• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Predictions Princess Peach: Showtime! - Review Prediction Thread

Predict the MC/OC score for Princess Peach: Showtime!

• 90+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 86-90

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • 81-85

Votes: 31 13.2%
  • 76-80

Votes: 90 38.5%
  • 71-75

Votes: 93 39.7%
  • 66-70

Votes: 14 6.0%
  • 65 or less

Votes: 2 0.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ronin, no question. It appeals to reviewers way more
Itโ€™s funny, I donโ€™t think rise of the ronin looks interesting at all, same with ghosts of Tsushima. Gonna be honest, historical Japan as a setting just does nothing for me. Iโ€™m way more interested in peach even though it will probably be the lower reviewed and shallower experience

Just played the demo, and this thing's got charm pouring out of every pore. I think the young ones are going to eat this up. Honestly, it seems like such a fun little game that I wish it had been made for me, or at least for everyone, as it happens with Mario games. I still might buy it anyway.

As for reviews, I'm going for the 76-80 range.

76. I feel like people aren't going to review it with it's intended audience in mind and they're going to slander it for calling it too easy or too simple.

alone in the dark is coming out this week.

Which will review better, Peach or Alone in the dark?

I think both will get mid 70s.

I don't care what it scores or sells, this is a colourful and creative first party game that will save us from the AAA nonsense others are doing. Support it for that.

I think and I hope they were able to optimize the final game a bit compared to the demo, because some technical weaknesses, if they remained like that, would logically have a negative impact on the reception of the game.
How much did Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity improve from the demo to the final game? Because the demo is just so heavy on low frame rates and pop in that it feels like they dropped a pre-alpha of the game tbh.

And that one got a 78.

I don't feel like it has any chance of being below 70 since that's super, super rare for Nintendo games.

And I also can't see it being below 75 because that'd put it next to Scarlet and Violet that was just a mess upon release.

It has some dips but it's been well polished, the visuals are honestly top-notch and I think not giving some points up because of the graphics would be very... Weird from the reviewers since they praised stuff like Luigi's Mansion 3 and were really harsh on stuff like Bayonetta 3.

How much did Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity improve from the demo to the final game? Because the demo is just so heavy on low frame rates and pop in that it feels like they dropped a pre-alpha of the game tbh.

And that one got a 78.

I don't feel like it has any chance of being below 70 since that's super, super rare for Nintendo games.

And I also can't see it being below 75 because that'd put it next to Scarlet and Violet that was just a mess upon release.

It has some dips but it's been well polished, the visuals are honestly top-notch and I think not giving some points up because of the graphics would be very... Weird from the reviewers since they praised stuff like Luigi's Mansion 3 and were really harsh on stuff like Bayonetta 3.
I think that by their demanding nature, there's a certain logic to being relatively indulgent with games like Hyrule Warriors AoC or Bayonetta 3, even if criticisms have been logically levelled at them all the same. On the other hand, a Good Feel game that doesn't look like a demanding monster, even if it's clearly very pretty, bothers me more, but that's a personal opinion.

I can't recall a Good Feel game that wasn't impeccable from start to finish from a technical point of view, so I must admit that the demo surprised me a little unpleasantly.

Famitsu have given it 33/40

Although their scores can be a little inconsistent, thatโ€™s 1 point lower than Metroid Dread!

โ€ฆ but also only 1 point more than AC Amiibo Festival

My guess is somewhere in the low 70s unless there's much more to the game that we haven't seen yet (which I find unlikely but gotta cover all bases).

I'm gonna say a solid 70. Will be pleasantly surprised if it scores higher and I'll be playing it no matter what.

Famitsu have given it 33/40

Although their scores can be a little inconsistent, thatโ€™s 1 point lower than Metroid Dread!

โ€ฆ but also only 1 point more than AC Amiibo Festival
Famitsu scores are memes but that is admittedly a bit higher than I expected.

I'm gonna say mid-70s! Unfortunately I am not a reviewer and my personal score of eleventy point seven hundred will not be counted

Unpopular maybe? Wooly world is decent but worse than island ds (Remember that game?).

Anyway I was predicting 73 to 84 originally, but after playing the demo and looking at the general consensus 69 to 76 seems like a safer bet. A lot of the optimism and excitement has waned. I wansnt expecting the game to feel kind of bad. I just don't vibe with gamefeel of the demo, not because it's simple, but because it feels off and unsatisfying.
Maybe the other modes will be better.

Unpopular maybe? Wooly world is decent but worse than island ds (Remember that game?).

Anyway I was predicting 73 to 84 originally, but after playing the demo and looking at the general consensus 69 to 76 seems like a safer bet. A lot of the optimism and excitement has waned. I wansnt expecting the game to feel kind of bad. I just don't vibe with gamefeel of the demo, not because it's simple, but because it feels off and unsatisfying.
Maybe the other modes will be better.
It's because it's the first Nintendo game in history IIRC to feature contextual automatic actions.
They've never made a game this easy.
It's just going to be like a themepark experience.

It's because it's the first Nintendo game in history IIRC to feature contextual automatic actions.
They've never made a game this easy.
It's just going to be like a themepark experience.

tbh I haven't actually played the demo so I shouldn't be dunking and I don't really know what "automatic" means, but thinking of specifically "contextual actions" being a core, un-Nintendo issue made me do a double take when the A button did all this in Ocarina of Time lol

4PP1dTdm.png

VOrak77m.png

VIhGdBEm.png

qY4OJUYm.png

UkTIbKKm.png

ua6n4eSm.png

ZedN5dsm.png

iWojrXRm.png

9uLR3djm.png

x6JteY1m.png

Last edited:
Yeah I've played plenty of games where a lot of actions are contextual or automatic that felt better than the peach demo. Its feels off in a unique way beyond that. To me anyway. Like someone watched all the game design 101 videos from Sakurai's channel but just couldn't implement a lot of it all that well. Game feel is very subjective though.

I don't necessarily mind the peach game being a theme park ride or somewhat automatic in and of itself. I'm just wondering what the strength of the game would be. Its also entirely fine if the game is just not designed for me.

tbh I haven't actually played the demo so I shouldn't be dunking and I don't really know what "automatic" means, but thinking of specifically "contextual actions" being a core, un-Nintendo issue made me do a double take when the A button did all this in Ocarina of Time lol

4PP1dTdm.png

VOrak77m.png

VIhGdBEm.png

qY4OJUYm.png

UkTIbKKm.png

ua6n4eSm.png

ZedN5dsm.png

iWojrXRm.png

9uLR3djm.png

x6JteY1m.png

I mean that it automatically does the correct thing even in combat.
Like the action button is both slice and also dodge. and if you need to dodge at that moment, it will dodge.
You can also mash the button endlessly and produce the results.
Beyond that the window for dodge etc is extremely long.

For the cake segments, you only need to be somewhat within the range. Zero precision is needed for anything.
It reduces any sense that you have full agency in the game. It semi-plays itself.

Nothing like Zelda.

The game is like actually made for beginners. Even more so than their usual games like Kirby's Epic Yarn and Yoshi's Wooly World

Last edited:
I mean that it automatically does the correct thing even in combat.
Like the action button is both slice and also dodge. and if you need to dodge at that moment, it will dodge.
You can also mash the button endlessly and produce the results.
Beyond that the window for dodge etc is extremely long.

For the cake segments, you only need to be somewhat within the range. Zero precision is needed for anything.
It reduces any sense that you have full agency in the game. It semi-plays itself.

Nothing like Zelda.

Fair enough, knee-jerk response. Can't wait until we're over the event horizon and can actually get into it with confidence ๐Ÿ˜…

Fair enough, knee-jerk response. Can't wait until we're over the event horizon and can actually get into it with confidence ๐Ÿ˜…
You're good. Contextual was a vague word choice on my part and didn't highlight what the actual issue is.
Zelda for sure has contextual actions.

Yeah, I mean idk 100% for sure how this will play out through to the end.
Just basing it off of some clear design choices they made with the mechanics.
I'd be worried if the game was only like 8 hours long or something too.
It's whatever. Just a few days left till we find out for sure!

I think people have to accept that the Peach game seems to be made for children, especially little girls. So adults probably are not the target audience at all for this game, except to get them to buy the game for their daughters.

I think people have to accept that the Peach game seems to be made for children, especially little girls. So adults probably are not the target audience at all for this game, except to get them to buy the game for their daughters.
Yeah, my nieces, especially my younger niece, would probably really enjoy it.

70s, gets dinged for really simple gameplay. SMBW and Kirby and the Forgotten Land both feel like they can be enjoyed by all ages, but this feels specifically geared towards children.

75. Think the game will lose points for being too simple, but I'm sure it'll do fine with the target audience and I found it charming enough, if not exactly spectacular.

Probably low 70s. I donโ€™t know. Doesnโ€™t really seem like the kind of game all that concerned with review scores.

Will it beat the last Peach game

75 is a good target. Could go either way

Yoshi's Woolly World - 78 MC
damn. reviewers donโ€™t know shit about the best Yoshi game since the SNES, huhโ€ฆ

75 is a good target. Could go either way

I'll take the under, but I think it still gets >70.

wellplayed gave it 8.5 - review been taken down

If it hits 78+ that'll be a very good score

Maybe but I'd prefer something like SPP. It was a good platformer. This one doesn't feel like a platformer at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom