• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

NSO Pokémon Puzzle League will be available on NSO on July 15th (Japan gets Custom Robo and Custom Robo V2 instead) (out now!)

Yeah, I'm not really expecting a new roadmap. I expect the games will keep coming, but I think any big batches of games announced will probably be for new platforms. I can't imagine GB and maybe even GBA are too far away with the N64's limited library.

my guess is we'll get regular monthly releases until september, at which point they'll announce GB/GBA for NSO and then the focus will shift to that. after that point they'll release N64 games more irregularly.

I'm surprised Nintendo never localized the Custom Robo games. They were kinda hurting for software during the N64 days. Guess they figured it wasn't worth the money to translate and localize but seems odd.
NOA had plans to localize V2 in 2001 but it got scrapped along with some other stuff (notably Sin & Punishment) due to dropping N64 sales.

GX on GBA was also planned (and actually announced) for localization but it never happened either.

It's been pointed out elsewhere, but I think it's worth considering; all of the text pop-ups in the trailer for this are actually using Panel de Pon 64 assets instead of the Pokemon Puzzle League replacements.

unknown.png

Gives me the slightest hope that maybe the original form of the game can end up on the N64 app eventually too.

I've never seen Custom Robo in action before and I would've played the hell out of that back in the day. Is there any story behind why we never saw it localized in the first place?

For me, who didn't play this as a kid, especially comparing it to the GBC game (which was fully developed by IS and is incredible), this game just feels like some bootleg for me now days. But it's panel de pon anyway, so of the gameplay is intact I'll at least give it a go.

I hope we get Puzzle Challenge eventually, it's a beautiful colorful game with a great soundtrack.

Oh fuck yes, this was one of THE rentals growing up! 🤣
Its so surreal to have access to these games whenever now, when these are games i used to beg, BEG, my mom to rent from block buster. Now they just need to throw pokemon stadium and pokemon stadium 2000 on the service and i will be set

Hmm, maybe we won't get a new trailer with wave 2 after all. The first trailer was necessary for people to know they were going to add more games, but now we are more than used to a monthly game, and they are continuing with that trend even with the wave 1 already finished. I would be happy only with the confirmation that we are getting Banjo-Tooie, DK64 and Diddy Kong Racing some day, but it's also exciting going blindly and get surprises like this.

That said, what a great game puzzle league was, I was expecting it but not so soon, so I'm really glad. Hoping we will be able to play also the GBC version in the future.
Them pushing out both Custom Robo’s at the same time has me hopeful. Either next month is big or they wanted to do a universal second roadmap right away. Or both. I think the Rare (and any other third party support) merits the roadmap coming back. Or at least announcing the next one after the current one releases like they were doing previously. We’ll find out in a week I guess
I've never seen Custom Robo in action before and I would've played the hell out of that back in the day. Is there any story behind why we never saw it localized in the first place?
The gamecube game made it over btw

1 has never been Re released due to lawsuit issues involving certain minigames
Then again, the biggest offending minigame has been rereleased twice now via Top 100 and Superstars; and all they did was include a warning to not palm it.

FCf_3HoVkAMz2pi

It's been tested for the N64 emulator at least so I say there's still a chance that it shows up. Mario Party 2 and 3 are more likely though; I just think they want to space things out from Superstars since there's a lot of content overlap.

I mean, if we go by the original list that was datamined as what is eventually coming to the service we know Mario Party 1, 2, and 3 are coming as they are the only ones that fit in those slots alphabetically.

It's been pointed out elsewhere, but I think it's worth considering; all of the text pop-ups in the trailer for this are actually using Panel de Pon 64 assets instead of the Pokemon Puzzle League replacements.

unknown.png

Gives me the slightest hope that maybe the original form of the game can end up on the N64 app eventually too.

Those icons are selectable in PPL anyway; there's an option for them in the menu (I always have them turned on).

I’ve never actually played this so no time like the present I guess. Though it looks like it’s literally just Panel De Pon with Pokémon anime characters?

I’ve never actually played this so no time like the present I guess. Though it looks like it’s literally just Panel De Pon with Pokémon anime characters?
It is literally Panel de Pon with Pokemon anime characters (and the soundtrack is almost all midi versions of the 2.B.A. Master album). The original version, Panel de Pon 64, ended up unreleased until a collection on GameCube. Panel de Pon GB (which was also repurposed into a Pokemon game; Pokemon Puzzle Challenge) has never been released in its original form at all.

NSO could be the time for them to recitfy that since there's no competing sales with everything on one sub, but I have my doubts.

I mean, if we go by the original list that was datamined as what is eventually coming to the service we know Mario Party 1, 2, and 3 are coming as they are the only ones that fit in those slots alphabetically.
That list only tells you what was tested. It doesn't necessarily mean they're coming.

Dove back in last night for some nostalgia, I love that they reused all those cheesy songs they produced for the anime/about the anime.

I'm also happy to see they confirmed more will be coming, even if it was reasonable to assume.

Is there a decent list of what could possibly come to NSO? I feel like I remember seeing a chart somebody made in another thread. I guess the N64 didn't have a huge library anyway so I could just use Wikipedia.

Dove back in last night for some nostalgia, I love that they reused all those cheesy songs they produced for the anime/about the anime.

I'm also happy to see they confirmed more will be coming, even if it was reasonable to assume.

Is there a decent list of what could possibly come to NSO? I feel like I remember seeing a chart somebody made in another thread. I guess the N64 didn't have a huge library anyway so I could just use Wikipedia.
Off the top of of my head: 1080, Excitebike, wave race, smash, Mario party 1-3, pilotwings(licensing allowing), CRUIS’N USA, banjo Tooie, dk 64, Diddy Kong racing, blast corps jet force Gemini. If gba NSO happens with transfer Pokémon stadium 1/2

For third parties supporting NSO: deadly arts, hybrid Heaven, Mystical ninja starring Goemon, Goemon’s great adventure, bomberman 64, Bomberman hero, Bomberman 64 2nd strike, Castlevania 64, Megaman 64, Ridge Racer 64, hydro thunder, puyo puyo sun 64, Rakugo kids and Snowboard kids 1/2

Back
Top Bottom