• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Nintendo hosted a Holiday Showcase for their upcoming games

the_marmolade

Quality Assurance Tester in Video Game Industry
Pronouns
He/Him
It looks like Nintendo hosted an event to showcase their games for this Holiday season. This could also indicate that Metroid Prime Remake may not be coming out this year if they hosting such an event.

The tweet seems to be deleted:
4m3138D.png

FdlIRNDXgAYVNg6.jpg

Last edited:
I'm assuming somebody was telling something about something they shouldn't have told anything about?

Posting winter holiday decorations before it's officially fall in the northern hemisphere is too beyond the pale even for Nintendo

This is interesting and worth considering, but Metroid Prime if it happens this year is probably going to be a very quick turnaround from announcement to release. Like probably 2-4 weeks out from it similar to the Mario collection. I’m not too worried it skipped here.

Also (yes I am desperately hopefully) Metroid Prime HD remaster may not have been there given it's not a new game per se

In all seriousness, this just sounds like the annual fall press summit that NoA does. I'm not getting my hopes up.

I feel there's no reason to expect Prime HD getting released this year after we just got a Direct "focusing on this holiday" and it didn't make it there.

wonder if Pokemon was there. TPCi usually plays by their own rules
But it's the only first party game to be released in this holiday season (Nov-Dec)

Otherwise this event could have been a Square-enix event rather than Nintendo.

(Direct Speculation Thread, page 369)
Tbh, the more I think about it, the more I get the feeling that Nintendo's full plans (or 99% of them) for the year have already been posted. The shitwizard game promising news soon, and the fact that the Kirby game is dropping midway into the month is giving me the vibe that another Partner Showcase is planned for September. That means three potential things for Metroid Prime HD: 1) it got delayed out of the year somehow, 2) it's a Twitter drop, or 3) it's cancelled/it never really existed. Given a lot of contracts at Retro expired back in September last year, I think 3 is by far the least likely with 2 the most likely. At this point, I think the most we're going to get from Nintendo in terms of 1st party presentations is a Zelda Direct late September.
I'm sorry everyone, I jinxed it.

Mario is holding on to three gifts; one for each Luigi, Toad and Princess Peach.

Princess Peach is holding onto one gift, for Mario.

Toad has four gifts in his pile, one each for Mario, Luigi and his liege Princess Peach, as well as Toadette.

Luigi, with the most gifts, holds five. One each for Mario, Princess Peach and Toad, as well as Princess Daisy. This leaves one gift for a mystery paramour. In this essay I will-

Back
Top Bottom