• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Rumour PS5 Pro Specs and Details Potentially Leaked – 60% Raster Uplift, 2x RT, September 2024 Reveal

Will you be picking up a ps5 pro?

• Yes

Votes: 15 11.3%
  • No

Votes: 89 66.9%
  • Not sure

Votes: 29 21.8%

• Total voters
I barely have a reason to upgrade our PS4, let alone pick up a PS5, let alone pick up a PS5 pro! I'll save my money to buy Criterion Collection Blu Rays and those "Rom Space Knight" comic omnibuses instead.

I dunno, Sony's actions as a whole have not been inspiring as of late and I don't think they're making games that would necessarily appeal to me. Anything I do want (Spider-Man, Last of Us, Uncharted, GoW), I feel if I've been patient this long, I can hold out a little more to get it on a PC that I already have

I'm still on the fence about a PS5 vs XSX once I do get a Switch 2, but even now I'm leaning more towards Xbox just for GamePass alone

What confused me about the need for a PS5Pro, the current PS5 line up is far from amazing still, yet here we are pushing graphics even further despite the current hardware barely having shown it's full potential.

I barely have a reason to upgrade our PS4, let alone pick up a PS5, let alone pick up a PS5 pro! I'll save my money to buy Criterion Collection Blu Rays and those "Rom Space Knight" comic omnibuses instead.
I wish Criterion's stuff was available in my region it seems so cool. Guess I have to buy a PS5 Pro instead...

I wish Criterion's stuff was available in my region it seems so cool. Guess I have to buy a PS5 Pro instead...

Phos and I gotta import all our Criterions, but sometimes we can find some second hand if we're lucky. Depends on where you are!

Could also use a VPN and subscribe to the Criterion Channel to just watch all their stuff. It's the best streaming service out there.

What confused me about the need for a PS5Pro, the current PS5 line up is far from amazing still, yet here we are pushing graphics even further despite the current hardware barely having shown it's full potential.
The entire Sony pursuit is graphics, that's it, we're going to have a remaster of The Last of Us 2.....which released in 2020.....
They're going to use the "we have to have the latest best thing in the market" card to maximum effect it seems.

The entire Sony pursuit is graphics, that's it, we're going to have a remaster of The Last of Us 2.....which released in 2020.....
They're going to use the "we have to have the latest best thing in the market" card to maximum effect it seems.
I really hope the graphics race dies down. We have more important things to address in game development:
• Long dev times
• Costs
• Bloated software sizes

Avatar goes almost as low as 720p in 60fps mode. There are people who would pay premium to have improved resolution at 60fps

I can’t believe it is Damn near 2024 and we know more about the ps5 pro then switch 2. I could never have predicted this timeline.
It honestly doesn't surprise me. We knew about the Slims, and now about the Pro. If the PS6 is coming in 2028, we'd have PS6 leaks and nothing about a potential Switch 2 Pro or OLED or whatever mid gen refresh they do

I'm most curious about the price and size, so the reveal will definitely have my attention. I'll likely stick with my plan of getting a PS5 slim (or ideally, a super slim if one existed), as I expect both the price and size to be bigger than I'd like.

A number of AAA current gen games are hitting fairly low resolutions, especially in their performance modes, so I figure there are players who would like those resolutions to be higher. A better GPU plus better ray-tracing capabilities seem like they'd go a long way to enable higher resolutions, but we'll have to see if developers ultimately just prioritize graphical effects instead. In any case, since a Pro model is not for the majority of players, I expect most players won't care.

A number of AAA current gen games are hitting fairly low resolutions, especially in their performance modes, so I figure there are players who would like those resolutions to be higher. A better GPU plus better ray-tracing capabilities seem like they'd go a long way to enable higher resolutions, but we'll have to see if developers ultimately just prioritize graphical effects instead. In any case, since a Pro model is not for the majority of players, I expect most players won't care.
so far it looks like there is an uptake on RTGI. Snowdrop just had their major showing, as had UE5. it's a wait and see for other major engines like Anvil and Frostbite (they already shown off RTGI demonstrations in the past).

a lot of these games are going low for their performance mode resolutions, so graphical fidelity seems to be prioritized

how the hell are they supposed to get 2x RT when rasterization is only 50-60% increased anyway? BVH traversal doesn't bring that big an uplift over RDNA2 vs Ampere
RT capabilities of PS5 (and XBox) with their AMD chips are very bad compared to what Nvidia offers, that's why the joke is going around that Switch2 could have better RT. So 2xPS5 better RT is probably still not good.

RT capabilities of PS5 (and XBox) with their AMD chips are very bad compared to what Nvidia offers, that's why the joke is going around that Switch2 could have better RT. So 2xPS5 better RT is probably still not good.
I know all that, but we don't actually see any ratio of raster performance increase and rt performance increase like what's noted here. Simply adding hardware bvh traversal doesn't give you 2x improvement alone, you have to couple it with compute core improvements, which should net you more than a 50-60% increase.

Unless I'm missing something here

Back
Top Bottom