• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Discussion November is almost here. What's on your Nintendo shopping list?

Whatcha buying?

• World War Z (November 2)

Votes: 5 2.8%
  • Animal Crossing New Horizons: Happy Home Paradise (November 5)

Votes: 66 36.5%
  • Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (November 11)

Votes: 23 12.7%
  • Grand Theft Auto Trilogy (November 11)

Votes: 52 28.7%
  • Shin Megami Tensei V (November 12)

Votes: 123 68.0%
  • Pokemon Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl (November 19)

Votes: 67 37.0%
  • Death's Door (November 23)

Votes: 29 16.0%
  • Other (comment below)

Votes: 13 7.2%

• Total voters
SMT V and Pokemon Brilliant Diamond for me. Those two plus Great Ace Attorney and Metroid means that mid November is when the Switch takes over as my primary console for the remainder of 2021.

SMT V is 100% a lock. Got the JP special edition coming, and I'll download the digital version on launch as well. I'm really excited for Pokémon BDSP, but it's gonna have to wait until I finish SMT. Will be getting it for sure though.

I'll be keeping an eye on the impressions for the KOTOR port, but I don't know when I'm gonna get time to play it. There's a couple big games games from February I wanna finish in December too (Persona 5 Strikers and Bravely Default II).

Probably nothing, it was already a big deal for me to buy three brand new games at launch this year (NEO TWEWY, Wario Ware, Dread)

Some of the november games I’ll get eventually but I don’t think any of them are day ones for me

- KOTOR is apparently a classic that I missed but the eshop says it’s over 15 GB? This must be some kind of mistake

- SMTV I’m definitely interested in but I can wait for a sale, also those games are pretty iterative in terms of gameplay so it makes more sense to play the ones I have on 3DS before going to that. Don’t want to play that and then feel like Apocalypse is a huge step back or something

- I could lift my Pokemon boycott and get BDSP since I never actually played a Sinnoh game. However, it apparently seems like this game won’t be a definitive version since it won’t have Platinum content? So it will lack a good post game again? (That’s one of the big appeals of Pokemon single-player for me) I have no patience for natures and EVs/IVs anymore either, unless they streamline those enough so your in-game team can be viable for multiplayer, I don’t really care at this point

- Death’s Door is apparently this year’s indie darling, I could get into that since it would be cheaper than the above and I like Zelda type games so if it’s truly a GOTY contender this means I could be part of the hype. However I hear that despite the Zelda comparisons it’s a more linear and action focused game? I’m not sure if it’s worth playing that game over my backlog in that case, like is it just a top down action game or does it offer anything new to the top down action-adventure game genre. On top of that I need to get into that Crosscode DLC soon, I usually don’t play games of a similar genre back to back

So I’m not sure if any of those could have priority over games I already own or whatever good black friday deal that would come up

Happy Home Paradise
Shin Megami Tensei V
Pokémon Brilliant Diamond
Grand Theft Auto Trilogy
Danganronpa Decadence

What a great year it has been.

SMT V is a game I definitely want to pick up down the line, but there's other games I'm currently interested/invested in, so I think I'll just pick up the expansions for Age of Calamity and Cross Code and leave it at that for the rest of 2021.

nothing. thinking i might make it an action-focused month though and finally play pandora's tower, no more heroes iii, and astral chain for the first time.

Animal Crossing: Happy Home Paradise
SMT V
Pokemon Diamond & Pearl (one for my partner, one for me)

Unless any interesting indies come up I think that's it for me for the month on switch. Grow: Song of The Evertree could be a good one for my partner though, Yonder was a pretty cute game.

Animal Crossing: Happy Home Paradise
SMT V
Pokemon Diamond & Pearl (one for my partner, one for me)

Unless any interesting indies come up I think that's it for me for the month on switch. Grow: Song of The Evertree could be a good one for my partner though, Yonder was a pretty cute game.
Deaths Door is supposed to be a really good Indie zelda-like, and that's releasing on the 23rd.

Deaths Door is supposed to be a really good Indie zelda-like, and that's releasing on the 23rd.

Oh no haha I actually got that at launch on Xbox and it just didn't hold me for some reason :( which was a bummer because on paper it should have been the exact thing. I didn't really find the exploration/zelda elements or world to be that captivating. It felt like a more action/combat driven experience and while the combat was totally fine, I put it down about two thirds through the game without any real specific thought I was done, and realised a week later I didn't really have any interest in picking it back up.

BUT. The game was pretty much universally praised, so I would take that opinion with a grain of salt. Sometimes it's hard to quantify why a game lacks that certain something for you and in this instance I wouldn't go around trying to project it because I don't really have any deep thoughts about why this one didn't, it just didn't for whatever reason.

Good reminder though, that's probably gonna work for a lot of switch owners

Well if this thread is at all representative of anything SMTV is poised to be a hell of a hit lol
It’s always funny how specific forums can (but not always) differ hugely from the sales charts on this stuff, like some games end up as forum darlings through sheer popularity spreading like wildfire amongst a small community, despite selling a tenth of what big hitters launching at the same time do. I’d say interest in JRPGs in general (outside of the ones that do sell bucketloads, like Pokemon) is hugely popular here (and on Era) way out of proportion with the sales of most of them. And I’m OK with that as someone that likes playing and talking about them! :)

Only Shin Megami Tensei V is a guaranteed purchase. At some point in the next few months I'll try the Animal Crossing expansion through the subscription service.

KOTOR and Death's Door are high on my eShop wishlist, but I'm trying to avoid buying things which will end up in my backlog. My Switch backlog has shrank slightly this year and I aim to keep it that way. GTA is another one I'll think about when I know I'll have the time to begin playing the games.

Blue Reflection Second Light and Shin Megami Tensei V is my Nintendo November. I’m also picking up the PS4 version of Blue Reflection Second Light and Forza, but I don’t have a Series X yet…

Everything but the Animal Crossing DLC which I have through my family plan NSO, expensive month. I think I may hold off on a sale for some and maybe wait for physical GTA (depending how much is on the cart).

SMTV only, and even then I probably won't be able to finish it this year, lol. Potentially my last gaming related purchase in 2021 at this point.
Death's Door really could've been an option for me as well, but not anymore. If I ever get to it, then maybe next year. And given how stacked that one already is, ...

AC and Pokemon, I'm really excited for both! Maybe SMTV but I'm waiting to read reviews first as I've never played the series before.

dang, actually quite a bit:

• animal crossing expansion
  • smt5
  • pokemon
  • deaths door

i didnt even realize it until i read this thread ... busy month!

As of right now, It's just SMT V. Maybe Pokemon for my kid, although maybe it would be better to just finally get the Sword and Shield DLC.

Just D/P and the Animal Crossing DLC. Gotta save money for the onslaught next year

Pokemon and SMTV. I still have a few games I need to finish, so no more than that this year.
Advanced wars was another one, but it was moved to 2022.

I'm surprised SMTV is the leading option in the poll, instead of Pokemon or freaking GTA lol

Tbh GTA is a remaster of really old games lol. I had a good time back when I played them but I don’t want to play them again.

Shin Megami Tensei 5. It's an actual event when these games release. What most people seem to feel for Final Fantasy, Pokemon or Dragon Quest new releases, I feel for SMT (and Persona, to be honest). Counting down the days now.

SMT is already bought and paid for. Wavering on Pokemon - if the reviews are good I'll probably crumble and buy it like the weak-willed consumerist worm I am.

Edit: Oh, and GTA 3 most probably just to wallow in that nostalgia and for the novelty of finally playing big boy GTA on a Nintendo handheld.

- I could lift my Pokemon boycott and get BDSP since I never actually played a Sinnoh game. However, it apparently seems like this game won’t be a definitive version since it won’t have Platinum content? So it will lack a good post game again? (That’s one of the big appeals of Pokemon single-player for me) I have no patience for natures and EVs/IVs anymore either, unless they streamline those enough so your in-game team can be viable for multiplayer, I don’t really care at this point

Diamond and Pearl had a very nice post game (an entire new area, new Routes and a few Legendary events). Post-game wise Platinum mostly added Battle Frontier, a café where you could rematch Gym Leaders and a Villa you could decorate. I mean, yes, it seems like BF is gone, but DP already had a bunch of things to do after becoming Champion.

Already have SMT V and Pokemon Pearl pre-ordered and paid for.

Beside that, probably Death's Door! It is going to be a good month :)

Diamond and Pearl had a very nice post game (an entire new area, new Routes and a few Legendary events). Post-game wise Platinum mostly added Battle Frontier, a café where you could rematch Gym Leaders and a Villa you could decorate. I mean, yes, it seems like BF is gone, but DP already had a bunch of things to do after becoming Champion.
Fair enough, but I just can’t be convinced to pay full price for a game that can’t be bothered to be the definitive version of its gen, just like FRLG and HGSS did. To me the peak in terms of post game quests was the Sevii Islands. As for the Battle Frontier, it was a great way to give some kind of context to the post game grind. My favorite part of Pokemon games was always how it felt like the world was bigger than simply beating gyms and becoming champion, how you had all those areas that had some mystery to them. I know that it’s kind of a bad look to complain about modern Pokemon games but between cut content and no National Dex (my fave is in Diamond so I was willing to give it a pass), the series just keeps dissapointing. Even if Sinnoh is actually on par with gens 1-2-3, the fact that BDSP will launch at full price while missing content that a cheaper DS game from over 10 years ago had simply deflates any hype I had for BDSP, the urge for some Pokemon is no longer there

The only lock for me right now is SMT V, but I might get Pokémon at some point, maybe in December

Out of these, only Shin Megami Tensei V. It looks like it'll be worth the wait!

Only SMT V for me. I won't realistically have the time to be playing anything else for the rest of the year anyway, so why bother.

SMT V is the only lock. Death's Door is a strong maybe.

I'd like to get back to Animal Crossing but I doubt I'll have the time. If I do, then the DLC is a maybe.

Unless they pull something hype out of the hat just before launch, BDSP are an easy skip for me.

Others are either meh or I have no interest in revisiting them.

Initially I wasn’t interested in Pokémon BDSP but I’ve never played Gen 4 before, so I actually have come around to the idea of buying Shining Pearl. So that’s that for me.

GTA depending on reviews and port quality. Nothing else currently. Actually thinking of getting the NFS remake.

Probably going to get Pokemon.

I've never played SMT before, but that art style and the blue haired protag are really tempting me lol.

Animal Crossing DLC and SMT V, for sure

I'm mostly concerned with clearing out my backlog for now and only adding in games that I really want, like Eastward, for example

I forgot Demon Turf comes out this month. Might get that over Death's Door if it reviews well and the Switch port is fine.

Back
Top Bottom