• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Riviera: The Promised Land HD Remaster announced

Pronouns
he/him
My god, I never expected to hear that name again. I played it a lot back in the day on my GBA. Could never play the expanded version on the PSP but nicer to hear that this old game get's a remaster. I didn't even know it was originally a Wonderswan game?!

Switch is getting a lot of the good handheld stuff and I’m all for it. Riviera is a great li’l RPG.

I mean, technically we don't know which consoles it will come to but... I HIGHLY expect it to be on Switch at least. But yeah, I agree. Nice to see such old games getting a remaster.

hot damn i remember playing this like 15 years ago on the GBA, really really cool game actually.

The Yggdra remaster didn't leave Japan, unfortunately. Hopefully someone will pick them up for a Western release.

I still want to see Episode 3 of the Depth Heaven Saga, after all these years!

Now that is a name I haven't heard in a long, long time.

Hoping it gets a western release :O

Woohoo! One of my favourite Dept. Heaven game! I moaned quite a few times on here for wanting this and now we're getting it yay 😁😁😁

I still have the cart in my GB Micro(picked them up at the same time).

I will buy this Day 1 if it gets an English release, still sad that Yggdra Union did not have an English language option.

The PSP remake was one of the reasons why I bought a PSP in the first place.

Guess I'll buy it again.

I really hope this gets an official English release in the west…Or at least an Asia English one that I can order. Sting is such an underrated developer.

On one hand I'm glad that the most of the Dept Heaven games will be available on the Switch, but on the other my excitement is tempered by the fact that like Yggdra Union and Knights in the Nightmare it will most likely not be released here since Atlus is done with third party titles.

It's a longshot but maybe NISA can come with the save here.

Last edited:
I remeber playing this in my bedbas a kid. I remeber nithing about the game other than I think a voice says the name of the game on the title screen.

The Yggdra remaster didn't leave Japan, unfortunately. Hopefully someone will pick them up for a Western release.

I still want to see Episode 3 of the Depth Heaven Saga, after all these years!

Not getting too much hope for this in the west considering we didn't got Yggdra and gloria Union

On one hand I'm glad that the most of the Dept Heaven games will be available on the Switch, but on the other my excitement is tempered by the fact that like Yggdra Union and Knights in the Nightmare it will most likely not be released here since Atlus is done with third party titles.

It's a longshot but maybe NISA can come with the save here.

OH WOW! HOPES UP AGAIN! We are actually getting Yggdra Union

qp3oWnv.png

RuOmLQP.gif

HELL YES! One of my favorite GBA games of all time!

But the sequel Gloria Union was never localized. Wonder if Sting would do something about it...
I think this opens the possibility of getting it. It's also published directly by sting so it seems they are doing this job inhouse?

I think this opens the possibility of getting it. It's also published directly by sting so it seems they are doing this job inhouse?
I can't say for sure before playing it but my suspicion is they bought the localization from Atlus. The only game in the series that Atlus hasn't localized is Gloria Union and I feel they'll move on to Knights in the Nightmare after this. Maybe they'll do Gloria too but the localization could take time.

I also came in here to complain about US not getting Yggdra Union lol

Hopefully we will get Riviera and Knights in the Nightmare as well, I really liked those two games

OH WOW! HOPES UP AGAIN! We are actually getting Yggdra Union

qp3oWnv.png

RuOmLQP.gif
It comes out on the 27th!

Already wishlisted it and will be ready to purchase it as soon as I can. Hopefully Riviera and Knights in the Nightmare aren't far behind as well as a port of Gungnir in the future. Once that happens the only things left on my Vita to Switch port wishlist would be Odin Sphere Leifthrasir and Muramasa Rebirth.

God, if Knights in the Nightmare is coming, I'm going to scream so freaking hard out of sheer joy. That game is amazing!

I can't say for sure before playing it but my suspicion is they bought the localization from Atlus. The only game in the series that Atlus hasn't localized is Gloria Union and I feel they'll move on to Knights in the Nightmare after this. Maybe they'll do Gloria too but the localization could take time.
Atlus only localized the "main" games back then:

1. Riviera
2. Yggdra Union
4. Knights in the Knightmare
11. Gungnir

The three Yggdra spin-offs (Gloria Union, Blaze Unison, and Yggdra Unison) were left untranslated.

I have Gungnir but remember I fell of pretty fast, don't remember why though. Curious if this means that Sting actually believes in sales potential for the series which maybe leads to a finished Dept. Heaven episode III and, dare I dream, a new game in the series! :)

Back
Top Bottom