• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Fun Club pizza toppings

select all that apply

• Total voters
So we're doing photos now huh... 👀
Here's two I made myself, dough and all!

u78mfcts.jpg

(I shaved some extra parmesan on top of this one after taking it out of the oven, that's why some of the cheese is unmelted, I swear!)
p5zrcgi3.jpg

One of my favorite (fancy) pizzas is just pesto, potato, grana padano.

My favorite non-fancy pizza, as discussed, is a ziti slice.

As everyone knows, there's nothing wrong with double carbs :)
Love a potato pizza. I made one once with a garlic oil base and red, white, and blue potato slices layered over the whole surface. Drizzled with crema and fresh chives when it came out of the oven. o_O

(not so) secret S-tier topping:
broccoli rabes (sauteed with olive oil and garlic).

rabes + sausage + mozzarella (no tomato) -> ultimate pizza

(not so) secret S-tier topping:
broccoli rabes (sauteed with olive oil and garlic).

rabes + sausage + mozzarella (no tomato) -> ultimate pizza
looooove sautéed rabe on a pizza. that hit of bitterness helps cut all the fat and salt.

My go to pizza toppings are always beef, black olives, and mushrooms. Gives it a nice, earthy flavor without being overbearing.

Wait, peppers are fruit?
They are! They have seeds and grow above ground from the flowers of their plants, so they're fruits. They're relatively close to tomatoes, actually.

I don't have the pic posted but my wife made a pizza with black olives, red onions, and anchovies over the weekend

I just googled what the difference is and I am seriously confused and becoming slightly angry at language
It mostly comes down to scientific usage being carefully defined by structure vs culinary usage being defined by use case or tradition.

So, like, a tomato (a botanical fruit, more specifically a berry) is a culinary vegetable because it is mainly used in savory contexts; a peanut (a botanical seed) is a culinary nut; a strawberry (botanically an accessory fruit, like an apple) nevertheless goes into a mixed berry pie. Avocado is botanically a fruit but we don’t put it on a dessert tray.

It mostly comes down to scientific usage being carefully defined by structure vs culinary usage being defined by use case or tradition.

So, like, a tomato (a botanical fruit, more specifically a berry) is a culinary vegetable because it is mainly used in savory contexts; a peanut (a botanical seed) is a culinary nut; a strawberry (botanically an accessory fruit, like an apple) nevertheless goes into a mixed berry pie. Avocado is botanically a fruit but we don’t put it on a dessert tray.
Yeah see it's the "science and physical structure says this is a fruit but we've decided it's not because vibes" is what kinda kills me 😅

Humans are such arrogant things

Yeah see it's the "science and physical structure says this is a fruit but we've decided it's not because vibes" is what kinda kills me 😅

Humans are such arrogant things
I mean, to be fair, culinary usages generally predate the entire concept of scientific classification.

Every field has its own accepted definitions. The contexts are very different!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom