• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Nintendo Switch OLED Model Splatoon 3 Edition announced, releasing August 26th, Splatoon 3 Pro Controller and Case coming September 9th

Christo750

Source of the Right Arm
Pronouns
He/Him/His

Nobody else made a thread so I took the liberty. To be released on August 26th, approximately 2 weeks before Splatoon 3.

-Note the $10 price increase over the original OLED.
-Note the sweet Joy-Con design.

Those who think this is strange, remember Nintendo put out the Smash Ultimate Switch on November 2, over a month before the game's launch.

Also announced, a Splatoon 3 Pro Controller and Case. To be released on September 9.

Nintendo's Summer Game Mess continues!

The blue and yellow of Splatoon 3 don't quite look as aesthetically pleasing to me, as the pink and green of Splatoon 2 does.

Last edited:
I'm surprised the controller is closer to blue and yellow than purple and yellow, considering all the marketing has been closer to purple imo.

The Splatoon 3 Switch Pro Controller costs 5 bucks more, right? I could swear the normal price was 69.99, and this one is 74.99.

anigif_sub-buzz-7542-1508259993-7.gif

Honestly really like how the special edition looks, kinda tempted since I only have a launch day switch.

The joycons look like they're covered in one of those skins you can buy for $15. I vastly prefer the Splatoon 2 Switch. The pro controller is a masterpiece though. I'm definitely grabbing that.

The joycons look like they're covered in one of those skins you can buy for $15. I vastly prefer the Splatoon 2 Switch. The pro controller is a masterpiece though. I'm definitely grabbing that.
respectfully, you're crunking. they have a blended powder coat that I don't recall seeing before

Really amazing looking Switch. The second best behind the standard white oled.

Am I buying a new pro controller? Of course I am. That looks fantastic, and the pro is my favorite controller ever.

Just fix the dpad Nintendo!

So regarding old videos being made private: Is the idea so that if someone goes to YouTube and searches for something like "new Switch model", they're sure to get the actual new thing rather than a two year old video?

So glad I was feeling poor and cancelled my Sunbreak Pro Controller order!

I'm not really one for special edition consoles and definitely not one for owning extra Joy-Cons, but these Joy-Cons look amazing :love:

So regarding old videos being made private: Is the idea so that if someone goes to YouTube and searches for something like "new Switch model", they're sure to get the actual new thing rather than a two year old video?
So we actually got clarification on this from a former NoA employee (Kit Ellis), he says the videos are usually taken down due to one year licensing agreements.

Those Joy-Con are fantastic but I can't justify and OLED Model at this time. Not as sold on the pro controller as I was for the Splatoon 2 one.

Those joycons and the carrying case are beautiful. The pro looks like trash.

May have to get the carrying case since I would like to have something smaller than my giant Waterfield party case if I'm just taking the system without the dock and pro controller.

The blue and yellow of Splatoon 3 don't quite look as aesthetically pleasing to me, as the pink and green of Splatoon 2 does.

Yeah, meh, the colors don't quite work for me. Maybe because the blue is too dark to create contrast with the black body?

Guess I'll make do with my Splatoon 2 Joy-Cons and hope they hold up for another 2 or 3 years.

Looks sweet! And Nintendo once again finds a way to increase the price of the Switch that consumers will eat right up, lol.

Yes though what @ehluigi says is also true. You’ll typically see it with phone makers like Apple for instance who private old videos so people don’t search for the wrong product.

I want those Joy-Cons so bad. They’re beautiful. The whole console is great looking, IMO; one of the best SE’s I’ve seen in a while.

i would say slim to none
Yeah, I don't recall ever seeing patterned Joy-Cons both sold separately and as part of a console bundle.

Even the basic neon pink and green Joy-Cons from the Splatoon 2 set were flipped when you bought them separately, you had to get the console for a right pink IIRC (I know left green eventually released elsewhere)

So we actually got clarification on this from a former NoA employee (Kit Ellis), he says the videos are usually taken down due to one year licensing agreements.
That was an opinion, based on past experience. Temporarily removing those trailers, when announcing new hardware via a trailer, is basic search engine optimization.

Edit: Further, commercials contracts do not need to be renewed, unless they rerun the ad (i.e., if they re-uploaded it AFTER that year, they would likely need to cut checks to all parties involved. This does not pertain to previously uploaded content that exists.

Source: SAG-AFTRA (if the commercial is non-union, they can pretty much run the ad, forever, without issue, so this would really only be an issue if it is a SAG-AFTRA commercials contract).

Yeah, I don't recall ever seeing patterned Joy-Cons both sold separately and as part of a console bundle.

Even the basic neon pink and green Joy-Cons from the Splatoon 2 set were flipped when you bought them separately, you had to get the console for a right pink IIRC (I know left green eventually released elsewhere)
Only the Fortnite joy cons, I believe.

I wouldn't buy them, but I really like the look of the joycons. Have they done a gradient thing with special edition joycons before?

I'm really confused tbh. Why would they only run a Partner Showcase in June, when there is no hardware announcement to include with the First Party announcements? It doesn't make any sense to me at all.

Also, the gradient on the joycons make them look kinda cheap and tacky imho.

Back
Top Bottom