• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid |ST| A Super Squadron of Rangers Throughout the Years

What series do you hope gets a rep next?

• RPM

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • In Space

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Lightspeed Rescue

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Turbo

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Wild Force

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ninja Storm

• Dino Thunder

• Operation Overdrive

• Ninja Steel

• Beast Morphers

• Dino Fury

• Total voters

Mandos

Pikmin
Pronouns
He/Him
PT4ZOps.png

General Details:
Official Site: https://battleforthegrid.com/
Platforms: Nintendo Switch/Xbox One, Series X/PS4/PC
Publisher: Nway
Pricing:
Standard Edition: $20
Collectors Edition: $30, includes Season 1, Drakken Evo 2 and MMPR Pink costume for ranger slayer
Super edition: $50 includes Seasons 1-3, SF Pack, Drakken Evo 2, MMPR Pink, and MMPR Green Evo 2 costumes
Xbox One, Switch and PC have Cross Play, and Cross Progression for costumes and characters
Gameplay:
Power Rangers: Battle For The Grid is a Marvel Vs Capcom 2/3 style fighting game with easy to learn hard to master frantic 3 Versus 3 gameplay.
Game Modes:
  1. Ranked
    1. Online fighting with seasons and qualifying matches
  2. Casual
    1. Online play without league points
  3. Arcade
    1. Set of Seven matches and a final boss, lineup varies between characters and there may be a reward for clearing multiple(?). Also certain battles have arcade style caption statements between characters. Later ones are essentially post story campaigns
  4. Versus
    1. Battle your friends or the computer
  5. Story
  6. Training
  7. Tutorial
Buttons are also fully customizable.

Gameplay takes a lot from MVC with its own twist, light, medium, heavy and special attack buttons, extremely friendly and easy to learn but also supports advanced techniques like a wavedash button.
Ultra assists: was originally purely a comeback, got rebalanced into a 3 bar assist that builds up but can be used earlier for a shorter time
  • Dino Megazord
  • Dragonzord
  • Mega Goldar
  • Delta Squad MegaZord(spd)
  • Samurai Megazord
  • Gravezord

Roster
oXNn0pU.png

For those not familiar
Base Game: visit the website for full bios
  1. MMPR Red
  2. MMPR Green
  3. MMPR Yellow Dragon Armor
  4. Goldar
  5. Ranger Slayer(MMPR Pink)
  6. Drakken
  7. Mastadon Sentry
  8. Cenozoic Blue
  9. Katt Manx(SPD)
  10. Megaforce Yellow
  11. Magna Defender(Lost Galaxy)
  12. Udonna(Mystic Force white)
DLC: (all contain a costume for a precious character as well, except SF which includes 2 costumes for the included character)
Season Pass 1:
  1. Zeo Gold(Trey)
  2. Time Force Pink
  3. Lord Zedd
Pass 2:
  1. Dai Shi
  2. Quantum Ranger(Timeforce)
  3. Shadow Ranger(SPD, Doggie Krueger)
Pass 3
  1. Jungle Fury Purple
  2. Lauren Shiba(Super Samurai Red 2)
  3. Scorpina
Street Fighter Pass
  1. Ryu Ranger
  2. Chun Lee Ranger
Pass 4
  1. Poisandra(Dino charged)
  2. Ninja Adam
  3. Rita Repulsa(not yet released)
More DLC has been teased. Devs want to support the game as long as people are buying and they have the license.
OVerall its just a really and fun VS style fighting game and continues to get better. It's solid on all Platforms as well

If anyone wants to do tip/moveset breakdowns I'd be happy to threadmark them. I enjoy fighting games but I absolutely suck at them sadly. If some stuff pops up thats needed I'd be happy to make a FAQ.

Last edited:
The Wiki and official Discord are pretty useful for getting into the game. It includes tips and moveset breakdowns.

Also recommend using Twitter to find tech via hashtags (https://wiki.gbl.gg/w/Power_Rangers:_Battle_for_the_Grid/FAQ#How_do_I_find_tech_on_Twitter.3F)

I still hope they get weird (they won't) and go outside of the PR bounds by using someone in a Dairanger suit that isn't Tommy.

I played through the campaign on GamePass a while back and had fun. Glad to see this game getting constant support and love from the community.

I hope this leads to more quality Power Ranger games in general. With the comics and the new Netflix deal, it seems like a great time to push the franchise. Hell, I'd even settle for a Musou game

I played through the campaign on GamePass a while back and had fun. Glad to see this game getting constant support and love from the community.

I hope this leads to more quality Power Ranger games in general. With the comics and the new Netflix deal, it seems like a great time to push the franchise. Hell, I'd even settle for a Musou game
That’d be a super Sentai game tho. Challenge of being a western adaption of a Japanese series

That’d be a super Sentai game tho. Challenge of being a western adaption of a Japanese series

Yeah I suppose the international differences could complicate things. But they just announced that Power Rangers is getting an expanded universe on Netflix, so they're definitely trying to grow the franchise. If the fighting game worked out, I'm sure they could make more games happen in the west.

Thanks for the awesome StarTopic, @Mandos ! I picked up the Super Edition during a sale, and have it waiting for me for Christmas!
I have the original physical release of the vanilla game, but going to give that one to a friend.

Thanks for the awesome StarTopic, @Mandos ! I picked up the Super Edition during a sale, and have it waiting for me for Christmas!
I have the original physical release of the vanilla game, but going to give that one to a friend.
No prob… I still need to get the SF and sP4 myself but it depends on if anything I want more goes on sale this week XD

Phil, just wanted to say it's nice to see you here. I've been active/lurked in multiple Nintendo forums over the years and I always recognize your name. Makes this new site feel legit lol

Phil, just wanted to say it's nice to see you here. I've been active/lurked in multiple Nintendo forums over the years and I always recognize your name. Makes this new site feel legit lol

Oh my goodness, thank you! I'm not understating things when I say your comment has made my day and warmed my heart. <3
Hoping my name is recognized for good reasons, though, as I could be a real jerk a decade ago on some places! I'd like to think I've since mellowed at least a little. lol :)

Oh my goodness, thank you! I'm not understating things when I say your comment has made my day and warmed my heart. <3
Hoping my name is recognized for good reasons, though, as I could be a real jerk a decade ago on some places! I'd like to think I've since mellowed at least a little. lol :)
Hahaha, maybe I missed some of your more heated posts. Nintendo can be serious business ;)

Hahaha, maybe I missed some of your more heated posts. Nintendo can be serious business ;)

Oop! Forget I said anything then! Haha Just kidding, like I said, that was a looong time ago. :)

===

Ooh, and to be back on topic, I hope we see Ecliptor as a playable character! I've always loved the design, despite never watching the In Space.
That was after I jumped off the series. I voted Turbo and In Space! :D

Oop! Forget I said anything then! Haha Just kidding, like I said, that was a looong time ago. :)

===

Ooh, and to be back on topic, I hope we see Ecliptor as a playable character! I've always loved the design, despite never watching the In Space.
That was after I jumped off the series. I voted Turbo and In Space! :D
They’ve been teasing RPM since the first update, give me Ziggy already! Lightspeed Titanium the first American original ranger would be great too. Give me some axes!

I know Boom!Comics originals aren't going to be everybody's cup of tea (especially since we still got SO many picks from other seasons to pick from).

...But I don't care! I definitely still want the likes of Dayne and/or Yale to show up, if at all possible.
Yeah I suppose the international differences could complicate things. But they just announced that Power Rangers is getting an expanded universe on Netflix, so they're definitely trying to grow the franchise. If the fighting game worked out, I'm sure they could make more games happen in the west.
This is what I'm hoping as well.

Like once upon a time, Hasbro went IN when it came to Transformers games on consoles, and both Raven Studios and Platinumgames' offerings were some very good fun. Imagine if they had that same energy for both TFs and PRs alike on modern hardware?

I know Boom!Comics originals aren't going to be everybody's cup of tea (especially since we still got SO many picks from other seasons to pick from).

...But I don't care! I definitely still want the likes of Dayne and/or Yale to show up, if at all possible.

This is what I'm hoping as well.

Like once upon a time, Hasbro went IN when it came to Transformers games on consoles, and both Raven Studios and Platinumgames' offerings were some very good fun. Imagine if they had that same energy for both TFs and PRs alike on modern hardware?
Technically not an original but a cut that got fulfilled by it but I want Dark Ranger! He was robbed

Heads up, Season pass 1-3 and PR pack are all half off. The bundle and core game versions are as well. On switch at least, not sure on other platforms

d7767d138de773370e1aa3bf719b229b0590f621d916f9b779ca14ba80ad64a9.jpg

Just so nobody misses this, the Season 4 pass is on sale for the first time (35% off) for a couple more days (ends May 3rd):

finally bit the bullet and grabbed it. watch them announce another retail SKU that includes it TOMORROW -.- (which I was holding out for on the off chance...)

I really want to get into this game. I own it... is it worth my time?
Do you like the VS series? Imagine that but with the combos being easy to execute and the ability to assign advanced techniques like wavedashing to buttons.

Do you like the VS series? Imagine that but with the combos being easy to execute and the ability to assign advanced techniques like wavedashing to buttons.
I loved MVC2 when I played a ton of it in high school

but as an old man now I don't like complicated combo inputs

and I do love PR/tokusatsu

I'm not the biggest Power Rangers guy but I've heard good things about this game and the physical version of the Super Edition is currently just $20 on Amazon, so I picked it up on Switch. It arrived today and I've been messing around with it a little bit. The original Black Ranger was my favorite from the MMPR era so I'm disappointed that he's represented by a generic soldier minion, but the game is pretty fun!

I loved MVC2 when I played a ton of it in high school

but as an old man now I don't like complicated combo inputs

and I do love PR/tokusatsu
They put advanced combos moves that would be the hadoken and shoryuken equivalents on a smash style single button plus direction. There are normal light medium and heavy attacks that combine with simple movements too. Zords are assists triggered by a 2 button press to activate the time period then normal face presses. It’s a game that lowers the execution window of the combos to where it focuses on timing them over making you work for them. Super easy to learn, no CQM here.

They put advanced combos moves that would be the hadoken and shoryuken equivalents on a smash style single button plus direction. There are normal light medium and heavy attacks that combine with simple movements too. Zords are assists triggered by a 2 button press to activate the time period then normal face presses. It’s a game that lowers the execution window of the combos to where it focuses on timing them over making you work for them. Super easy to learn, no CQM here.
What you’re saying is that I should absolutely play it

What you’re saying is that I should absolutely play it
Yes especially if you like Toku. Make sure you have all the dlc characters too. Also arcade mode is basically mini stories for the post story added characters

Back
Top Bottom