• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News NISA delisting six games in EU/US (eShop + PSN)

Imitatio

Founder

The following games will no longer be available on Nintendo eShop and PSN for both US and EU regions, starting at the indicated dates:
  • Demon Gaze (PS Vita) - 6/11/2023
  • GOD WARS: Future Past (PS4, PS Vita) - 6/15/2023
  • The Lost Child (PS4, PS Vita, Nintendo Switch) - 6/18/2023
  • GOD WARS: The Complete Legend (Nintendo Switch) 8/30/2023
  • NAtURAL DOCtRINE (PS3, PS4, PS Vita) - 9/29/2023
  • Demon Gaze II (PS4, PS Vita) - 11/13/2023

Kadokawa's gaming branch got split and they're probably preparing their own western publishing office. Since these games not getting patches to rename license holder, I expect them to be back published by this new brand.

(and that's how Suda51 titles are coming back)

Yeah, these are all owned by Dragami Games that was established last year from Kadokawa's gaming branch - they will most likely rerelease the games themselves.

Future Dragami Games games seem likely to come from Clouded Leopard Entertainment (like Demon Gaze Extra). They might self-publish these ones (aside from the Vita ones) but, I don't think they would for future ones given that they'd miss out on physical releases and have to pay for marketing and localization themselves.

They might self-publish these ones (aside from the Vita ones) but, I don't think they would for future ones given that they'd miss out on physical releases and have to pay for marketing and localization themselves.
God Wars is actually self-published on Steam.

i swear i remember the other games being on Steam as well with a different publisher than NISA, but i'm not seeing them on the SteamDB.

Been eyeing The Lost Child since release but never pulled the trigger. Seems as good a time as any since it's on sale for only 5$.

Been eyeing The Lost Child since release but never pulled the trigger. Seems as good a time as any since it's on sale for only 5$.
It's nothing groundbreaking, but for that price go for it. I always found funny how this is technically a sequel, rather spiritual succesor, of El Shaddai

Quoted by: Law
It's nothing groundbreaking, but for that price go for it. I always found funny how this is technically a sequel, rather spiritual succesor, of El Shaddai

I'm an SMT fan & the art seems nice, reviews were tepid but for 5$...

While I would agree that The Lost Child is overall pretty average, I did enjoy the creepy and oppressive atmosphere of the dungeons. Kinda wish they had gone 100% horror instead of dark fantasy, as I feel it would have made the game more memorable.

And man, the recent western releases of Experience games have been all over the place when it comes to publishers. You've got the Spirit Hunter series and Undernauts under Aksys, then Saviors of Sapphire Wings and Stranger of Sword City under NISA, and finally Demon Gaze on Switch under Clouded Leopard, despite the fact that most of those games are loosely connected story-wise.

Is any DLC for The Lost Child worth buying?
Or are they all just time saving consumables?
Only consumables. IIRC there is one weapon there but it's nothing special and you can find better things in game very quickly.

Back
Top Bottom