that I’ve played. But they’re honestly super fun games too!

General (only games released first in 2021):
1- Monster Hunter Rise
2- Shin Megami Tensei V
3- WarioWare Get it Together
4- Neo The World Ends With You
5- Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart
6- Tales of Arise
7- Monster Hunter Stories 2 Wings of Ruin
8- Scarlet Nexus
9- Ghosts n Goblins Resurrection
10- Ys IX Monstrum Nox

Switch specific (late ports included):
1- Monster Hunter Rise
2- Shin Megami Tensei V
3- WarioWare Get It Together
4- Neo The World Ends With You
5- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2
6- Monster Hunter Stories 2
7- Ghosts n Goblins Resurrection
8- Ys IX Monstrum Nox
9- Disgaea 6
10- No More Heroes III

Other Switch releases I enjoyed very much this year: Kingdoms of Amalur, Crash Bandicoot 4, Plants vs Zombies Battle for Neighborville, Trails of Cold Steel 4, Blue Reflection 2, Dying Light, Mario Party Superstars, Lost in Random, Hot Wheels Unleashed, Strange Brigade, Death's Door, Subnautica Below Zero, Snowrunner, SaGa Frontier, DBZ Kakarot, Super Money Ball Banana Mania. Jesus, what a year.

1. NieR: Replicant
The NieR series is something special. For me, it's series with tremendous emotional resonance, and despite its aging aspects, this very same resonance shines through in all aspects of Replicant, from its striking narrative poise, to its odd cast and through its intricate writing, stellar soundtrack and captivating scenarios. NieR: Replicant is proof to me that as far as I'm concerned, more or less anything and everything NieR is simply nothing short of magic.

2. Game Builder Garage
This game makes game making as easy and fun as Mario Maker once made level editing easy and fun, a very Nintendo way of turning pedagogy into an exhilarating gameplay component. It's not as much game making as it is artistry, and your stylus is a pen that paints whatever mechanics and code solutions you can come up with. And it's all phenomenal, so simple and stripped down, yet so rewarding that it's downright exhilarating. This is a level editor game that I personally hold as one of the best new IP's of the Switch era.

3. Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury
3D World remains to this day one of my favourite 3D Mario games, and that game alone would suffice for a high spot on any top 10 list. But this time, Nintendo went the extra mile and packaged it with the tremendous Bowser's Fury. This is an intoxicating playground, non-stop fun and seemingly bursting with madcap invention after madcap invention. I think Bowser's Fury does every idea it brings to the table justice, and if that's not an admirable achievement in design, then I don't know what is.

4. Metroid Dread
The return of the queen. Metroid Dread is everything a spectacular 2D exploration-centric action adventure game is and should be, and then some. Samus has never controlled better, and the level design allows for satisfying progression, tense sections where you have to sneak past the EMMI, as well as the series trademark atmosphere and sheer sense of place. Slick, intuitive and polished to damn near perfection, this is a Metroid as great as they come.

5. The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles
Lovers of story has a lot - a LOT - to gain and love from this game, because this is a story for the ages. Tight, focused and with twists so intricate that it's like seeing a narrative designer nail a home-run. The historic setting, the characters and the relationships, they all come together to form something remarkable. This Ace Attorney instalment completely won my heart and my intellect over with its cast, plot and setting - I think it certainly lives up to the "Ace Attorney" moniker, and that is saying a lot. A LOT.

6. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD
At long last, the final game not released on modern HD systems got the treatment it deserved this year. And what an improvement! I feel that 60 FPS, improved motion controls and slick UI all comes together to make this great adventure feel worth experiencing again. What was once a novel idea is now sword swinging perfected, and what was once something that looked like it had a pixel filter is smooth and pristine. This rendition of the legend might have its fair share of issues, but at the end of the day, this is what I love the most in gaming - A 3D Zelda.

7. Deltarune Chapter 2
The prequel/sequel/AU/fanfic/whatever hohokum of a follow-up to one of my favourite games ever made received the second chapter this year, and what a chapter it is! Bigger, better, wackier, it's the - for lack of a better word - franchise's trademark insanity cranked to 11 and beyond and it was impossible for me to not capitulate to its charm. Heartwarming, wholesome and brimming with mad ideas, this is an excellent follow-up to Chapter 1, a hugely enjoyable ride, and I can't wait for the next chapters.

8. Scarlet Nexus
There's always something nervous, yet eager, about familiarising yourself with a brand new IP. Characters you've never heard of before and mechanics that takes a good while to click with you. But Nexus made me feel right at home almost instantly. I immediately felt familiar with the cast, and grew addicted to the telekinesis-based combat. It's great fun to fight your way through hordes of enemies in Nexus, as well as gradually learning more about the characters you fight with, all wrapped up in a package that's a positive blast.

9. Mass Effect: Legendary Edition
A bit of an outlier placement, since I didn't finish the first game before the year ended, but I still want to place it here. Because there's no denying that this is great stuff, a game with impeccable world building and choices that carries a heavy weight with them. As Shepard, you really "role-play" in this expansive RPG, and bring people together to face an impending threat. This trilogy really is a centerpiece in video game history, and while I didn't finish it, I can still recognise and respect its impact and quality.

10. Life is Strange: True Colors

The story of Alex Chen marked the next instalment of Life is Strange this year, and the sometimes heavy decisions and subject matters that the series so often brings. Alex finds herself knee-deep in a small town mystery, and must poke and prod where her nose doesn't quite belong to find the answers she needs. The game's quality really speaks for itself. I think it's not quite up to pat with other games in the series, but nevertheless, this is everything I expected from Life is Strange - a warm, welcoming story about everyday life,

Honorable mentions: Ender Lilies: Quietus of the Knights, NieR Reincarnation, The Good Life

I played many games in 2021 but only 3 that actually released in 2021, which are:

1. The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles
I'm a big fin of the AA series, so I had to pick up the latest entry. I absolutely loved it, the new setting, new characters and new mechanics are fun as hell and the story told across the 2 games is one of the best in the series.

2. Metroid Dread
Finally the return of 2D Metroid! Fantastic game as well, I loved Samus' mobility and the focus on tough boss battles.

3. Monster Hunter Rise
First time I ever play Monster Hunter. It's super addicting and I had a ton of fun with it. I still need to get back to it and beat the last monster they added...

I have never even heard about Metalic child. But seeing the rest of your list, I know I need to find out about it.

Anyway, I’ll think about my top.
It's a decent roguelite where you can manage 2 weapons (out of 3) with a megaman-ish system where you can gain the ability of the bossess and they have weakness to an especific weapon. It even has stages where they change the top view for a gyruss and a star fox like battles.

These are my top 10 2021 games organized by hours played:

1. Tetris Effect Connected
2. Retro Highway
3. Loop Hero
4. Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc: Anniversary Edition
5. The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles.
6. Death's Door.
7. Littlewood.
8. Astalon: Tears of the Earth.
9. Unavowed.
10. Disco Elysium: The Final Cut.

Was another great year.

Aw, I totally missed the GotY voting here, oh well. Anyway, here are mine…

My top ten, in release order (because I’m not good at ranking entirely different games against each other, lol):
  • Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury
  • New Pokémon Snap
  • Famicom Detective Club: The Missing Heir
  • Famicom Detective Club: The Girl Who Stands Behind
  • Miitopia
  • The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD
  • NEO: The World Ends with You
  • WarioWare: Get It Together!
  • DELTARUNE Chapter 2
  • Metroid Dread
Not sure if Deltarune should really count or not, though, considering it’s an update to an existing game that didn’t release in 2021, and if it does count I feel like that opens the door for DLC like Super Smash Bros. Ultimate’s Fighters Pass Vol. 2—which would absolutely make my top 10 list just for Pyra/Mythra’s addition alone, lol—or Animal Crossing: New Horizon’s Happy Home Paradise. If I had to choose a single game that I enjoyed the most, I’d probably pick…either Miitopia or NEO: The World Ends with You, I think.

Honorable mentions (some of which I just haven’t finished yet, and they may have made my top 10 list otherwise):
  • Game Builder Garage (unfinished)
  • Mario Golf: Super Rush (unfinished)
  • The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles (unfinished)
  • Sonic Colors: Ultimate
  • Cruis’n Blast
  • Mario Party Superstars
  • Shin Megami Tensei V (unfinished)
  • Pokémon Brilliant Diamond / Shining Pearl
  • Big Brain Academy: Brain vs. Brain
There are also some games that released last year, like Fuga: Melodies of Steel, that I bought and I’m sure I’ll love but I just haven’t gotten around to starting yet, so I can’t really say anything about them unfortunately.

In alphabetical order:

Death's Door
Look, I'm a Zelda fan. A huge Zelda fan. If I wore one different Zelda t-shirt every day of the week, I'd still have further Zelda shirts available to wear the following week. Death's Door is a Zelda-like which, while it unashamedly riffs of its inspiration, also manages to feel unique and worthwhile. It's demanding but forgiving (thanks, generous checkpointing), and it boils its mechanics down to a handful of staple Zelda abilities (bomb, bow, boomerang, hookshot). It tells a worthwhile story with a unique perspective, and separates its varied environments through a neat hub world. Each of its dungeons has a notable shift partway through - the first dungeon's shift is the most radical and successful because mechanics, aesthetics, and tone all radically shift in a surprising but fun way. I played it in the last week of 2021 and I have a lot of love for it.

Dungeon Encounters

Here's a funny one, because I only got around to playing this game in 2022; but it is a 2021 game and so it's still allowed to be in this list. Dungeon Encounters is utterly minimalist, removing the fancy trappings of JRPGs and boiling it down to 99 grids for you to traverse. I think the real triumph here is the combination of elements is both basic and deep. It helps that the game's art - used for battle scenes in place of 3D models - is absolutely gorgeous, and that, while the game can throw curve balls at you, diligent, strategic play is rewarded. Exploration abilities radically alter the game once you've made it around a third of the way through, substantially shifting how you approach the dungeon. This one caught me completely by surprise, coming out of nowhere, and claiming a place as one of my favourite games of 2021.

Famicom Detective Club

Flash back 20 years, to 2002, and I've got my first Nintendo home console. I've dabbled with SNES and N64 games through friends, and I've owned a GBC and GBA, but GameCube is my introduction to owning a Nintendo home console. A friend introduces me to Super Smash Bros Melee, and as soon as I can, I wander off to buy it one day after high school. I'm hooked, and surprisingly, it's the game's trophy vault which becomes one of the most memorable aspects of the game. I've been brought up on Nintendo's portables, and don't know all that many of their franchises, so the trophy vault becomes an education. It introduces me to Ayumi Tachibana, and the idea that a 1980s visual novel about a crime agency is 100% a Nintendo game I want to play.

Fast forward to 2021 and this (slightly odd) dream becomes a reality. Absolutely stunning art, strong writing, and an excellent remixed soundtrack which maintains the game's powerful 80s vibes, and this joint release (in Europe, yes I'm cheating) is one of my favourite releases of 2021. A history lesson in Nintendo oddities and a distinctly Japanese game genre, this is something I never thought I'd get to play, but I sure am glad I did.

Halo Infinite

My tried and trusted gaming combo from 2002 to 2015 was Xbox + Nintendo's home and handheld systems. In 2021, I returned to the Xbox fold, lured by Game Pass, and the promise that Halo Infinite might finally be a return to form for this iconic game series. I'm glad I took the chance, because while it's fair to say that Infinite doesn't (yet) live up to the promise 343 and Microsoft initially made, it does more than enough to refresh and reinvigorate the series, with smart new mechanics and a new, more open structure combining to make for one hell of a ride. It's bizarre to me that a game which is so obviously ripe for improvement could also manage to feel genuinely excellent, but kudos to 343. This Halo ring is an exciting place to be and hopefully will be even more so as months and years go by.

Metroid Dread

It feels a little like a recurring theme on this list is "concepts I was introduced to in the early/mid 2000s which somehow reappeared" and Dread was another of those. Once a scrapped game, now set to be the most successful Metroid title yet, I absolutely loved every single minute of this. Controlling Samus has never felt better; the boss fights were frenetic, varied, and challenging; the story engaging without being intrusive; and the whole damn thing looked and oozed style. While I understand that some will be disappointed with the way the game nudges you onwards, I felt that this was very much Dread by name, Dread by nature; Dread is a future-orientated state, a form of anticipation, and I felt this long overdue step forward in the Metroid saga lived up to the anticipation and then some. A standout title in the Switch's overall library.

Monster Hunter Rise

My most-played game of 2021 and my second most-played Switch game yet, Monster Hunter Rise is a game that's great - as far as I'm concerned - because it's built for Switch. Palamutes and wirebugs condense the large open maps into spaces which can be navigated far faster than any Monster Hunter, a design decision which creates a gameplay loop which is fast, concise, and immediate, mirroring the Switch's own focus on immediacy. The combination of rapidity, verticality, and new traversal options makes for a dynamic and exciting game with top-tier production values. One of the best games on Switch all round, I think.

No More Heroes 3
Do you want a game with neon visuals, frenetic action, and irreparable fourth wall breakage within seconds of starting? A game which shifts from a CRT filtered wasteland, to a game of musical chairs, to homages to Japanese cinema? How about a game which tasks you with collecting scorpions for a ramen chef, mowing lawns, shooting giant alligators, and saving the world from super-powered aliens? I'm halfway through this game right now and I love it. If this truly is no more heroes, then what a way to go out. Janky, funky, sweary.

Olija
Olija was one of the very first games I played in 2021. Mechanically, aesthetically and narratively taut, it is nevertheless exciting, atmospheric, and rewarding. A brief but brilliant game.

WarioWare: Get It Together!
I mean, obviously. This is a really interesting one, though, because this is not a series which needed to take risks, and ultimately, the major change in Get It Together is perhaps one of the more divisive changes this series could make. By making the characters playable, the level playing field that WarioWare leant on as the foundation for players accessing its multiplayer mayhem is at least partially upended; the positives for this, however, are that now there's more method to the madness, and these characters who were so fun to observe are now implemented mechanically in the moment to moment gameplay. I thoroughly enjoyed the shift, and I think, a little like Halo Infinite's changes, Get It Together's made a notable shift whose actual significance may be felt further down the line. What else could a playable cast with different abilities bring to Wario's future, given his past as a form-shifting treasure-hunter?

Last edited:
Hmm.. here's my favorite Switch games released last year. I tend to go for cheap, small & unique! I might add some comments later.

1. Kuukiyomi 3
2. Tux and Fanny
3. Umarangi Generation
4. Unavowed
5. Cruisn' Blast
6. Cross the Moon
7. Cuccchi
8. Cosmic Top Secret
9. Nostalgic Train
10. Chill Panda

Hmm.. here's my favorite Switch games released last year. I tend to go for cheap, small & unique! I might add some comments later.

1. Kuukiyomi 3
2. Tux and Fanny
3. Umarangi Generation
4. Unavowed
5. Cruisn' Blast
6. Cross the Moon
7. Cuccchi
8. Cosmic Top Secret
9. Nostalgic Train
10. Chill Panda
Some comments would be great. Tux and Fanny looks very interesting.

Favorite 5 of 2021

Psychonauts 2
Each stage has such a unique idea that I would make me more excited to see the next. Each character had a wonderful design and charming personality that made me feel and understand their motives. Add a compelling story of mystery with a ton of humor and you have probably Double-Fine's best game. There was so much thought and care put into each character's struggles and issues that were presented so creatively inside their minds. Each environment had tons of small details that only added to the overall charm of the game.

The Great Ace Attorney Collection
I have waited years for this game. I remember being excited seeing the original 3DS trailer. I was close to using the fan mod, when the Capcom leak showed there was a chance this was coming to the US. It was worth the wait.

Monster Hunter Rise
This game sucked hours of my life. I love how it adapted the gameplay for more pick up and play type hunts. In the end the change of pace made me more addicted to this entry than I was MHW.

Hitman 3
IO developed some fantastic sandbox levels. All with a unique quirks. One even making the game feel like a new genre.

Halo Infinite
Multiplayer pretty much took over my discord community. The game just has a really smooth feel with mouse & keyboard that I find very satisfying. Campaign was fun. I loved the battle-pass style progression, even if the environments got super repetitive.

I'm usually on a year or two delay for releases due to backlog and waiting for discounts, so I've only actually beaten three 2021 games so far lol. But I guess I can rank them: Monster Hunter Rise > NEO TWEWY >>> Great Ace Attorney. I'm partway through It Takes Two and will play Monster Hunter Stories 2 soon though

I played so few games last year.

SMTV was my favorite. I wish I got to The Great Ace Attorney Collection and Gnosia. fuck It Takes Two and Pokemon Brilliant Diamond

Some comments would be great. Tux and Fanny looks very interesting.
I'm a little tied up til next week but will definitely give some more comments when I have time. In the meantime, Tux and Fanny has a pretty generous demo!

I thought it was a pretty weak year and would probably have trouble making a top 10 list to be honest. There were only a few standouts to me:

1. Metroid Dread, my game of the year
2. Little Nightmares II
3. Psychonauts 2
4. FIST: Forged in Shadow Torch -- and this is an underrated and fantastic Metroidvania that got basically no attention, everyone should play it if they have Playstation

Back
Top Bottom