• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • General system instability
    🚧 We apologise for the recent server issues. The site may be unavaliable while we investigate the problem. 🚧

Discussion Princess Peach Showtime demo available now

It's a cute game. I can't help but be reminded of Puppeteer on PS3. (GOD I loved that game, rip Japan Studio) Anyway, I wasn't sold on this but it seems like a perfectly good game for kids. It seems that Nintendo is marketing this more for children rather than for everyone. Graphics are nice and performance is relatively solid during gameplay, but the frame rate dips in the 20s during the cutscenes and transformation sequences. But overall, it's cute and I think it's a good gift idea if you have a child or kid niece/nephew.

The baking minigame kicked my butt a bit

Overall the presentation and style is charming, but my main hangup is how slow Peach moves. I wish she moved like 30-40% faster. I was gonna get this with a voucher but now I'm not sure.

The demo is very easy but it plays satisfyingly and the presentation is delightful. I don't expect later levels to get a whole lot more complicated with how simple the controls are, but it seems like it'll be endearing with enough fun set pieces to make for a fun romp. It took me another couple tries to perfectly clear the second level though.

Demo was meh, charming in some areas but the game feels choppy, easy and slow. Definitely big Crafted World vibes (not in a good way), sucks because Good-feel did a great job with Wario Land Shake It and Woolly World which both have great art styles and aesthetics while Princess Peach feels somewhat generic.

Played the demo, still not really sold on this one. It feels like one of those games where it's got some good ideas but the execution just isn't quite there for me

Definitely gonna echo the folks saying it feels too slow. I think if the running around were just a little snappier, that'd go a long way

This game is on the same level as like the (recent) Yoshi games. (Good Feel) It's slow paced and simple and very cute. Very young children can get through it.

Finished the demo. It’s fine. Presentation is great but gameplay is so basic it makes most Kirby games look deep. Not dropping $60 on this anything soon despite loving the theatre setting. But I don’t think I’m the demographic for this game so that’s fine.

It’s not bad! I like the presentation. Voice clips when Peach jumps sounds surprisingly compressed/low quality. Swordfighter gameplay is pretty good, kinda wish they just made the whole game with just that form.

Performance is a solid 30, but I’m bit surprised since I’m pretty sure the June Direct last year showed it running at 60 and it looked a lot better that way.

Edit: I just played the baker stage and I’ve seen the light. Can see my kid niece having a blast with this game.

Last edited:
I am whelmed. This has the bones of Luigi’s Mansion 3, but is so much more simple and slow. Def not for me, but I can see where younger kids, specifically girls (not perpetuating any gender biases here, just saying from personal experience) my niece who is 7 would love this.

It’s not bad! I like the presentation. Voice clips when Peach jumps sounds surprisingly compressed/low quality. Swordfighter gameplay is pretty good, kinda wish they just made the whole game with just that form.

Performance is a solid 30, but I’m bit surprised since I’m pretty sure the June Direct last year showed it running at 60 and it looked a lot better that way.
It never ran at 60fps.

Just got demo downloaded to my Switch via my laptop, but from the sounds of it, this title probably isn't going to carry Switch for the 2024 year.

Which is a shame. Kind of curious what's going to be revealed at the next Nintendo Direct (mini or general)

I'm suprised at the negativity here compared to impression elsewhere to be honest. People on twitter seem to like it from what I have seen

It's fun, and I don't really got anything else lined up for late March game wise, so I'll probably buy it...it's just $60 is steep man. I wish it was $50, but maybe that's greedy on my end.

It's fun, and I don't really got anything else lined up for late March game wise, so I'll probably buy it...it's just $60 is steep man. I wish it was $50, but maybe that's greedy on my end.
You could always go the voucher route if there's something else you've had your eye on. That's sorta like getting 2 games for $50 each?

This is one of those Nintendo games that is actually, specifically made for kids. Pass, but I hope people enjoy it.

I’m surprised I enjoyed it as much as I did! Part Luigi’s mansion part paper Mario and part Kirby, of course made simpler.

I feel like saying this is only for kids is saying Kirby is only for kids. Yeah, the game will probably be simple and relatively easy throughout, but I don't think they are only targeting kids with this. It's a little slow, but the demo was still fun for me, way more than Yoshi's Crafted World tbh (god, what a disappointment that was). I will get it for sure, but I hope the performance during the cut scenes will be better in the final game.

Is the demo the start of the game and save data carries over? Or is it a random sampling of levels?

The baking minigame kicked my butt a bit

Overall the presentation and style is charming, but my main hangup is how slow Peach moves. I wish she moved like 30-40% faster. I was gonna get this with a voucher but now I'm not sure.
You'll have to wait for the Switch 2 release of "Princess Peach Showtime + Grape's Wrath" for that.

love the '40s style jazz that plays when you are first in the lobby before Grape shows up

otherwise... the game is really cute. that's it really. that's the tweet.

tho personally, I wasn't able to get all the sparkle token thingies from playing thru the demo, so they aren't all super obvious

or maybe I'm just bad at games? idk go play the damn demo and figure it out for yourself lol

Back
Top Bottom