• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Rumour Rumor: According to Sega leaker Midori, Nintendo is developing a game with the codename Banquet

I'm cautious about this rumor, normally Midori only leaks SEGA/Atlus stuff.

And in case of a Sega / Nintendo collab, the wording "in development at Nintendo" makes me wary, as iirc (feel free to correct me though) that such collabs are usually not developed at Nintendo, but at the dev partner for the game.

Just googled, the first few Mario & Sonic olympic games were developed at Sega, and the last ones at contract devs like Arzest.

First you pour the chili into a bowl. Then place the chili in the microwave...

Pour over hotdog, garnish with cheese and onion

I'm cautious about this rumor, normally Midori only leaks SEGA/Atlus stuff.

And in case of a Sega / Nintendo collab, the wording "in development at Nintendo" makes me wary, as iirc (feel free to correct me though) that such collabs are usually not developed at Nintendo, but at the dev partner for the game.
Can be missinformation, bad wording, can mean that it's a crossover title that's more on nintendos side (like TMS was a FE crossover...that was mostly a Persona game, maybe this is a Persona/SMT crossover that's mostly a FE game...then again it would be IS...)

I wouldn't be worried

"Nintendo makes games"

:eek::eek::eek:🥵🥵🥵🤯🤯🤯

But more seriously the banquet codename might imply a cooking related game (whether it's the general theming or gameplay concept) but otherwise it feels kinda worthless unless they plan on elaborating more later.

For those "It's cooking or Kirby related" posts:

If a codename would be this obvious to the actual game behind it, you wouldn't need a codename to begin with. ;]

Looking at TCRF's Nintendo project codenames sections on this page, very interestingly Super Mario Party has the buffet code, and a banquet could be considered to be a similarly lavish meal sitting... (also take note that Animal Crossing amiibo Festival is bbq...)

But why would Midori know about this? It's not like (unlike some friends from a decade ago who actually made custom Sonic Shuffle and Mario Party styled forum games) I'd expect a Nintendo + Sega collab to go for a party game route...

Last edited:
Looking at TCRF's Nintendo project codenames sections on this page, very interestingly Super Mario party has the buffet code, and a banquet could be considered to be a similarly lavish meal sitting... (also take note that Animal Crossing amiibo Festival is bbq...)
Nintendo Land = Lunch is another conspicuous one

Isn't Midori japanese? If she has connections with the industry over there, it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility that she's got a hold of contacts within Nintendo.

Nintendo Land = Lunch is another conspicuous one
Also forgot to add Kirby's Dream Buffet as breakfast

So I'm guessing this is some sort of party game but not M+S if we consider those games' project titles as a significant pattern

This is so worthless. Wow Nintendo is making a game! Codename is whatever.
The best/worst part is that it will be hard to prove the accuracy of this leak for a while. Assuming the title even ships.

I remain skeptical of this leaker. Plenty of their Atlus stuff has been connecting various dots / educated guesses. Then the whole quitting Xitter and coming back a day or two later drama. And now they’re going outside their domain. Something feels off.

Looking at TCRF's Nintendo project codenames sections on this page, very interestingly Super Mario Party has the buffet code, and a banquet could be considered to be a similarly lavish meal sitting... (also take note that Animal Crossing amiibo Festival is bbq...)

But why would Midori know about this? It's not like (unlike some friends from a decade ago who actually made custom Sonic Shuffle and Mario Party styled forum games) I'd expect a Nintendo + Sega collab to go for a party game route...
Could be Sega assisting or co-developing a game

"at Nintendo" can mean a ton of things I certainly don't think it exclusively means "at an internal Nintendo studio"

Fami!!!! Ready your breakfast, and eat hearty!!!

7dab69fe-67ad-49e0-bad4-e0330b6b4fab_text.gif

Sounds pretty obviously like a new Wario Land game that emphasizes Wario's ability to eat, inspired by his neutral B move in Super Smash.

It's a nothing-ass leak, that's for sure. A codename isn't something that can easily be confirmed by anyone for a long, long time.

Though the name "banquet" is fun to speculate about I guess, since not only does it fit into the apparent food theme for party game codenames, but being a term used for a gathering of many different people, it might be one with a lot of guests. Including SEGA, apparently.

I don't know what anyone other than Nintendo ninjas hunting for snitches is supposed to do with this information.

Cool. Nintendo is developing a game. This code name, if it is real, may or may not have anything to do with the game's content. Sweet.

How does this have thousands of likes on the cursed website where people are losing their shit over this? Not denying the "leak" (?) but I can do that too: EA is working on a new game internally codenamed "Pistachio"

Back
Top Bottom