• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion Shadowdrop for the next Direct

What will be the shadow dropped game at the next Direct?

• Metroid Prime 2 and/or 3

Votes: 28 58.3%
  • Luigi’s Mansion 1

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Legend of Zelda game

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • Donkey Kong Country Returns

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Other

Votes: 11 22.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought I’d take a break from uselessly speculating when the next Direct will be to focus instead on uselessly speculating what will be shadow dropped at the next Direct

If other let me know in the comments what you think will be shadow dropped

Ultra Super Ultimate NES Remix.

Nintendo is still promoting thr Famicom’s 40th anniversary, so it feels as possible as anything else.

My heart wants DKCR so bad. Tropical Freeze is so good that it made everyone forget how amazing Returns is as well, and I want them to remember.

Last edited:
I don't think a remake by grezzo would be shadowdropped. Would be marketed.
Yeah I did think that, but in my perfect world inside my head I get my Link Between Worlds switch port shadowdropped without any advertising.

Normally, I’d be saying Prime 2 and/or 3, but the sudden restock of all these Zelda amiibo last month and this month has me thinking something is brewing. So I’m going with a TP and/or TWW shadowdrop for their currently absent April game. Physical release in early June.

Honestly, I am just feeling a Prime 2 or F-zero GX Remaster Shadowdrop. Though part of that just might be because I am really feeling the need for more metroid and F-Zero.

i'm gonna guess nothing

well nothing from Nintendo anyways, obviously there will be some sort of shadowdrop from a third party there always is

More Jaleco games on NSO. Let's get some of their Game Boy classics!

Still foolishly hoping that the whispers of GX HD as the F-Zero project just meant they were doing it alongside F-Zero 99. Hopefully they'd give it online unlike other HAGI ports, but I'll take anything honestly.

Wouldn't be too surprised if they shadow dropped an F-Zero 99 update, assuming they have gotten to Mirror King League by the next direct.

I think Prime 2 and/or 3 has a decent chance. Luigi's Mansion I think comes later, Zeldas definitely don't feel like shadowdrop material. And I'm hoping that if they bring over DKC Returns it'd be as a remaster of the 3DS version rather than a Hagi port of the Wii version, which probably would be enough work and have enough sales potential to warrant a proper marketing cycle like LM2HD

Also gonna take a stab in the dark and say a localized Mother 3 happens as a separate eshop thing (along the lines of Fire Emblem from a few years ago, though ideally not time-limited this time). Maybe not at the next direct but I've got a gut feeling that this is the year

Normally, I’d be saying Prime 2 and/or 3, but the sudden restock of all these Zelda amiibo last month and this month has me thinking something is brewing. So I’m going with a TP and/or TWW shadowdrop for their currently absent April game. Physical release in early June.
For some reason I feel this too

Plus there was some smoke at the end of last year about a port being announced at the Game Awards and while that obviously wasn’t correct sometimes like with the Grubb Metroid situation the leak is right but the timing is off

This would be a great birthday present

LEAVE ME ALONE!

akira-flashback.gif

AHHHHH

METROID PRIME 2 REMASTERED

AHHHHH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom