• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Sales Data Octopath Traveller II (the greatest Turn-based RPG of all time) has shipped over 1 million copies.

I saw a similar take like this from Jason Schreier and it makes me want to give this game a shot. But man Octopath 1 was just such an awful slog I don’t want to fall for this again. Especially with how many people similarly gushed about that game too. Fool me once…

As someone that played the first just last summer and loved it. I still do not understand the people that went from hating the first to loving the second. 2 has many great improvements, but it still feels in line with the original. I certainly would not recommend it to people that hated the first.

The title is half right in that it is one of the greatest turn-based RPGs of all time; unfortunately, though, it got released just a couple months after the true greatest turn based RPG, Chained Echoes.

I still have to play through the first one, but it's nice to see that the sequel has good reception. I'm particularly interested in the number of people saying that the first game was good or only alright but that the second one was a significant improvement. Makes me more interested to eventually try it when I have more gaming time.
I was tempted to just type "The greatest game ever made sold 1 millions copies" for the thread, but I didn't want the mods to get mad at me.
We got 'em, folks. We're prepping the arrest warrant right as we spe-
I’d have signed off on it :D
God damn it Pixel!!!!!!

Anniversary stream on 13 July

This event will take place next month on 13th Julyat 8 pm JST and will apparently include a "memorial corner" reflecting on the history of the series, the results of a user survey, and also feature SE producer Masashi Takahashi and Acquire director Keisuke Miyauchi.

There's no mention of any special announcements, but if we hear anything we'll let you know.

I still have to play through the first one, but it's nice to see that the sequel has good reception. I'm particularly interested in the number of people saying that the first game was good or only alright but that the second one was a significant improvement. Makes me more interested to eventually try it when I have more gaming time.

We got 'em, folks. We're prepping the arrest warrant right as we spe-

God damn it Pixel!!!!!!
Can’t wait for my term as a mod to run out later this year so I can go do more Octopath-based crimes :)

Anniversary stream on 13 July
Wanted to make a thread about it but honestly it's probably best kept here, as they most likely aren't announcing anything game related. There's no Asano either so no chance of a Horii-type slip-up ahah.

It's good to see it happen anyways! It also reaffirms my conviction of Takahashi and Nishiki (and to a lesser extent Miyauchi) becoming the faces of the franchise. Asano on the other hand strikes me as somebody who has been involved with every IP under his division to the point of ending up taking more of an executive producer/supervisor role as of late.

Back
Top Bottom