• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Pannenkoek2012 drops new commentated Super Mario 64 for the first time in 7 years “How to Crash Super Mario 64 Using a Pendulum”

God I forgot how much I loved his videos. I'll never forget:

but first, we have to talk about parallel universes

I’ll be honest, I’m halfway in and this one is a bit abstract for me so far without the hook of setting up the clear goal of the previous video (completing the level with as few A presses as possible).

Me, an intellectual; yes, I understand the mathematics being posited in this video. Float your integer this way, big boy.

I finished and I admit I had forgotten the initial premise of manipulating the pendulum by reaching a value that causes the game to crash when I last posted. It does come back pretty strong towards the end, and I did enjoy the video. There’s no meme moment like parallel universes this time around, but it was another fun look at how video games are literally made out of math.

His subtitled videos have been consistently entertaining for years, I wish I understood anything half as well as this man understands Mario 64

HOLYY SHIITTTTTTTTTTT

tenor.gif

he uploaded another tiny one as a "youtube short", pretty similar to the kind of stuff he's always releasing on his other channel

I've watched his uncommentated vids pretty consistently for the last however many years and they're all fascinating, so hopefully this is a sign he'll be producing more shortform stuff with voiceover (though I personally hope he just uploads them as normal videos rather than "shorts" lol).

Will watch later, but happy that the ride is ongoing. Watch for rolling rocks completely bent my mind.

he has indeed been uploading shorts somewhat regularly (and they're all great!) but he also put out a new ten-minute vid today:

great stuff as always

Back
Top Bottom