• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Rumour Rumor: According to Sega leaker Midori, Nintendo is developing a game with the codename Banquet

Yeah, Sega involvement or not, this is a huge red flag. Midori is forgetting the "more secure than Pentagon" thing, if this info is accurate, Nintendo shinobi will use death jutsu on them. They shouldn't have shared this info, if this really is.

Even if true it all boils down to "Nintendo is developing a game, likely in one if their main franchises and probably for the Switch 2"

We could probably guess all of that is happening. I'm just a bit tired of leaks ans vague hints atm

Yeah, Sega involvement or not, this is a huge red flag. Midori is forgetting the "more secure than Pentagon" thing, if this info is accurate, Nintendo shinobi will use death jutsu on them. They shouldn't have shared this info, if this really is.
People actually believe that happened? That hasn't been confirmed at all that that actually happened.

Last edited:
I'm cautious about this rumor, normally Midori only leaks SEGA/Atlus stuff.
I'm excited about this rumor because Midori normally only leaks Sega stuff. Gimme Ninty/Sega collab!

For those "It's cooking or Kirby related" posts:

If a codename would be this obvious to the actual game behind it, you wouldn't need a codename to begin with. ;]
New Nintendo game is in development, codename "feral chaos gremlin elf"

As others have said, this narrows nothing down. It could have Sega involvement due to Midori's other leaks but it also could just not. Relatively pointless leak, but it'll be interesting to see what game it is in a couple of years.

This is as close to a nothing statement as possible. Tear's of the kingdom's code name was EX-King. Who could have sussed out anything about the game from that?

Last edited:
BREAKING: Nintendo is developing a video game

Well how about this, I got a scoop for you too. My sources tell me Nintendo is developing a video game codenamed Cornucopia.

Look I'm a leaker now too! You'll probably never know if I'm right or not because codenames are worthless private knowledge, but it doesn't matter, please give me my clout and user engagement now

yakuza ?

banquet-of-might-unlock-beat-everyone-and-all-the-masters-v0-pnd2tm2qacka1.jpg

OK so because this is Midori, it's Sega/Atlus related. It's for Nintendo. Some prime candidates of what this could be:

• New Mario & Sonic At The Olympic Games
  • F-Zero GX/AX Remaster
  • Shin Megami Tensei VI
  • Bayonetta IV

If we're still in the "codename" phase then we probably won't know what this for a while. I do take this as confirmation of a Sega/Nintendo collab though.

"Banquet" is referring to the game's design philosophy, a massive spread of content and options. Sega is developing the next Smash Bros.

You have received word from I, the great leaker Stilt Village, before all others. Remember it!

Why is everyone being so hostile about this? It's not huge news but it's nothing worth getting THIS angry about. I don't understand

Leakers are massive fucking losers man lmao.

Nintendo, SHOCKING NEWS, is developing....a video game!!!!!!

Why do we need affirmation that Nintendo, the video game developer, is doing their job? Who is this information for? Did people genuinely believe they weren't developing video games?

Watch youtubers use this leak to speculate that Banquet is the codename for the next Zelda game for the Switch 2.

Why is everyone being so hostile about this? It's not huge news but it's nothing worth getting THIS angry about. I don't understand
Agreed. If the message read "A game is in development at Nintendo", I would understand the reactions. Like, no shit, Sherlock. However, we have a codename..."Banquet". The codename may be a hint to what the game is about or it may mean absolutely nothing. Either way, I think it's fun to ponder and speculate.

Agreed. If the message read "A game is in development at Nintendo", I would understand the reactions. Like, no shit, Sherlock. However, we have a codename..."Banquet". The codename may be a hint to what the game is about or it may mean absolutely nothing. Either way, I think it's fun to ponder and speculate.
Then we should make topics about discussing games we think Nintendo is making then because that’s all this is and we already have a topic on that.

There’s nothing here. If there was something more substantial to the rumor then it makes sense to tweet it out. It’s just saying Nintendo is making a game.

Then we should make topics about discussing games we think Nintendo is making then because that’s all this is and we already have a topic on that.

There’s nothing here. If there was something more substantial to the rumor then it makes sense to tweet it out. It’s just saying Nintendo is making a game.
I'm focusing on the codename. Maybe it's a hint , maybe it's not. You take away the codename, then, yes, the tweet is worthless and needs to be tossed in the trash.

Thinking about the fact that Kirby's Dream Buffet was very clearly at some point developed with the intention of being an 8 player competition instead of just a 4 player competition. Could a 16-32 player version have potential as a launch title for Switch 2?
4032950-kirby%E2%80%99sdreambuffet%E2%80%93overviewtrailer%E2%80%93nintendoswitch2-29screenshot.png

I decided to make a video about this rumour as I think giving us a codename isn't actually a 'nothing' leak, as we might be able to predict a few things about it. If anyone is interested:

I mean if that is true, that would make sense. The last mario party game was released in 2021, and the last game NDCube seemed to work on at all that has released is Everybody 1-2 switch, which I doubt took that much resources. So the timing of this does seem to work. Now the question is how long in development has this supposed game been in.

I think it would be smart to give an Animal Crossing party game another shot. The concept is great it was just the execution that was terrible last time lol. Would be good to avoid Mario Party getting too played out too if they alternated between those two (and sometimes fit another project like Clubhouse games in there).

I feel like this is Switch 1 and a holiday game. Considering they've got to have something for this holiday and it doesn't seem like they'd need to hold it/try to position it as some big Switch 2 launch title.

Back
Top Bottom