• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

TV PLUTO | Official Teaser | It's out!

I got flashbacks to the manga from some of those shots, and that's usually a good sign. Cannot wait.

Looks sick. Don't know the source material but it sounds like a sort of "ultimate universe" take on Astro Boy?

Looks sick. Don't know the source material but it sounds like a sort of "ultimate universe" take on Astro Boy?
It is a mature murder mystery reimagining of the Greatest Robot On Earth arc of Astro Boy - anime based on the manga by Naoki Urasawa who is famous for Monster

I'm in the camp of "the supermajority of anime adaptations of manga are worse than their source material." But I love Pluto too much. I'll give this a shot.

I was surpsired the trailer showed in the Drop 01 event was just the same teaser, but we do have a final trailer now.

jesus

I was giddy to see a gritty adaptation of an Astro Boy arc but am in shock over them killing goddamn Astro Boy.

Either way, still absolutely blown away by the quality of this. I usually have a hard time finding anime to watch now because there's just so much available now but I dove into this as soon as I found out what it was, and have been steadily impressed by every second.

Also they gave ProZD the perfect role goddamn

Me when I finish Pluto:

XSBengV.png

I finally got around to watching the first episode, and I am so glad the adaptation is doing the manga justice. I think the BGM gets a little too dramatic at times, but other than that this was very close to the anime I had envisioned in my head. I knew it was coming, but I still teared up when North No2 got killed. I am so looking forward to reliving the rest of the story.

jesus some more

so now that's both of the supposed main characters dead, with two episodes left. Where the hell is this show headed?? What the fuck yall??? 🤯

Finally got to watching the first episode this morning, what an absolutely fantastic adaptation, this is going to be a real joy to work through. And phew, those episodes are chunky.

Anyone elese teared up when

Atom and Pluto were both crying after he decided to spare him?
"I don't understand".......man

Ugh can't wait to watch. I'm having that weird experience of seeing something I love (as a fan of the manga) get exposed to a much bigger audience and that means many more people getting to enjoy it for the first time and also new criticisms.

I've seen a lot of complaints about the show being melodramatic and ham-fisted, and I'm like hell yeah, that's half the fun.

Anyway, someday I'll have the free time watch the whole 8 hour show.

I admittedly have limited experience with Astro Boy/Might Atom before this show, but it really makes it obvious how much Mega Man is just this IP but with the serial numbers filed off lol. Loving the show though.
I've seen a lot of complaints about the show being melodramatic and ham-fisted, and I'm like hell yeah, that's half the fun.
That's what it's all about!

Finally got to watching Brando’s story. It hit just as hard as it did in the manga. It’s only gonna get rougher from here.

It’s been slow-going, but I’ve managed to watch up to the episode 4. I think I’m not a fan of how dramatic the BGM tends to be, a more somber tone would have worked better. Otherwise, it’s been great. I always loved Gesicht’s plot, the classic cyberpunk questioning of memories and the line between robot and human.

Just finished it last night, was a bit slower watching it than I would have been as my Mum passed away a few weeks ago and we planned to watch it together as we watched Monster together and was one of our favourite anime/shows (we even played For The Love Of Life at her funeral), so it was a bit hard at times but I really loved it and they did a great job adapting the manga.

My condolences. I’d be glad if Pluto helped to brighten up your day, if even a little.
It did - a lot of shows have been hard to watch because we would watch them together or talk about them after they'd been on etc... but I am battling through and watching it with her in spirit. I think like with Monster etc... Urasawa always has a certain amount of earnestness in his work that even when its sad and brutal, there's always still some kind of heart underpinning everything.

Urasawa always has a certain amount of earnestness in his work that even when its sad and brutal, there's always still some kind of heart underpinning everything
This is a fitting description for Pluto in particular, too.

Back
Top Bottom