• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Puzzmo |ST| ☕️🛋🤔

big lantern ghost

cantstandya
Pronouns
he/him
LMuuEo0.png

WHAT IS PUZZMO?

I struggled to sum up Puzzmo better than its official copy did! So here it is:

“Puzzmo features a variety of games from Zach Gage — classics like SpellTower, a word game of opportunity creation, and Really Bad Chess, a sacrilegious take on chess that forgoes the traditional starting pieces, as well as brand new games like Flipart, a visual puzzle inspired by organizing a sock-drawer, and Cross|word, an approachable crossword designed to appeal to first time solvers and lifelong aficionados alike.”​

I have frankly become sort of obsessed with this over the past few days and thought I should throw up an ST to spread the good word!

THINGS TO KNOW
  • You can play (most of) Puzzmo for free! This includes the very cool Play Together option; you can add your pals to a friends list and play any of the games collaboratively.
  • Puzzmo Plus, a subscription tier that currently costs $40 USD a year, unlocks:
    • global leaderboards
    • extra puzzles each day (types vary — Big Flipart, Really Hard Chess, etc)
    • an additional “experimental” game in your daily rotation

HOW TO PLAY

Go to puzzmo.com! It works pretty well on PC or phone; an app is forthcoming. Additionally, Puzzmo has already been purchased by Hearst Publishing, who is rolling it out into its various newspaper subscriptions. If you have one of those, you might be hooked up in a place you already check daily!

Last edited:
oooh glad to have a puzzmo thread! I've been playing since the trial period and I like it a fair bit. I played Zach Gage's game Knotwords quite religiously for about a year and a half but dropped it shortly before Puzzmo came around so it's been nice to fill that space with some new stuff. the crosswords in particular are great but I wish they ran bigger ones sometimes!!

worth noting that the $40 annual subscription actually currently comes with access for your own account AND a gift sub to share, so I think it's a solid deal if you have someone to split it with (and the recently-revamped version of Wordbind is probably my second-favorite game after the crossword)

i’m just happy to be of service o7

i checked out that website and it’s kinda confusing. Puzzmo isn’t just one game?
It’s five different word puzzle games — six if you subscribe. Each one is a daily puzzle that everyone gets, like Wordle!

Pushmo -> Crashmo -> Pushmo World -> Stretchmo -> Puzzmo

For a second there I thought it might have been related to the Intelligent Systems puzzle series.

I'll give the games a look-see.

Last edited:
The Pushmo series of games were really good as well.
Not sure what the evolution of that would be on the next Switch, maybe a Captain Toad puzzle game

Ah yeah, good site. I at least do the crossword daily, though warning to anyone outside the US, it's a very US-centric crossword at times. Just keep that in mind.

Been steadily climbing those leaderboards, Jerry! Really Bad Chess is my weak spot by a wide margin. I am…really bad at it. Still very enjoyable though, and I’m getting a handle on it.

Thank you to @slide's for reminding me that I have a gift subscription for this to give away! If you love to puzz, send me a DM.

Play (almost) daily with my girlfriend to wind down. Light puzzling with rooibos tea is welcome this time of year

Spelltower is a favourite but we haven't subscribed yet to try Wordbind & others

We do get tripped up by US abbreviations in the crossword though

there’s a new experimental game starting today! it’s called “CubeClear” and it’s basically Spelltower on a smaller grid, with the goal of fully clearing it in as few words as possible rather than making high scoring words. kinda fun!

plus Wordbind and CubeClear are available to everyone regardless of subscription status for the next week. Wordbind rocks so check it out!!

Wordbind has become a fast fave since I subbed, absolutely. Cool they are opening it up to everyone next week!

I am now Very Middling at Very Bad Chess.

Back
Top Bottom