• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Saudi Arabia officially bans Final Fantasy XVI

Saudi Arabia funds Wahhabhist terrorists and movements, don't they?

If so, who cares what they think, imho.

Edit: Basically, they hold no moral authority when it comes to making a point of banning this game.

Good. More games should be inclusive. Fuck every backwards-ass government that thinks it should police what people are exposed through in the media.

If some people choose not to adhere to an agenda, their decision should be respected.
Writing a character gay != wanting the player to turn gay.
Everyone talks about "muh evil gay agenda" but no one talks about the "you must be a strong, emotionless and straight male" agenda that SA and western conservatives push.

My thoughts on this matter are already well covered here, but power in numbers and what have you...

Fuck censorship, glad to see (assumed) representation in a JRPG. Thanks Square. Or, thanks to the devs who championed the inclusion, and thanks Square for not getting in their way even if it might have been a rounding error circumstance for them.

Which of the characters is gay? I'm pleasantly surprised SE is sticking to their guns.

Also lol @ 'agenda' that is coded 90% of the time as 'I don't want gay people in any media'

Back
Top Bottom