• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Scream 6 announced

Chie

Satonaka Style
https://www.ign.com/articles/scream-6-officially-announced

I'm hyped. I was skeptical going in to Scream 5. Wes Craven is dead and Kevin Williamson didn't write it. But you know what? It was pretty great. It was well written and had some great gore/kills. I'm also hoping we can get 4k Blu-rays of 2-4. Scream 1 got a 4k disc to tie into the new movie and the 4k restoration was a revelation, the old Blu-ray looks awful and I'm hoping the others can get an upgrade. Oh, bring Kirby back too.

It's a great time for slasher fans :)

im-coming-ghostface.gif

Great news! I haven't seen the new Scream yet, but it's wonderful to see this franchise making a huge comeback.

The first 'Scream' remains one of my favorite movies from the 1990s.

Scream 5 was a banger, so happy we Scream fans don't have to wait another 11 years for a sequel.

At the same time, I'm curious what kind of fresh take or commentary they'll provide in Scream 6. The reason the franchise has been able to stay so sharp is because they were commenting on sequel/trilogy rules, and then 4 and 5 had huge gaps that allowed horror to evolve over the course of 11 years. Really intrigued that they greenlit this so quickly.

Great news! I haven't seen the new Scream yet, but it's wonderful to see this franchise making a huge comeback.

The original Scream is on my Mount Rushmore of slasher movies, along with Halloween, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, and Black Christmas. For pure rewatchability/entertainment factor, it might be #1!

In my opinion, the weakest Scream film is Scream 3. Most people will probably agree with that assessment.

However, I think Scream 1, 2, and 4 have all aged very well.

I'd rank the Screams from beet to worst as:

I marathoned the whole series last Summer, 4 and 5 could trade places, we'll have to see whenever my next marathon comes around. I like them all, though all, even 3. The Weinstein's fucked with that one too much between not waiting for Williamson and wanting to cut out all the violence.

You'd think after a few movies, their throat would eventually give out.

They must have really strong vocal cords~ :cool:

Curious how they'll move things forward, just watched 5 and there were too many scenes with Ghostface and not nearly enough development around the new characters, the entire thing was about Tara and Sam (neither being particularly interesting) and the rest were nearly all completely sidelined. And the reveal of who's wearing the mask was really weak (I don't believe one of them under the mask whatsoever), though the motive had me laughing and the direct snipe towards Rian Johnson had me rolling. The script really needed a final rewrite and I think the film would absolutely have nailed it completely. Though it's entirely possible they filmed a bunch of scenes, but edited them out like 4, which really had some issues there.

Still eagerly awaiting the sequel, there were a lot of great moments and I genuinely liked in what direction the film went in, they just (imo) spectacularly failed the landing.

In my opinion, the weakest Scream film is Scream 3. Most people will probably agree with that assessment.

However, I think Scream 1, 2, and 4 have all aged very well.
Agreed about 3. And I think Scream 4 was MAJORLY slept on at the time.

In hindsight, having Rory Culkin and Emma Roberts be Ghostface Is so deliciously meta with being less-famous members of famous acting families. It jived incredibly well with their in-film motives.

Also I think Jill might be the best Ghostface of the series…

Hope you enjoy 5cream. Its a lot of fun and has a lot to say about horror and movies in general this time around. Won’t say anymore because half the fun with Scream is unwrapping the present!

Back
Top Bottom