• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

LTTP Pikmin Bloom - Revisiting ahead of 4, yay or nay?

(Late to the party)

totofogo

thinkin bt pkmn 4
Pronouns
he/him 🏳️‍🌈
I suppose this could have been a DM to @Raccoon but uh seeing as there's no ST

I'm considering returning to Pikmin Bloom in the lead up to 4 after falling off the game pretty quickly back at launch. Is anyone here still playing / do you have any advice on if that's a good idea based on improvements that have been made? Specifically I'm wondering..

• will I be frustrated at missed timed content?
  • does the game have more meat on its bones after updates?
  • what other quality of life improvements have meant a lot to you?

TIA for any thoughts!

I did want to keep playing it but I think the game's biggest fault, and this is not exclusive to it unfortunately, is that it's a battery drainer, plain and simple. I haven't tested it out in my current phone but I suppose it could give me 3 hours more or less, 4 tops. Which isn't bad but considering you're playing it on your phone, it's a no-no.

I would only play it if I had a second phone, but considering my old Galaxy A52s struggled with it, I realistically would need a beefier unit, and thus it'd be more expensive.

the answer to all of those questions is no

it's like a little life journal. the fun is in choosing your walking routes and some very light strategy in deployment.

they did recently make mushrooms way harder though, so wiping them out alone isn't viable anymore

Actually isn't that weird that Miyamoto mentioned Bloom? Yeah, he wanted to give promotion to it but isn't there a connection with Bloom and 4 in some way?

Actually isn't that weird that Miyamoto mentioned Bloom? Yeah, he wanted to give promotion to it but isn't there a connection with Bloom and 4 in some way?
I’d love if you could bring the costumes into your herd…

If you hate having incomplete sets of something, you might get frustrated with the timed content. They give you plenty of time to earn more than enough of the seedlings that grow into the special event Pikmin, but the actual special Pikmin you get is completely random. For example, there could be seven unique, say, Lunar New Year Pikmin in a set (red, blue, yellow, white, pink, purple, rock) but you might get the same one multiple times. I don't know how many times I've had a whole special set except for the Red Pikmin or whatever and I'd keep getting a Purple Pikmin over and over.

At the end of the day it's still really a pedometer with game-ified elements rather than an actual game. It does get me walking more so I appreciate it on that level, and it is neat collecting the different types of costumed Pikmin. I like it for what it is. But if you didn't like it before I don't think you'll like it now, as the updates haven't completely transformed it or anything.

The nice thing about Bloom being so casual though is that if it does have integration with Pikmin 4 it's not going to be difficult to jump into Bloom if that integration proves to be substantial. So I probably wouldn't worry about needing to go back to Bloom now to get ready for 4.

Back
Top Bottom