• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Pokémon Concierge Trailer (Netflix, December 28)

Holy christ I haven’t played Pokémon since the Gameboy Advance era but if Poke games had an ounce of this kind of energy and art style I’d be there DAY ONE. What an innate joy seeing this in motion, absolutely gorgeous achievement if even the trailer is something to go by.

Wow.

This is so cute. Can we also get a Concierge resort management sim to go with this? Pretty please with Swirlix on top?

Holy christ I haven’t played Pokémon since the Gameboy Advance era but if Poke games had an ounce of this kind of energy and art style I’d be there DAY ONE. What an innate joy seeing this in motion, absolutely gorgeous achievement if even the trailer is something to go by.

Wow.
we have larry the depressed business man and really that's all we need

The visuals are very nice, but the premise just doesn't sound interesting in the slightest. It feels like it could be the premise of any generic kids show if you just replaced the Pokémon with some other cute animals.

Also, whenever Pokémon tries slice of life it always ends up being the most boring thing imaginable. I don't think the franchise works that well without a sense of action, adventure, or competition.

This looks delightful. I love how fuzzy and soft all of the Pokemon look, I love the cozy tropical vibes, I love hearing Karen Fukuhara in another leading role, and I love hearing an amazing song from Mariya Takeuichi as the main theme!

I cannot wait to check this one out.

pokemon-concierge-merchandise-01052024.png

as expected, the series is now getting a ton of merch, at least in Japan.

pokemon-concierge-merchandise-hawaiian-shirt-01052024.jpg

Replica shirts!

pokemon-concierge-merchandise-lamp-01052024.jpg

Lamps!

pokemon-concierge-merchandise-watering-can-01052024.jpg

water.

Recently watched it, it's a really cozy show! My biggest point of contention is that I want more XD

The show was so comfy. I earnestly wish Pokemon would make a video game based on it. Resort management sim with the same visual style. I’d be glued to my Switch/Switch 2 every free minute I have trying to keep those Pokeymans happy.

I so want the Horsea watering can.

The show was so comfy. I earnestly wish Pokemon would make a video game based on it. Resort management sim with the same visual style. I’d be glued to my Switch/Switch 2 every free minute I have trying to keep those Pokeymans happy.

I so want the Horsea watering can.
It's so weird that Pokémon hasn't explored licensing the IP for games like a management simulator, or a Sims-like clone building homes for you and Pokémon to live in and expansions adding different regions and maps. Or bringing a few of your own Pokémon from Home to your -ahem- home. No exploration into VR games. They stopped doing stuff like Mystery Dungeon, Pokémon Conquest, Pokken Tournament and so on.

All we got in the past few years was luckily a new Pokémon snap that I really want them to continue making sequels of. (And to bring back some elements from the first game like getting Pokémon to evolve). Some Gacha/Microtransaction games and Pokémon Sleep a sleep wellness app.

I just wish GameFreak didn't have much of a stranglehold on the IP. And have Nintendo + Creatures Inc put their foot down to do more with the franchise in the game space.

Should I watch?
It's a very comfy relaxing show, nothing stands out, the characters, writing, and plot are all simple. If you want to watch something because it's cute and have kiddos then yes.

It's a very comfy relaxing show, nothing stands out, the characters, writing, and plot are all simple. If you want to watch something because it's cute and have kiddos then yes.
Noice.

Something to relax to.

Bumping this thread to mention that I finally watched this show and I found it utterly delightful. I'm glad they announced more episodes because I need more scenarios in this cozy resort and more stop motion models of Pokémon!

Oh my god, this show feels so so so so so good to watch, so inviting, pure happiness distilled into stop animation wonder.

16 minute episodes is torture, I need hours of this show!

I liked it a lot, very cute.

But the whole message of: "be yourself, you don't need to meet arbitrary expectations, relax, you don't need to do the thing to be valid".

Is kind of let down with the "Does the thing afterwards and this is celebrated and ends up being the core thing emphasized at the end." happening a couple of times.

Back
Top Bottom