• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Pokémon TCG Live Beta now global

Varista

Rattata
Pronouns
They/She
The wait is over!

…but maybe wait some more. This app is super buggy right now. It also just doesn’t look great and feels clunky. I haven’t gotten to try a match yet, so maybe that part is good.

Oooh I've been excited for this! I've been wanting to jump into a TCG and the synergy with S+V's release and it's casual nature seem like a good fit...

.... well initial impressions are not strong lol.

It's portrait mode only on iPad (???) and quite low res.

Installing now to try later. I heard it’s still kinda rough, but it is beta.

Also yeah heard the phone version is way better than the iPad version.

Ooof, never played TCG and thought, maybe this could get me into it... I have so far lost every game, because this is not beginner friendly at all!
I wish the tutorial was longer or that there was a mode to just learn by doing

How do you get cards in this? Is it like the previous app where you get digital booster packs when you buy cards irl?

Ooof, never played TCG and thought, maybe this could get me into it... I have so far lost every game, because this is not beginner friendly at all!
I wish the tutorial was longer or that there was a mode to just learn by doing

Download the Pokemon TCG Online game Live is the succesor to. That one has a more extensive tutorial and NPC trainers to battle against while earning some cards, decks and packs. And, once you're don there, you can transfer your collection to Live.

How do you get cards in this? Is it like the previous app where you get digital booster packs when you buy cards irl?

Yeah, codes or the battle pass rewards. Cards are also craftable with in-game currency now, but no more trading.

Download the Pokemon TCG Online game Live is the succesor to. That one has a more extensive tutorial and NPC trainers to battle against while earning some cards, decks and packs. And, once you're don there, you can transfer your collection to Live.
oof I think if I already started Live it's too late to do that?

oof I think if I already started Live it's too late to do that?

The collection importing? If you've never played Online, no. In fact, when I read up on this stuff people recommended to not do it immediately when first starting up Live. Apparently Live gives you credits for unopened packs in Online, so people min-maxing the premium currency would grind out Online first and only then tell Live to go grab their stuff.

The collection importing? If you've never played Online, no. In fact, when I read up on this stuff people recommended to not do it immediately when first starting up Live. Apparently Live gives you credits for unopened packs in Online, so people min-maxing the premium currency would grind out Online first and only then tell Live to go grab their stuff.
Ah I meant, once I import is it too late to go back to Online to build a collection - which unfortunately is the case. If you try to login to online you get an error, which it explained would happen when I made the "transfer" (eg. created my live account)

Ah I meant, once I import is it too late to go back to Online to build a collection - which unfortunately is the case. If you try to login to online you get an error, which it explained would happen when I made the "transfer" (eg. created my live account)

Ah, sorry. I don't know enough about the TGC to say how much of the stuff attainable in Online is still playable under Standard rules, so maybe a lot of it doesn't even matter to Live. And I expect Live will get better rewards come full release. For one, it doesn't have daily log-in bonus yet.

Trying to get into this not having played the actual TCG since gen 2 of the games was out. I'm missing like 25 years of rules here. I haven't won a single match, but I'm having lots of fun.

Turns out i’m not a fan of the modern tcg. Turns take way too long as each player fishes their deck a whole bunch of times. I find myself doing something else waiting for the other player’s turn to end.

Turns out i’m not a fan of the modern tcg. Turns take way too long as each player fishes their deck a whole bunch of times. I find myself doing something else waiting for the other player’s turn to end.
Funny I still like the game, but made the same observation. It’s especially jarring coming off of Marvel Snap. I feel like I can play 5 games of snap in the time it would take to do one game of this sometimes.

It’s also HORRIBLY optimized on mobile. Known issue. The Reddit is like yeah my phone heats up to 1000 degrees and my battery loses like 30-40 percent a match. Haven’t seen a mobile game this bad in almost a decade.

I’m still casually playing though as I still enjoy the core idea to a degree.

Back
Top Bottom