• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Red Dead Redemption 2 has been rated for the Nintendo Switch In Brazil

I'm never going to understand why a Switch port of Red Dead Redemption 2 will come out before a GTAV port. The latter would be much easier to port.

I think also that the GTA3 Trilogy remaster has higher required minimum specs for the PC version than GTAV - and the GTA3 Trilogy remaster is on the Switch.

low-pol-768x432.png

had to post this

RDR2 is ridiculously well optimized for the PS4 and still runs at 20-25 FPS on the PS4 in towns.

This is going to be a catastrophe unless Rockstar's port studio is made of pure, literal magic.

I can see why they would do this... if it's released alongside, or as a precursor to, a Switch 2 version.

If it's just the OG that's getting it then why tho.

I feel natural that RDR2 is going to happen sometime in a Nintendo system.

If it gets ported to Switch, maybe there is hope for a (late) GTA6 port.

I'm never going to understand why a Switch port of Red Dead Redemption 2 will come out before a GTAV port. The latter would be much easier to port.

I think also that the GTA3 Trilogy remaster has higher required minimum specs for the PC version than GTAV - and the GTA3 Trilogy remaster is on the Switch.
Because Red Dead Redemption 2 is a very good game and GTAV is just fine.

They dont want to port GTAV if it's without online because they want to push people to the versions with online that make the most money.

Switch 2 launch title with a garbage switch 1 port. Think about it, we are for sure getting ps4/ ps5 ports on the next console, and rockstar probably wants to get a few extra bucks porting the game to switch 1

so
Oh please Rockstar just save this for the NG Switch, because this is going to turn out Mortal Kombat 1 kinds of terrible
sounds like a bad idea that would get a lot of bad publicity if it's that heavily cut down. which it would have to be...

Shit they got my attention now. I think Switch will go down as my top 2 platforms, and it's not #2(sorry PS2).

RDR games might have been requested specifically by Nintendo. I mean, Aonuma literally name dropped RDR as an inspiration for TotK. All other "name dropped games" have been released for Switch.
RDR2 is ridiculously well optimized for the PS4 and still runs at 20-25 FPS on the PS4 in towns.

This is going to be a catastrophe unless Rockstar's port studio is made of pure, literal magic.
This port has been in dev for more than 5 years. At this point this is NOT a port and devs build a completely separate game just for Switch. For the reason I stated above, Nintendo could have paid for this.

Ah, just like the Wii times...

So regarding Cloud versions, I dont know if we can say that they arent rated cause this exists:

https://www.esrb.org/ratings/38795/a-plague-tale-requiem/

Its the only one so far, even the first one is not rated. So idk how they do it.
Whoa, nice find. This means A Plague Tale: Requiem is either coming to Switch natively, or they ported the game to the point that it runs somewhat ok but still canned it.

Full title of the Could version of this game has the "cloud version" moniker. This rating is not for that.

Whoa, nice find. This means A Plague Tale: Requiem is either coming to Switch natively, or they ported the game to the point that it runs somewhat ok but still canned it.

Full title of the Could version of this game has the "cloud version" moniker. This rating is not for that.
Maybe a potential canned version for the suposse cancelled switch pro

Im very sure that the plague tales games will be coming as native ports for Switch 2 as a promotion for the upcoming 3rd game, and the same with control for the release of the sequel

Back
Top Bottom