• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Post one sentence game reviews with an Emoji

Tailzo

Paratroopa
Guardian Heroes (Sega Saturn / Xbox 360)
Fun 2d beat em up with rpg mechanics that is highly replayable. ❤️

Balan Wonderworld (PS5)
Too simple 3d platformer with creative worlds, and fun to be had if you look past jank. 🤔

Super Mario Galaxy (Wii/Switch)
Amazingly paced 3D platformer with excellent music, art, and probably the most creative level design in a 3D platformer. 🤮

I'll do two positive, two mid, and two negative reviews.

Cuphead

A brilliant, shining example of "all killer, no filler". 😍

Hades

I couldn't stop playing. ☺️

Hollow Knight

Bloated. 😬

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

It's a video game, I'll say that much. 🙂

Dark Void

Long ago, Capcom and Airtight Games tricked me into buying this yucky poop game by featuring its only good level in the demo. 🤢

Adam's Venture: Origins

Ok, just hand me the puke bucket for this one. 🤮

Suikoden (PS1]
Good short jrpg with 108 recruitable characters with thrilling battles, duels and war battles. 🙂

Seaman (DC)

Crazy game where you talk to an ugly fish. 🤪

Bug! (Sega Saturn)
A frustrating and failed attempt at an early 3d platformer 😰

Shining Force II (Sega Mega Drive)
Sublime SRPG with great art, nice battles and no permadeath 🤩

Kirby Return to Dreamland Deluxe
Great game, but after playing Forgotten Land, this one feels a bit... inferior. :(

Diablo 2: Ressurected
It's a really well done remaster, and i love that you can change between the old graphics and new graphics on the fly but besides that and the nostalgia there is not much for me. 😅

Sonic Frontiers (PS5)
Open world adventure with light buzzles and cool bosses will delight fans of the genre. 🔥

Coffe talk (Xbox)
Nice vusual novel where you are a bartender and listen to your customers as the story unfolds ☕

Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope

Wonderfully scored tactics game with too many incohesive Rabbids elements, and too little Mario. 🐇

Monster boy and the cursed kingdom (Switch)
Beautiful Metroidvania with animal transformations and a cartoony world to explore 🐷

Octopath traveler 2 (PS5)
8 stories in a beautiful HD pixel jrpg with thrilling boss battles and a great class system. 🗡

Shining in the Holy Ark (Sega Saturn)
Best dungeon crawler I have played and it still holds up. 🧚‍♂️

Last edited:
Doom 1993 (PC/DOS)
Balls to the wall FPS that holds up mechanically and actually aged better than many FPS games from only 10 years ago. 🖕

Fuga: Melodies of Steel (Switch, Xbox)
Turn based tank battles with cat children results in intense battles and a gripping tale. 😻

Back
Top Bottom