• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Recommend music to anyone

merp

Darknut
Pronouns
He/him
If some asks for music recommendations, recommend it here.

Or recommend music on your own initiative to anyone that might like it.

I mean, I don't know, not sure what else to say.

On another note: I want more songs like this:

Basically, uplifting, badass, and kinda bonkers.

ooo I always wanted fami to have a indie music st. My contribution.....next time Dry Cleaning then Beach House

More classical:

And something completely different:

The music for Dynasty Warriors 3 sticks with me to this day.

Decolonize music!?

:eek:

(It's an interesting video; please watch.)

Thread tax:

As a Roots fan Black Thought is high up there as one of my favourite MC's. This team up? Glorious!

More people should listen to Spanish music. This one is for my fellow Spanish speaking brethren on Fami.

The new Bluetile Lounge song - only their second since 1998 - has straight up floored me.

Even though so much time has passed, so much remains the same. The focus is still narrow, but the sound is still grand, majestic.
The transitions from part to part are so well done. It's a beautiful, ethereal cascade of emotion.

I love them so much! Their debut record Haiku Hands is one of my favorite records ever. I think because of their rawness and honesty and 'no-fucks-given' - attitude, I love them so much

Does anyone know of any music like this (not in subject matter, but in beat, cadence, etc.)?

Larry Fast's "Synergy" project (1970s analog synthesizer music):

I found out about it from the "Cords" album, lent to my mother by a friend of hers (she's mostly into classical) - it came on this SICK looking clear vinyl (image courtesy of Discogs.com)!

ODEtNzMxNC5qcGVn.jpeg

I know it's not that hip, but if you walk down the street just put this on your headphones and you roll down the street like the coolest cat in town :cool:

I also found out about Rahsaan Roland Kirk who could play three saxophones at the same time and now I want to get every record he is on. Died WAY too young!

Last edited:
These are some pretty good Japanese rock tracks, the first is more noise-ish and the last is pretty indie

I'd like more music like this, please:

Anything with a good beat, really.

If you like rap/hip-hop, Lupe Fiasco came out with a new album and it's amazing. This is the title track, but the whole album is great.

Good band if you like some Grind with a humorous at times edge another good song of theirs

Ladies and gentleman, allow me to introduce you to this awesome instrumental hiphop album from Gasoline, a French dj and producer. It's relatively unknown and imo it's a DAMN shame, beccause even if you are not a big hiphop head, you can appreciate it for its foerward thinking production and turn table skills.

Recently gotten really into this artist. I'm a big fan of the recent trend of legitimately using heavy distortion and saturation on drums and synths in a pleasing way. It's like the deep-friend meme deconstructed and re-applied onto nice chords. It's fun and interesting.

Some songs have vocals, and it reminds me a bit of Lido.

Groovy stoner rock from Belgium - They definitely listened to their fair share of Kyuss and adding their own quirky touch makes it absolutely addicting.

China has some great hits but I can't remember any at this moment.

Recently gotten really into this artist. I'm a big fan of the recent trend of legitimately using heavy distortion and saturation on drums and synths in a pleasing way. It's like the deep-friend meme deconstructed and re-applied onto nice chords. It's fun and interesting.

Some songs have vocals, and it reminds me a bit of Lido.

Well this album was a good listen, thank you.

Ladies and gentleman, allow me to introduce you to this awesome instrumental hiphop album from Gasoline, a French dj and producer. It's relatively unknown and imo it's a DAMN shame, beccause even if you are not a big hiphop head, you can appreciate it for its foerward thinking production and turn table skills.

I'll guess I'll give it a listen.

¯\(ツ)

Back
Top Bottom