• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Discussion Famiboards Official Game of the Year Thread: The Results Are In! Please Check Out The Threadmark

Are We Really The Game of the Year?

• Yes

Votes: 74 85.1%
  • No

Votes: 13 14.9%

• Total voters
I’ll have to be more mindful with tracking and reviewing the games I play this year, so that I may be more proactive with next year’s awards.

Some great nominations here, though! Had to take a few moments to decide where to place my vote, especially for Best Level.

INTRODUCING: FAMIBOARDS FIRST GAME OF THE YEAR
Hello everyone one and all! After 114 responses (and some people that voted twice), we have finally come to the time where we can unveil our Game of the Year.

So! We are here, and let's hand out our awards. Thank you all for your participation, we had some huge numbers for our community here. Now I would like to introduce our categories and our winners.

LEVEL OF THE YEAR
Burenia (Metroid Dread)
BEST RERELEASE/REMASTER
The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles
BEST TURNBASED/STRATEGY RPG
Shin Megami Tensei V
BEST ACTION RPG
Monster Hunter Rise
BEST RACING/SPORTS GAME
Cruisin' Blast

BEST PLATFORMER
Bowser's Fury

BEST PARTY/CASUAL GAME
Mario Party Superstars
BEST ACTION/ACTION ADVENTURE GAME
Metroid Dread
GAME OF THE YEAR
Metroid Dread
TxfMUvc.jpg

Thank you all for your support. I hope you all have an amazing day today!

Hello everyone one and all! After 114 responses (and some people that voted twice), we have finally come to the time where we can unveil our Game of the Year.

So! We are here, and let's hand out our awards. Thank you all for your participation, we had some huge numbers for our community here. Now I would like to introduce our categories and our winners.

BEST RERELEASE/REMASTER
The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles

Thank you all for your support. I hope you all have an amazing day today!

the-great-ace-attorney-ryunosuke.gif

Congrats to all the winners! And thank you @Lozjam for running this!

Last edited:
shocked at the result, shocked i say!
congrats to the winners, great to soo GAA get some love.

Yay! Well done to all the winners. I voted for Rise as GoTY but big congrats to Dread for taking the big award home

metroid-nintendo.gif

Awesome to see my three favorite Switch games last year walking out with an award: Metroid Dread, The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles, and Monster Hunter Rise.

Also congrats to all of those involved in organizing this.

I want to throw this idea out there while it is still in my head. Maybe for the next round of GOTY we include some community awards like best game ST thread or best/most impactful thread?

I want to throw this idea out there while it is still in my head. Maybe for the next round of GOTY we include some community awards like best game ST thread or best/most impactful thread?
Sounds good.

Just curious why no categories for genres like puzzle games?

We had some brilliant entries last year -

Tetris Effect Connected
A Monster's Expedition
Picross Mega Drive Edition
Etc

Back
Top Bottom