• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Predictions Pikmin 4 Metacritic Prediction Thread

What will the final Metacritic score be for Pikmin 4?

Votes: 9 3.9%
  • 94-99

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • 90-94

Votes: 32 13.7%
  • 85-89

Votes: 149 63.9%
  • 80-84

Votes: 38 16.3%
  • 74-79

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • 70-74

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • <70

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It'll be 88-91 and hardcore pikmin fans will cry "why'd they make my cute strategy game accessible :("

This series seems to pretty consistently land in the high 80s, so I would guess 85-89. It has its niche and it fulfills that well.

I always try to forget that Pikmin 2 is the one with the highest score.

I see it getting high 80s, will definitely be above 3, breaking 90s will depend on how much reviewers care about 4 being less strategy more action adventure, between how it frames exploration, one of the mini bosses and caves being more Zelda shrine puzzle environments. I can also see it scoring high for the amount of content, it seems to be bigger like 2 compared to the other games, and I think that will be a positive factor for reviews, regardless if its good content or not.

It'll be 88-91 and hardcore pikmin fans will cry "why'd they make my cute strategy game accessible :("
Nah, from what I've seen this offers plenty of possibilities for own made challenges. Which is (at least what I think) perfect for those who are more versed in the franchise.

(Although there has been some whining from what I've seen about new features such as the dog and the character customisation, but that's people needing to get accustomed to changes after finally getting a new title after 10 years :))

Hmm,

Pikmin games tend to be quality products, so I'm guessing 87-92 range.

I have various thoughts on the game. First, the positives:
  • Night expeditions look great, and seem to be imply that you'll be back and forth between sap defence and expeditioning, which would be cool
  • Night time glow Pikmin look fun
  • Game looks beautiful
  • The antagonist looks like they could make for an interesting character
  • The ugprade system looks like the best addition, and is very welcome.
Second, the negatives:
  • Have they removed co-op, and the ability to multitask between multiple characters? That's hugely regressive if so.
  • Ice Pikmin look boring: just another 'big' Pikmin
  • Increasing the 100 Pikmin cap seems long overdue
  • I wish there was like a Pikmin mutiny system or something to add more fun and depth to the strategy.
  • Adding the 'u can pet the derg xD' just strikes me as indie-style pandering.
I'm torn on whether this looks better than 3 but eager to find out more.
ice pikmin is the only type able to alter the environment. Use multiply ways to get the blue onion in the demo has showed what oatchi and the new type can bring

High 80s, just like every other high quality Nintendo release that isn’t Mario, Mario Kart, Zelda, or Smash

It will be an 80-ish score and I really don't care.

Pikmin is a great series! Get it!

If the demo is anything to go by this is gonna be a 9 or 10 for me but I'm thinking reviewers will be in the high 80s.

By considering how acclaimed Pikmin 2, the game it's taking the most inspiration, is, how beginner-friendly it is, and how polished it's mechanics and gameplay seems to be, I think it's going to score around the 90s.

I definitely want it to get a 90 because from the demo and trailers it really does look like a masterpiece that deserves it.

However I think the genre is somewhat divisive in terms of critical reception.

Voted for 85-89 and I am gonna predict 89.

The most 89 game to ever 89, even if it somehow doesn't get an 89

It's basically the standard for most of the more critically oriented Switch Era Nintendo titles and I don't think this'll be an exception

I'm gonna guess 90--a bit higher than if it had come out last year. Reviewers will consistently mention how refreshing it is after putting 42,069 hours into ToTK.

I want it to break into the 90s but I don't think it will - expecting an 87 to match Pikmin 3 as despite Nintendo's efforts to make it have more widespread appeal this time round, it is still quite niche and it just won't gel with some reviewers due to that.

Would be very happy to be wrong on this, however!

75-80

Too much hand holding, not long enough but somehow overstays its welcome.
"they made another one of those - Jeff Gerstmann"

The 89 curse will win yet again but for some reasons i'm feeling pessimistic on the game so I'll go with an 82/83.

PLayed the demo, came back very impressed. I dont think its less strategic than 3 at all. Its the highpoint of the series from what I've played, so at least high 80's. Im really looking forward to it.

shit just got real
media-F1-Zr2cn-Xs-AYqb-Lv.webp

EG-23-Ratings-Image-Overlay-Dev1.webp

I voted for low 80s and I'm happy to be wrong :D Looks like we've got another banger in a year full of them.

Wow the IGN video review was glowing!!
That's seriously something special and this game is gonna be much bigger and amazing than I expected, and apparently the critics are loving it.
Gonna watch more reviews now. Think I was a coward for not believing it could get 90.

Also another praise of the graphics. Played more of the demo yesterday on a TV and oh boi this game is a looker and what it achieves in fidelity goes above literally everything else on Switch.

IGNs review blew my mind. I’m going back on blackout, I can’t believe it’s almost here.

Almost a shoe in for a 85-89. But I'll go exactly at 87.
Ahem.

Anyways, uh glad to see the game is fun. A little disappointed that it seems online/co-op offerings are a step down from 3. With that said I'm excited to play on friday.

Seems like it'll settle out around 88-87.

image.png

Based on the reviews I've read, the difficulty seems very Mario-esque. The main campaign isn't quite challenging, but the post-game is really beefy and ramps up the difficulty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom