• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic PAC-MAN MUSEUM+ |ST| Featuring Legally Distinct Pac-Ma'am

Launch Trailer + More Details
  • There's an extremely gorgeous launch trailer using the new pixel art from the other trailers and JP website.

More importantly, we got gameplay footage that confirms a lot of information we didn't already know.

I'll be updating OP with what's found here, but a few notes I observed:
    • Arcade games require coins to add credits. No coins, no arcade games.
    • Half of the games (all the arcade games besides Battle Royale plus PAC-IN-TIME) let you suspend your progress and play them later. Since the game you are currently playing has not ended, you do not need to insert another credit.
    • Coins are only earned by playing the games. They are not tied to the achievement system, which provides separate unlocks; instead, you gain more or less coins based on how you perform. Both the arcade and free games earn you coins, so you are never in a position where you cannot earn coins. If you suspend an arcade game or quit out of a game early, no coins are earned - you need to finish the game, either reach the end or lose - to register a play and earn your coins. I don't know how PAC-IN-TIME and Pac'N ROLL REMIX handle this mechanic, since those are level based games. Maybe you earn coins for finishing levels?
    • Half of the games are locked from the start, bizarrely enough. To unlock the others, you need to play each of the base games twice, under the same conditions listed above to earn coins from a game. It's not hard to play each game twice, but this seems like a needless addition to pad out the game.
    • WHERE IS BABY PAC-MAN'S - ahem, sorry, I mean WHERE IS PAC-SIS'S NOSE????

Version 1.0.2 Update - Summer Wallpapers + Stability

• The datamined summer wallpapers are now in the game. They are given to you as soon as you start the game up again - no need to unlock them. We can expect the rest to be rolled out in future updates!

Christmas and New Year's Wallpapers

• The Christmas and New Year's wallpapers have arrived to grace your virtual arcades. With that, the last of the datamined wallpapers have now been made available. I can see this being the game's final substantial update.

Back
    Top Bottom