• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Fun Club pizza toppings

select all that apply

• Total voters
oh god I hope people don't find out I like pinapepl on pizzo

goat cheese
balsamic vinegar
clam

it's all possible babos

With all due respect, adding fruit to pizza is unforgivable.🀣
no peppers?
Megamind-no-bitches-thumbnail-url-65939r.jpg

oh god I hope people don't find out I like pinapepl on pizzo
I generally don't like pineapple on pizza, but it's entirely possible that's because I don't like pineapple in general. πŸ˜…

But

There's a California pizza chain called Me N Eds that does what they call a hot hawaiian pizza. It's got a base of garlic alfredo, then ham and pineapple (as is proper) but then bacon, chicken, and finished with jalapenos and a drizzle of bbq sauce.

It's so fuckin good. Possibly their best combo. And coming from me and my pineappinions that's saying a lot.

Pineapple on pizza is not black-and-white.

I feel like cheese is a base component rather than a topping. It can be removed, but that’s really an exception vs the standard. It’s like calling the patty of a hamburger a topping, or the pizza sauce.
this was specifically to accommodate my dietary restrictions

I should have thrown tomato sauce up there too for parity but I got excited writing the whole list

mestre da pizza is one of if not the absolute best videos on the internet

i implore you all to watch

I like simple combos
i thought you meant like those crunchy things with the weird fake cheese dust inside

as a pizza topping

all and every godhead gathered tableside for brunch β€” rare tourists, rarer gathers yet

their eyes... they fumble. a linger too long on the words we've said here, unencumbered

every last one, averse or repulsed, calculates an awkward turn of the head by mere degrees

do not make eye contact with our sins in neon though they burn upon your retinas. no judgment could stop us, nor oblivion hold us, nor wave take us down from our pillar of crust

we are the hollow. we are the slathered. we are crisp and abundant and beholden to the billion whims in superposition.

you cannot outthink us. you cannot command us. chess holds no candle to foundation's topped sauce.

the godheads disperse. each belay an unfinished dish from a vast ambrosial menu with no overlap.

we gather them all

and we put them on pizza

no peppers?
Megamind-no-bitches-thumbnail-url-65939r.jpg
in all seriousness I used to fucking love bell peppers on pizza

but then guess who inherited a weird bell pepper allergy for some fucking reason! where the mid-level consequence is anaphylaxis!!

I also wish I was strong enough for anchovies because that's simply the funniest thing to me

my dad used to eat them out of the tin like a little freak

it was an honor just to witness

I love pizza in general, but ultimately I think, and maybe this is my Viet showing, all my favorite pizzas should include at least four, if not all five, of the following:

1) something savory
2) something salty
3) something spicy
4) something sweet
5) something herbal

with bonus points for textural interest (crispiness).

Some ingredients may cover several bases.

Examples:
  • pepperoni (savory + salty + crispy) and hot honey (sweet + spicy)
  • pineapple (sweet), bacon (savory + salty + crispy) and jalapeno (spicy)
  • bacon (savory + salty + crispy), feta (savory + salty + unctuous) and spinach (herbal)
  • pepperoni (savory + salty + crispy) and mushroom (super-savory), sprinkle of crushed red pepper (spicy)
  • sausage (savory + salty + crispy) and caramelized onion (savory + sweet), sprinkle of crushed red pepper (spicy)
  • four cheese white pizza (savory + salty + unctuous) with garlic oil (savory) and minced chive (herbal)
this is the right one, right here

i thought you meant like those crunchy things with the weird fake cheese dust inside

as a pizza topping
You might be happy to know I have no idea what you're talking about

all and every godhead gathered tableside for brunch β€” rare tourists, rarer gathers yet

their eyes... they fumble. a linger too long on the words we've said here, unencumbered

every last one, averse or repulsed, calculates an awkward turn of the head by mere degrees

do not make eye contact with our sins in neon though they burn upon your retinas. no judgment could stop us, nor oblivion hold us, nor wave take us down from our pillar of crust

we are the hollow. we are the slathered. we are crisp and abundant and beholden to the billion whims in superposition.

you cannot outthink us. you cannot command us. chess holds no candle to foundation's topped sauce.

the godheads disperse. each belay an unfinished dish from a vast ambrosial menu with no overlap.

we gather them all

and we put them on pizza
This is a really good summary of that Mary Kate and Ashley video that was posted earlier

No pizza thread is complete without this masterpiece.

I Yeah'ed it before I even finished watching. The little flourishes, my god

Edit: OMG THE WAY HE CUTS IT AT THE END WTF

Last edited:
Just cheese is usually my favorite. Second favorite is Pepperoni. Very rarely for me I like sausage too.

I’m not wild about anything else, but meat toppings are fine and I can tolerate mushrooms. I don’t like fruits and vegetables on pizza or much in general because I’m a picky eater haha.

Just cheese is usually my favorite.
I watched a youtube video of a chef trying out different NY pizzas, and he and others in the video were saying that among NYC pizza fans there's a belief that a plain cheese slice is like the epitome of good pizza if it's made well. The quality of the dough, sauce, combination of herbs and spices, baking technique, all that will factor into a plain cheese pizza potentially beating out anything with toppings. So hell yeah (y)

I watched a youtube video of a chef trying out different NY pizzas, and he and others in the video were saying that among NYC pizza fans there's a belief that a plain cheese slice is like the epitome of good pizza if it's made well. The quality of the dough, sauce, combination of herbs and spices, baking technique, all that will factor into a plain cheese pizza potentially beating out anything with toppings. So hell yeah (y)
I 100% agree with that (NY pizza is my favorite pizza too!). It is my rule of thumb when trying a new place to always try their cheese pizza. Toppings can salvage a bad pizza, but if the core pizza isn’t good I won’t come back.

honestly, I agree. cheese pizza and pizza margharita are the platonic ideal when done well. I’m firmly of the opinion that most US pizzas have too much shit on β€˜em

I don't eat animal products, so I picked the options as if they were plant based. For the most part I just prefer cheese and pepperoni, but I'm fine with: tomatoes, onions, sausage, all three peppers, mushrooms, spinach, black olives, pineapple, onions, and so on.

As for the other, I really like Jalapenos on pizza...and it's kinda unconventional but I've had corn on pizza before and it wasn't bad. Now that same pizza also had brussel sprouts, and those were bad, so not every ingredient belongs on a pizza. Lol

I feel like growing up right at the border to Italy, I have different Pizza tastes than most of this thread. Donβ€˜t say that is better, but honestly I only know American Style Pizza of occasionally ordering something from Dominoβ€˜s Pizza once or twice.

I feel like growing up right at the border to Italy, I have different Pizza tastes than most of this thread. Donβ€˜t say that is better, but honestly I only know American Style Pizza of occasionally ordering something from Dominoβ€˜s Pizza once or twice.
I love a Neapolitan- or Sicilian-style pizza, but American pizza is its own rich subgenre. It’s worth exploring if you ever get the chance!

Cannot believe jalapenos are not an option even if I prefer a spicier pepper like serranos. Or both in case one isn't feeling very spicy that day.

OP, what do you have against spicy peppers?

Cannot believe jalapenos are not an option even if I prefer a spicier pepper like serranos. Or both in case one isn't feeling very spicy that day.

OP, what do you have against spicy peppers?
oooooooooh serranos on pizza, I've never tried that

Most pizza places around here just offer pickled jalapenos (not a fan) but I never thought about lighting it up with a different type of pepper.

I like the flavor of habanero, I wonder what that'd be like 🀩

For "other" I just wanna say that some of these options depend on the sauce. If we're talking white sauce, then I'd also add jalapeΓ±os. Not on red sauce though, that just doesn't feel as cohesive to me.

As a fan of fettuccine alfredo, I think a pizza with white sauce, grilled chicken, and broccoli might actually be good.

An abomination for sure, but good.
I’ve definitely made this, and it is good.

Better if the broccoli is properly roasted first with olive oil and garlic, so you get that char.

Shout outs to my pineapple crew. You're the real ones.

For me, I typically go Hawaiian: Ham, bacon, and pineapple.

My second choice is just cheese and pepperoni, the way the gods intended.

Just to bring up something not on the list: while I'm not big on sausage pizza, I think hamburger makes a pretty good topping.

JalapeΓ±os! Gives it both tang and spice.

I like one of the comments where β€˜adding the olives is the equivalent of placing coins on the eyes of the dead before sending it across the river Styx’ :D
My personal favorite comment is "I'd like to picture that this is what happens when you fail all of the quick time events in a cooking video game"

Happy to stand corrected, interesting. Now that I think about it, I’ve definitely had some tomato-free ones, particularly cheesy-herby ones
Here is an example, great place we went to in Lecce:

400 Gradi

Many more "bianche" than "rosse"

I realise you guys are talking about American Pizza than Italian but us Europeans have to represent too :)

Here is an example, great place we went to in Lecce:

400 Gradi

Many more "bianche" than "rosse"

I realise you guys are talking about American Pizza than Italian but us Europeans have to represent too :)
Some of those look amazing

Pizze Bianche​

• 400 Gradi​

12.00​

WHITE BASE WITH MOZZARELLA, HOMEMADE CROQUETTES, CRISPY BACON, WALNUTS CREAM​

• ANDREA GODI​

10.50​

FLAT BREAD, STRACCIATELLA, CRUDO HAM, FRESH BASIL​

• AGRUMATA​

10.50​

WHITE BASE WITH RICOTTA CHEESE, MOZZARELLA, PESTO OF CITRUS, CRISPY BACON, FRESH MINT​

• GIALLA​

9.00​

WHITE BASE, YELLOW CHERRY TOMATOES, FRESH BASIL, PESTO OF BASIL, MOZZARELLA​

• CHIOCCIOLA​

10.50​

WHITE BASE, BUFFALO MOZZARELLA, PESTO OF CAPERS, ANCHOVIES, DEHYDRATED CELLINE OLIVES, YELLOW CHERRY TOMATOES​

• FANTASTICA SULLE PUNTE​

13.00​

WHITE BASE STAR SHAPE PIZZA, TIPS STUFFED WITH RICOTTA CHEESE, MOZZARELLA, MORTADELLA, PESTO OF PISTACHIO, CHOPPED PISTACHIO​

• FRESCA​

11.50​

WHITE BASE, MOZZARELLA, MUSHROOMS, BRESAOLA, ROCKET, GRANA CHEESE, BUFFALO MOZZARELLA AFTER COOKING​

• LUCANA​

10.00​

WHITE BASE WITH MOZZARELLA, CAPOCOLLO, CACIOCAVALLO CHEESE, FRESH BASIL​

• STELLA PARTENOPEA​

12.00​

WHITE BASE STAR SHAPED PIZZA, TIPS STUFFED WITH RICOTTA CHEESE, MOZZARELLA, COOKED HAM, NEAPOLITAN TARALLO​

• SPILINGA​

10.50​

WHITE BASE WITH BUFFALO MOZZARELLA, SMOKED PROVOLA, BAKED POTATOES, NDUJA (SPREADBLE SPICY SALAMI)​

• SUPER BELLINA​

12.00​

WHITE BASE STAR SHAPED PIZZA, TIPS STUFFED WITH RICOTTA CHEESE AND PESTO OF BASIL, BUFFALO MOZZARELLA, SWEET CHERRY TOMATOES, FRESH BASIL, EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL​

• TOT0β€²​

10.50​

WHITE BASE WITH MOZZARELLA, RICOTTA CHEESE, PESTO OF BASIL, CRISPY BACON​

• PORCHETTA ROMANA​

10.50​

WHITE BASE WITH MOZZARELLA, BAKED POTATOES, ROMAN PORK ROAST WITH SPICES​

• FRIARIELLI​

10.00​

WHITE BASE WITH MOZZARELLA, TIP OF KNIFE SAUSAGE, NEAPOLITAN TURNIP​

• ACQUAVIVA​

10.50​

WHITE BASE WITH MOZZARELLA, SMOKED SCAMORZA, CRISPY BACON, SWEET-AND-SOUR ACQUAVIVA ONION, OREGANO​

• VALLE D’ITRIA​

11.50​

WHITE BASE WITH MOZZARELLA, SUN-DRIED YELLOW TOMATOES, STRACCIATELLA CHEESE, MARTINA FRANCA CAPOCOLLO, BLACK OLIVES​

• CARBONARA​

10.50​

WHITE BASE WITH MOZZARELLA, CARBOCREMA (MIX OF EGGS AND PECORINO CHEESE), CRISPY GUANCIALE(JOWL), FRESH BASIL​

• CARAMELLATA​

11.00​

WHITE BASE WITH MOZZARELLA CHEESE, STRACCIATELLA CHEESE, TIP OF A KNIFE SAUSAGE, SWEET AND SOUR ONIONS, MUSTARD​

• ODE AI FORMAGGI​

10.50​

WHITE BASE WITH MOZZARELLA, BLUE-CHEESE, SMOKED SCAMORZA, PARMESAN CREAM, PARMESAN CRISPY WAFFLE​

• FANTASTICA​

11.00​

WHITE BASE STAR SHAPE PIZZA, MOZZARELLA, MORTADELLA, PESTO OF PISTACHIO, CHOPPED PISTACHIO​

• PODOLICA​

10.50​

MOZZARELLA, TIP OF KNIFE SAUSAGE, BROCCOLI RABE CREAM, CACIOCAVALLO PODOLICO​

• GUANCIALE​

10.50​

MOZZARELLA, DRY TOMATOES, CHEEK LARD, CRISPY ONIONS , OREGANO​

• CAFRIOLA​

10.50​

MOZZARELLA, BROCCOLI RABE CREAM, MARTINA FRANCA CAPOCOLLO, GORGONZOLA CHEESE​

pineapple on pizza is super good
chicken bacon ranch is the goat of alternative pizzas
lately I've been getting a big ol pepperoni roll, dicing it up, and using that and standard pepperoni slices for my peps. That, and a dried onion/garlic butter crust...mmmmmm
however, I'm no stranger to pizza sins, i've made a chili cheese dog pizza after all.
TS0ye5h.jpeg

btw if we're gonna start posting photos, here's a combo from my favorite pizza place that I thought was strangely photogenic that evening:

mcm3Sr2.jpeg

Sadly it's not a local place but every time I vacation in the area I make sure to stop in.

Alas, there are no Mountain Mike’s in the Canadian tundra. I love the name though lol. This is from a local place just around the corner.
Oh awesome! I always root for local places.

Down around me the only place you ever see those curly-crispy pepperonis is a chain called Mountain Mike's, and even then you have to go light on the toppings because they'll only curl and crisp if they don't have other things piled on top.

That one looks perfect in terms of topping distribution though. Geez.

Back
Top Bottom