• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Fun Club pizza toppings

select all that apply

• Total voters

Raccoon

Fox Brigade
Pronouns
He/Him
big fan of pizza over here

mama mia!

let's see what the house of mario puts on their pizza pie

I like the standard supreme/deluxe kit sometimes, but my go to two topping would be pepperoni or sausage and mushroom. I feel like I get a lot of less traditional pizzas these days though, a place near me makes a great buffalo chicken pizza, as well as a Thai one.

I think pepperoni / mushroom / green pep peps is my favourite like, standard ‘za. But recently I had a soppressata and goat cheese pizza with spicy honey drizzled over and it was magic

An entire Caesar salad.

Brn-W-TXCAAEa-30-4077240431.jpg

(I'm contractually obligated to bring up the Pizzalada on every pizza related discussion, yes)

As for an actual answer: I've been a big fan of caramelized onion and goat cheese pizza lately. I also got the meatiest, bacon-chicken-BBQ sauce-ham combo last night.

For vegan options we have a place around here that does chicken flavored soy protein and somehow a very melty vegan cheese.

My go to is Spinach, Chicken, and Feta.

But I'll literally eat whatever the hell you want to put on a pizza. I won't order mushrooms, but I'll eat them if they're on there.

You call yourself a fan of pizza and leave out shrimp from your poll???

It's like a taco salad, but pizza! I bet this is incredible.

It had a serious problem of being fine if you get it in store, but if you get it for delivery the heat from the pizza bowl would cook all the greens and they'd arrive mildly slimy.

There are quite a few good American pizza chains in China, personally I find them much better than the Pizza Hut that has opened up in China, I order my pizza with double cheese and a side of sausage.

I like margherita or salmon, but the goat for all of us true gourmets here is pizza with sucuk, black olives, and feta cheese

edit: if you're feeling real dirty Döner Pizza

what's yours @Raccoon except Banana peppers it seems
these days I'm not eating mammals, primarily for health reasons but also it's extremely fucked up, so a lot of my old favorites are out

I haven't eaten dairy in a very long time though so cheese has been out for ages

these days I'm enjoying mushrooms, onions, garlic, and some kind of pepper

added a vote for pineapple to give my endorsement but it really kinda needs pork of some kind which again I'm not eating

steve jobs ate pizza that was just crust, tomato chunks, and onions. no sauce. strange fellow

these days I'm not eating mammals, primarily for health reasons but also it's extremely fucked up, so a lot of my old favorites are out

I haven't eaten dairy in a very long time though so cheese has been out for ages

these days I'm enjoying mushrooms, onions, garlic, and some kind of pepper

added a vote for pineapple to give my endorsement but it really kinda needs pork of some kind which again I'm not eating

steve jobs ate pizza that was just crust, tomato chunks, and onions. no sauce. strange fellow
you're like the reverse of the kid from that old cheesestring ad

nice picks otherwise and steve jobs eating like a maniac is not surprising to me, bro touches his chin weirdly in black and white everytime I see him

I like simple combos, as the ones that stack a ton of toppings seem to not mesh well (sausages rolling off and stuff) because they don't get baked into the thing. But I do like variety, soooo what I've been doing for a while is ordering a half pepperoni/olive and half sausage/bellpepper, then alternating slices. Then red pepper flakes of course, and if the place has garlic sauce that goes on the crust.

voted for the good ones (though I’d like to give a special shoutout to mushrooms and black olives) and also would like to suggest artichoke hearts. it’s not an everytime topping but it works better than you’d think

An entire Caesar salad.

Brn-W-TXCAAEa-30-4077240431.jpg

(I'm contractually obligated to bring up the Pizzalada on every pizza related discussion, yes)

As for an actual answer: I've been a big fan of caramelized onion and goat cheese pizza lately. I also got the meatiest, bacon-chicken-BBQ sauce-ham combo last night.

For vegan options we have a place around here that does chicken flavored soy protein and somehow a very melty vegan cheese.

I remember the pizzalada. It's the most disgusting abomination ever to have been created by the criminal minds over at Telepizza.

EDIT: I'm a pizza snob so I go regular margherita. Onions are my shit whenever I go for like a dominos or any American pizza

Last edited:
We usually go for pepperoni and mushroom, or sometimes just pepperoni. We’re simple folk.

But when I get the chance to have pineapple on my pizza, oh my good gracious. It’s heaven. I don’t care what anyone says, pineapple on pizza is goated.

Pizza Tonno is my way to go. Tuna, Onions, Mozzarella and Tomato Sauce if you go by toppings.

Otherwise Pizza with Mushrooms and Onions is also nice.

1. Preferably no toppings
2. But if you have to put them, chicken first.
3. Mushrooms

And even then, I'm fine with almost everything else as long as it isn't spicy. Or there's pineapple on it. I have some very awful memories with pineapple pizza, don't know how can people eat that xP

I love pizza in general, but ultimately I think, and maybe this is my Viet showing, all my favorite pizzas should include at least four, if not all five, of the following:

1) something savory
2) something salty
3) something spicy
4) something sweet
5) something herbal

with bonus points for textural interest (crispiness).

Some ingredients may cover several bases.

Examples:
  • pepperoni (savory + salty + crispy) and hot honey (sweet + spicy)
  • pineapple (sweet), bacon (savory + salty + crispy) and jalapeno (spicy)
  • bacon (savory + salty + crispy), feta (savory + salty + unctuous) and spinach (herbal)
  • pepperoni (savory + salty + crispy) and mushroom (super-savory), sprinkle of crushed red pepper (spicy)
  • sausage (savory + salty + crispy) and caramelized onion (savory + sweet), sprinkle of crushed red pepper (spicy)
  • four cheese white pizza (savory + salty + unctuous) with garlic oil (savory) and minced chive (herbal)

Cheese, meat, peppers. Don't go in for seafood on pizza much, even though I love it everywhere else.

. . .

goddammit I can't believe I didn't think to post none pizza with left beef

Losing my edge in my old age

I don't eat meat, but otherwise, all pizza toppings are good. Pineapple and fake meat is good. Even corn is ok. Too many veggies not cooked enough weighing the whole thing down has its place. Ziti slice rules. It's all good

I feel like cheese is a base component rather than a topping. It can be removed, but that’s really an exception vs the standard. It’s like calling the patty of a hamburger a topping, or the pizza sauce.

I feel like cheese is a base component rather than a topping. It can be removed, but that’s really an exception vs the standard. It’s like calling the patty of a hamburger a topping, or the pizza sauce.
At a local brick oven pizza spot, there is a delicious marinara pie. But every time you order it, the waiter says "Now, you know there's no cheese on that right?" So that implies a lot of people have complained. That's annoying, but it also proves your point.

I stick to the pizza of my homeland, the humble Grandma Pizza. Basically just cheese and sauce with some herbs or sommit.

(I actually didn't eat pizza for most of my life.)

I voted for every single poll option! Not all at once though

Anchovy is the best topping bar none. It shouldn't be alone, rather a supplement to others, but it can go on pretty much any pizza. And tastes great

I also will not apologize for liking pineapple on pizza

I voted for every single poll option! Not all at once though

Anchovy is the best topping bar none. It shouldn't be alone, rather a supplement to others, but it can go on pretty much any pizza. And tastes great

I also will not apologize for liking pineapple on pizza
I guess if you eat as soon as it's done, it's perfectly fine, but in my experience, the pineapple always gets fishy very quickly, which inevitably makes good portions of the pizza to taste very sour.

Dunno, maybe I'm just unlucky.

I love pizza in general, but ultimately I think, and maybe this is my Viet showing, all my favorite pizzas should include at least four, if not all five, of the following:

1) something savory
2) something salty
3) something spicy
4) something sweet
5) something herbal

with bonus points for textural interest (crispiness).

Some ingredients may cover several bases.

Examples:
  • pepperoni (savory + salty + crispy) and hot honey (sweet + spicy)
  • pineapple (sweet), bacon (savory + salty + crispy) and jalapeno (spicy)
  • bacon (savory + salty + crispy), feta (savory + salty + unctuous) and spinach (herbal)
  • pepperoni (savory + salty + crispy) and mushroom (super-savory), sprinkle of crushed red pepper (spicy)
  • sausage (savory + salty + crispy) and caramelized onion (savory + sweet), sprinkle of crushed red pepper (spicy)
  • four cheese white pizza (savory + salty + unctuous) with garlic oil (savory) and minced chive (herbal)
This is pretty much my pizza philosophy as well.
Any of the following combinations, or anything similar, are usually the ones I go for.
Chicken with red onion and spicy peppers
Chorizo/ham/bacon with pineapple and mushroom
Feta, spinach and caremelised onion
‘Perfectly balanced, as all things should be’.

I make my own pizza often and one of my favorite topping combos is dates (or other fruits such as peach, pear or fig), goat cheese, caramelized onion and bacon

I’m just glad not to see any lame faux pineapple disgust in this thread

Pepperoni + jalapeño is my favourite

Back
Top Bottom