• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Discussion November is almost here. What's on your Nintendo shopping list?

Whatcha buying?

• World War Z (November 2)

Votes: 5 2.8%
  • Animal Crossing New Horizons: Happy Home Paradise (November 5)

Votes: 66 36.5%
  • Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (November 11)

Votes: 23 12.7%
  • Grand Theft Auto Trilogy (November 11)

Votes: 52 28.7%
  • Shin Megami Tensei V (November 12)

Votes: 123 68.0%
  • Pokemon Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl (November 19)

Votes: 67 37.0%
  • Death's Door (November 23)

Votes: 29 16.0%
  • Other (comment below)

Votes: 13 7.2%

• Total voters

Magic-Man

Perseus Jackson
Pronouns
He/Him
Say goodbye to your wallets everyone, because they're sure to be empty before November is over. What are you planning to pickup?

I think it'll probably be
SMT V
Pokemon (purchased with a nso voucher)
and Animal Crossing DLC but that'll be through NSO so I'm not exactly buying it.

Pokemon. SMTV Im waiting on reviews and more impressions. Death's Door is a maybe but still looking into it. AC DLC I get with the NSO for "free" otherwise I wouldn't get it as I don't really care for designing other people's rooms.

Already got SMTV pre-ordered and most likely will pick up Pokemon at some point. Getting the AC DLC through the NSO expansion pack and want to check out KotOR too. Will wait on impressions of the Switch version of GTA Trilogy and if it runs good I may get the physical version (depending on if a download is required and how it's handled).

I got SMT V locked in but still on the fence about DP remake. Delta Episode was revealed only 1 week before ORAS's launch date and I'm waiting to see what GF and ILCA have in store for the spiky worm before jumping in.

Last edited:
SMTV is the only lock.
KOTOR depends a bit on the port. Republic Commando wasn't great at launch and I'm not sure if they ever fixed it. Might just wait for a physical release anyway.
Interested in GTA Trilogy but I'm still not exactly sure what to make of the physical release. If San Andreas (the one I want the most) is a download, I might just go for the download version anyway.
Still on the fence about BDSP, might wait for my brother's impressions.

It's empty at the moment surprisingly. I got a set of vouchers last week, used one on Metroid Dread and was planning the other for BDSP, then just to grab another set for Arceus. However, the latest BDSP trailer unsold me on the game and I just preordered Legends Arceus instead.

If we're counting DLC then I'll be getting the Animal Crossing DLC through my NSO+ plan, once I'm done with Dread I'll be jumping back into my town after a year away.

Just Pokémon. Thankfully it’s actually a slow month for me, Nintendo-wise. Maybe I’ll actually get to something in the backlog.

…Nah I’m just gonna keep playing Dread probably.

SMTV day one.
Wait & see on GTA trilogy, Death’s Door & KotoR.
BDSP down the line

Still playing through Metroid Dread

Only planning on Pokémon and Animal Crossing which will be enough to keep me busy. May check out GTA Trilogy some day.

My hunt for the OLED model continues. Meanwhile I’ve been having a huge backlog of FPS games as of late.

Voted SMT. Would probably play the hell out of GTA trilogy but I want to see how the Switch version is before purchasing.

Nothing new for me this month.

Technically, I'll get Animal Crossing DLC as part of NSO+, but I burnt out long ago and have no desire to go back.

And I may get SMTV someday, but I'm expecting to be super busy with work/life for a while so I'll save it for later.

Dang, that's a delicious list to look at. I want all and probably will get all.

Maybe couple more, in addition to the ones on the poll, I'm considering Blue Reflection 2, Wreckfest and Surviving the Aftermath. I'll be eating this holiday!

It's an crazy expensive month.

100% purchase:
  • GTA Trilogy (if the port is good)
  • SMT5
  • Death's Door

50%:
  • Pokemon (but i think i will be to busy)
  • KotoR

Animal Crossing DLC technically, but did an NSO family plan so more like "going to enjoy DLC while I can and pay $25 to own it as if/when necessary" sort of deal. I imagine either myself or my partner will get SMT V. I might get Pokemon Pearl, but who knows.

Besides that? idk, nothing really I guess.

Not buying anything at launch. Gonna pick up some releases from earlier this year during Black Friday. For Switch, probably just Monster Hunter Stories 2 (and Eastward? Though it may be too early for that to go on discount)

SMT5, Brilliant Diamond, and Shining Pearl. Also on the lookout for sales on 3D World + Bowser's Fury and Alex Kidd.

I am actually not planning on buying anything new in November. October ended up being a very expensive month for me gaming wise and Black Friday/Holiday shopping is right around the corner.

For new releases, SMT V is probably going to be my last purchase of the year. Might pick up Metroid Dread at some point since I really liked the demo, and I'll be keeping an eye out for good Black Friday deals.

I get a week of planning dream vacations for cute animals before it's time to go murder gods and demons.

Just one of the Sinnoh remakes for me. The rest of my November money will be spent on Forza Horizon 5.

The Animal Crossing DLC for sure, but I also really want to try SMTV and Pokemon will always be too tempting to me. I think I could finesse getting one as a Christmas gift and caving for the other, but I'm going to attempt to be good since I'm try to save my money.

Pokémon and that’s it. I really only have 3 games the rest of the year I’m really looking forward to across all platforms.

Thanks for the poll as I really stopped looking forward to buying games as my backlog has been getting a lot of attention lately. So I havent been anticipating anything. But if I had to buy two it would be GTA trilogy and SMT V

Just SMTV — the reason I own a Switch. Will get GTA on PS5.

It feels so weird. Persona 4 / 5 are some of my favourite games of all-time, but I have zero interest in SMTV. Maybe the reviews will tempt me...

Just Pokemon and Animal Crossing otherwise. With FH5 early access next week however, I doubt they will get much playtime.

Shin Megami Tensei V and pick up some sales from the black friday sale. I want Death's Door as well, but going to see how the sales go if they are crap then that too.

Just SMTV for new releases. Might get a few other games as well if there’s a good sale (I guess for Black Friday?)

Also going to see if they re-stock the N64 controllers and grab one of those if possible.

oh yeah, this is a good thread

I'm a little, how do you say, poor right now, but a friend let me on their family plan for Animal Crossing, and I'm going to try to snag the GTA trilogy at some point soon

Backlog and Game Pass will have me busy.

Probably the GTA Trilogy, already “bought” AC DLC thru NSO.

No to Pokémon, def waiting for reviews but it looks too janky for my tastes. Gonna hold out for legends and see if that delivers something fresh at least.

For November?
  • Animal Crossing: New Horizons - Happy Home Paradise
  • Death's Door
  • Shin Megami Tensei V
Honestly it's looking like a pretty light month for me. Especially after Aug-Oct were so jam packed. I'm sure more small stuff will get announced to fill out the month though. I'll also be picking up the Zelda G&W.

For me its pretty much just Pokemon. To be clear, if I had the extra cash, I'd get Shin Megami Tensei V and the GTA Trilogy as well, but Pokemon triggers FOMO in me like no other!

Back
Top Bottom