• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Xbox Redfall (General Discussion Thread)

if the rumors of it releasing a week before zelda then no i won't have the time to play it even though i have game pass

Never cared much for Dishonored, but Prey and Deathloop were great. Will probably be one of my first games played when I inevitably get an Xbox.

I am definitely going to play this but I'm not gonna start thinking about it or looking forward to it u til Microsoft gives me a release date so it can at least feel real.

I've liked Arkane's output so far, but hearing them compare it to Far Cry makes me a bit sad. Still excited for it, but it depends on when it releases.

Yup! Gamepass PC

but uh, is there a rumor it's dropping before Zelda TOTK? If so then I probably won't be able to put in enough time into it immediately.

one of my fave devs, absolute masters in level and control design. we're in for a blast Fami, I'm sure.

Will probably try it on Gamepass. I wasn't super impressed by Deathloop.

I'm surprised that this will be open-world, but I'm glad that Arkane is the one doing the open-world this time around as opposed to Ubisoft or Bethesda themselves.

I was a bit lukewarm on Deathloop, but I absolutely love Prey and Dishonored, especially 2. Really looking forward how their design sensibilities translate to a different genre. I really, really hate that they said player progression is tied to the host... Was really looking forward to co-oping this but since that's the case I'll probably just do single player.

if the rumors of it releasing a week before zelda then no i won't have the time to play it even though i have game pass
They should really not do the ā€œit comes out on Friday if you preorder the deluxe edition, it comes out on the following Tuesday for you regular edition plebs and Game Pass slobsā€ thing for this game.

Or any game ā€“ Microsoft should definitely not ever make people paying for their subscription service feel like second-class citizens ā€“ but especially not this game, where one of the biggest releases of the year is hitting just two weeks after the rumored ā€œearly Fridayā€ release.

Yup! Gamepass PC

but uh, is there a rumor it's dropping before Zelda TOTK? If so then I probably won't be able to put in enough time into it immediately.

The leak is April 28 for ā€œearly accessā€ deluxe edition buyers, May 2 for general access.

I really, really hate that they said player progression is tied to the host... Was really looking forward to co-oping this but since that's the case I'll probably just do single player.
Thatā€¦seems like a pretty nutty oversight for this game! Iā€™d be playing single player anyway (does that look like itā€™ll be OK, by the way?) but wowza. That will get on a lot of peopleā€™s wicks for sure

Threadmark: Redfall To Launch On May 2 - Report (GameSpot)

Tying into a previous report regarding the launch window of Redfall, industry insiders have narrowed down the potential release date to May 2. The leak came from eXtas1s, who had accurately revealed details on Hideo Kojima's Overdose.

"If there was any doubt, Redfall can now be 100% confirmed with a release date of May 2, 2023," eXtas1s tweeted after fellow insider Brad Sams posted a pair of cryptic tweets hinting at Arkane's upcoming game. The tweets from Sams have since been deleted, but they contained emoji that read "Red Fall Second May" before they were removed.

More official details on Redfall will be revealed at Microsoft's Developer Direct on January 25, a livestream event that will also focus on The Elder Scrolls Online, Forza Motorsport, and Minecraft Legends. As one of Microsoft's big AAA releases for Xbox and PC in 2023, a confirmed release date is expected--which Xbox Germany says will be revealed alongside a Forza Motorsport launch date--after Microsoft previously delayed the game out of 2022 and pledged that it would launch alongside Starfield in the first half of 2023.

The show will be streamed on Xbox and Bethesda's respective Twitch and YouTube channels and will present "big features" and "extended gameplay showcases" on these upcoming titles. While Starfield is missing from the list, that spacefaring game will get its own dedicated showcase that will provide a deep dive into Bethesda's ambitious new IP.

Frankly?

This may low-key be my most anticipated game of 2023 outside of Tears of the Kingdom.

If we're talking about non-Zelda content, then it has to be this game for me.

Iā€™m legitimately torn between buying Redfall or Zelda. I mean Iā€™m eventually getting both but I donā€™t which one I want to play first. Iā€™ll probably wait for more TotK info before I commit.

Iā€™m legitimately torn between buying Redfall or Zelda. I mean Iā€™m eventually getting both but I donā€™t which one I want to play first. Iā€™ll probably wait for more TotK info before I commit.
Iā€™m feeling the same way! Have a great feeling about Redfall despite not already (not yet?) being an Arkane Guy

I'm excited for Redfall but nothing will stop me from getting ToTK day one

This may be a Redfall thread, but:

Zelda all the way.

Yes, we all may want to support Redfall due to it being "under the radar" but playing, say, Redfall first will make you just rush through it just so you can get to Zelda next.

TotK is, like, my most anticipated game this year. There's no way I'm not getting that Day 1.

Redfall looks like it has potential, but if it wasn't on Gamepass I'm not sure I'd get it when it releases.

interestingly, this looks to be another Bethesda game getting a physical PC release. UPC "093155176096"
6533239_sd.jpg

i figured the Microsoft acquistion would have officially put a stop to this (with Deathloop and Ghostwire being hold-overs thanks to a decent chunk of their development happening before the sale was finalized) but it's still ongoing.

probably of not much interest to most people though, as it's merely just a Steam Key in a box.

Have a great feeling about Redfall despite not already (not yet?) being an Arkane Guy
Redfall looks like their most ambitious project yet and thatā€™s why Iā€™m so excited. Like Dishonored and Prey amped up tenfold. That you can play it co-op is the icing on the cake.

I'm excited for Redfall but nothing will stop me from getting ToTK day one
Yeah Iā€™m defaulting to my usual strategyā€” buy TotK day one because itā€™s never dropping from full price, play through it, then pick up Redfall once itā€™s gotten a discount

but playing, say, Redfall first will make you just rush through it just so you can get to Zelda next
Honestly wouldnā€™t be the case for me, Iā€™d play Redfall to the fullest and simply play TotK like three months later

But yeah picking up TotK first as part of my usual strat

Redfall looks like Forspoken in that a dev takes on a very competitive and tired genre by adding their slight spin on it and it's not enough to stand out from the established brands.

Looked around and saw alot of positive previews from what I am seeing. Sounds like its going to be a fun new experience while keeping the Arkane DNA. Can't wait to play this.

Great to hear it's seeming like a classic Arkane singleplayer experience if you choose to play it that way. Hopefully it's better than Deathloop though, which I was mixed on.

I genuinely want to believe it's going to be great. Dishonored and Prey were so damn good. There's no way Harvey Smith and Richardo Bare will make something bad. It seems to me that they really did some bad marketing a year ago, promoting it as a hip youngsters' coop game. Vampires' shenanigans, coastal cities vibes and immersive sim can't be bad. That release date is such a mess though. Bethesda just want them to suffer, apparently.

I'm not playing XBSX at the moment due to time constraints, but this sounds cool. I'll probably grab it down so it is ready to dip in and have a look.

Wish it was built around being a single player game. Also I don't know the exact details so correct me if I'm wrong but the villains being rich people who become vampires cause they're too greedy for money or whatever just sounds stupid. I'd rather they were just normal vampires.

Wish it was built around being a single player game. Also I don't know the exact details so correct me if I'm wrong but the villains being rich people who become vampires cause they're too greedy for money or whatever just sounds stupid. I'd rather they were just normal vampires.

The EZA video linked a few posts up said it felt great as a single player game. Previews were set up where no one could play coop because the devs wanted the players to get immersed and experience the single player.

Really excited for this one. Anything comparable to Borderlands is right up my ally, and hearing the gunplay is as good as it is sounds perfect. I've been needing a new FPS.

Really excited for this one. Anything comparable to Borderlands is right up my ally, and hearing the gunplay is as good as it is sounds perfect. I've been needing a new FPS.
Borderlands but better than Borderlands 3 is good in my book.

interestingly, this looks to be another Bethesda game getting a physical PC release. UPC "093155176096"
6533239_sd.jpg

i figured the Microsoft acquistion would have officially put a stop to this (with Deathloop and Ghostwire being hold-overs thanks to a decent chunk of their development happening before the sale was finalized) but it's still ongoing.

probably of not much interest to most people though, as it's merely just a Steam Key in a box.
This is good to see even if it is a code in box because this means Steam key will be cheaper sooner than later.

Will probably wait until I'm done with TOTK to play this but I really like most of Arkane's work so I'm excited

Listened to Brad preview this on Nextlander and it was sounding so gooood. Was a relief to hear all the reassurance that single player seems perfectly fine, too. The idea of a more involved loot-shooter far, far removed from the style and humour of Borderlands remains super appealing to me

Found this out late but apparently they are working on an offline mode and wanted online so they could collect data. So nice to hear but hope it doesnt take too long for people that like offline.

In regards to Totk vs Redfall, I will probaly play most of Redfall with friends and treat it as my multiplayer game. I tend to play 1-2 single player games plus 1-2 multiplayer games at a time. As long as I wrap up my current games and Totk and Redfall arnt too addicting
(although I couldnt put down Botw or Prey)
I should be fine managing both games.

Back
Top Bottom