• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Professor Layton and The New World of Steam announced for Nintendo Switch (UPDATE: new gameplay trailer, coming in 2025)

I'm wondering who is even publishing/localizing these games? Level 5 abbey is gone so they can't do it in house. I assumed Nintendo was doing it but decapolice is on playstation so that's a no.

Quoted by: N75
Always was curious about the series. Earlier last year I was in a ds/3ds buying spree and the layton games are always pretty cheap, I've seen them at 20$ sometimes.

I'm wondering who is even publishing/localizing these games? Level 5 abbey is gone so they can't do it in house. I assumed Nintendo was doing it but decapolice is on playstation so that's a no.
Level-5 is publishing all three.

...Then why wouldn't you want them to remaster literally anything else? You'd rather just replay the same game you've already played instead of trying something new? Bizarre take
I'd rather they remaster the one I know I like yeah, they can do the others after that. Especially since I've heard the newer Layton games weren't very good anyway.

I'd rather they remaster the one I know I like yeah, they can do the others after that. Especially since I've heard the newer Layton games weren't very good anyway.
Yeah, but the third is the best in the series by far

Edit: Wait, you're a hardcore contrarian. You might hate Unwound Future. Forget I said anything.

Edit 2: Now, that's not fair. Consensus is overrated. Let people like things. Go ahead and play Curious Village again. That's fine.

Not really. Most people find the third to be the best, and I personally think it's the fifth (or the Ace Attorney crossover). But if you're not even a fan of the series, I'm not sure why you would come into a thread about a new entry in a franchise that hasn't had a mainline game in almost a decade to say this kind of stuff. Let us have this, Curious Village is still on DS if you're really itching that bad for a replay.

Plus asking for a remaster of a game you already played based on riddles and static puzzles is the dumbest thing. A large part of the joy is in solving the puzzles, which you've already done. And yes, even if it was a long time ago, if you played Curious Village again you'd be surprised how much of it your brain would recall as it came up.

Yeah, but the third is the best in the series by far

Edit: Wait, you're a hardcore contrarian. You might hate Unwound Future. Forget I said anything.

Edit 2: Now, that's not fair. Consensus is overrated. Let people like things. Go ahead and play Curious Village again. That's fine.
I don't feel like I'm a hardcore contrarian lol.
I'm probably just going to play the ios ports anyway now that I know about them so I'll try the other games out at some point.
Not really. Most people find the third to be the best, and I personally think it's the fifth (or the Ace Attorney crossover). But if you're not even a fan of the series, I'm not sure why you would come into a thread about a new entry in a franchise that hasn't had a mainline game in almost a decade to say this kind of stuff. Let us have this, Curious Village is still on DS if you're really itching that bad for a replay.
To be fair, at the time I didn't know it had been so long for a new mainline game. I thought it had only been a few year for some reason. But yeah still, what you say is fair, I'm happy for the people looking forward to this. Hopefully if I do get round to playing the other games I can be excited for it as well in the future.

I actually think this has a chance to be a more ambitious than a lot of people think. Of course this is not a real gameplay or anything but there is a possibility that it's a 3D game (only when moving of course and some other parts) puzzles will still have the same feel as previously. The fact that there is no 3DS or no mobile whatsoever makes me think they will do it.

Setting my expectations fairly low, only expecting a few pieces of key art and a far off release window at most.

Would be cool to see them address how the series will function on consoles though.

That Megaton Musashi seems to be a new game. Fingers crossed for a paid console game instead of mobile!

It looks so beautiful!

Do we have any information about Quizknock? Really curious about them in terms of puzzles.

I have a feeling that we will see more of it in the September Direct and they will then show it at TGS.

I don't know QuizKnock personally but at least they seem to have picked a pretty solid option for the puzzle design, the effort seems to be there.

Yeah idk the people, but the fact they consider who the puzzle designer is to be important enough information to put it in the trailer is a promising sign for where their priorities are.

Remember when Hino said that Azran Legacy is the last game that will star Professor and Luke? Old times.

i find it particularly interesting that Luke's Japanese VO was changed (from Maki Horikita to Mio Imada.), apparently his old VO retired back in 2017?

it doesn't seem like there's an english dub, but that would open up another unique issue. As Luke also had two seperate english VOs depending on region. (Lani Minella in the US, and Maria Darling in the UK.)

The game takes places after Unwound Future, the original trilogy is ported on mobile. I don't get it why it's still not ported. It's just a free money and could people hold over until this releases in 2024. It especially makes sense since it's one year after Unwound Future.

Confirms that Nagano and Nishiura are back as the character designer and composer, respectively. Also a bit about Quizknock.

Well I did not have ‘ghost air conditioners’ down on my bingo board for the antagonists of Layton’s new adventure :D

Sounds great, I love that there’s been a lot of thought and heart go into the puzzles, it’s the core of the game, the production values can only carry it so far.

I find it so funny and random that Quizknock is a group focused on creating puzzles that looks like a boyband lol Seems an oddly specific business.

I find it so funny and random that Quizknock is a group focused on creating puzzles that looks like a boyband lol Seems an oddly specific business.
eh. I watch a lot of science channel and a lot of those scientists are fucking pretty.

having looks to go along with their intelligence really helps a lot with their popularity

Looks really, really pretty. But damn, 2025... That's some good time there. Nothing that will kill us though, we've been longer without zero news about any game at all.

given it's a 2025 Switch game, I think maybe it's a good idea for them to ensure it's cross-gen. We wouldn't want any middling sales, would we?

given it's a 2025 Switch game, I think maybe it's a good idea for them to ensure it's cross-gen. We wouldn't want any middling sales, would we?
Yeah. It’ll definitely be crossgen. Wonder how different the performance will be, and if there’ll be bonuses

Back
Top Bottom