• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Reviews Pokémon Legends: Arceus | Review Thread

happy to be wrong about this, I was going off of what previews indicated

Well I haven't played Legends, but the areas in SMTV weren't actually big. It's just that you spend a lot of time going around the same spots. It is very vertical, but not actually that big.

Its switching between 85-86 on Meta and at 84 on Opencritic

nintendo life's 9/10 is listed on meta as an 8
That should be fixed today or tomorrow, spoken from somebody who obsessively stalks Metacritic's review pages when hotly anticipated review embargoes break for movies lol

Hmm…I’ve read Game Informer’s and Eurogamer’s. I think I’m still on the fence. Going to sleep on it and read more reviews later.

Oof IGN missed the deadline again?

EDIT: See below, glad they are giving the reviewer time! Surprised there's no review in-progress style video still though.

Last edited:
Surprised at an 8 from Metro, maybe it's actually fun.

I fear if I played it I'd just be longing for more challenge

I'm already seeing that IGN italia review posted in like 5 different threads on /vp/ and other sites that like to shit on pokemon so they have their new bait lol.

But yeah overall solid reviews, low end of 85-90 so I got it right there

up to 86
screenshot2022-01-26afujg0.png

Now now if those aren't fine reviews!

Makes me even more pumped that Amazon.de finally shipped my copy this morning.

Im honest when people voted the most for a score from 85+ i really thought you all are crazy lol. I mean after the leaks i thought its gonna be a great game but i still didnt expect it to cross the 85% mark. Im even more hyped now. I bought it now and preload is running.

I am not one to invalidate opinion but when you see low 80s+ for a game then you see a 50, you got to question why that outlier is way off. I could understand 60s for sure, but 50s is like the game has a game breaking bug.
There are plenty of well reviewed games I dislike. 🤷‍♂️ If anything, these typically uniform review distributions don't ever seem to be very reflective of the variance of opinion in the community.

I am not one to invalidate opinion but when you see low 80s+ for a game then you see a 50, you got to question why that outlier is way off. I could understand 60s for sure, but 50s is like the game has a game breaking bug.
BotW had a 6 no? There's always gonna be outliers, it seems in general the game is really good

An 86 on MC is a great score, especially considering every review I've read so far mentions the somewhat lacking technical prowess. That means the gameplay must be really exciting! I won't be jumping in day one, since I have exams to take care of first, but I'm very excited to start after that!

Glad to see many of us looking at the leaks share the same opinion of the critics - this is the biggest leap forward for Pokemon to date and possibly the best one ever made.

If it wasn't for my backlog, I'd grab this weekend. In due time! I'm sure it'll get DLC this year anyway.

IGN Italy giving a 50/10 is just crazy. You wanna tell me this is 5 times as good as classics such as Ocarina of Time?

There are plenty of well reviewed games I dislike. 🤷‍♂️ If anything, these typically uniform review distributions don't ever seem to be very reflective of the variance of opinion in the community.

BotW had a 6 no? There's always gonna be outliers, it seems in general the game is really good

I hate that attitude so much.
We need more variety and unique perspectives, not less.

I mean to say, it's curious, rather than questionable. Not to say that the person's opinion is invalid.

I mean to say, it's curious, rather than questionable. Not to say that the person's opinion is invalid.
It's probably one of those cases where the person didn't like the game at all, I remember when Mystery Dungeon came out it got a 4 from someone that didn't like dungeon crawlers at all

Great score so far after underwhelming revealed. I'm hoping this game will be the foundation for the next mainline game and of course they better improve their tech/graphics stuffs as the main gameplay is really solid based on reviews.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom