• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion Thread |ST11 Aug 2022| Everybody's 11-12 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a lot of people here would be fans of Destiny 2

FNJDbUnWYAAqJ1j.jpg

I thought XC3 would keep weebs busy for a while…
I mean this has been around a couple years and even has 2 seasons of anime(which is actually pretty good). Tho you can’t get much more anime a setup then “the spirits of legendary race horses reincarnate as the fresh souls of Girl/horse hybrids in another world”

EDIT: Someone beat me to sharing the tweet, no reason to double post. Still exciting though.

Kelios thinks it could be a full blown Pokémon Presents, which maybe wouldn't be shadow-dropped.

Makes a change in code at work

Unit tests start failing in a completely unrelated section of code, in the framework used by another product

PHP was a goddamn mistake y'all 🤦‍♂️

It's been a busy day (even though it's my day off lol), but this Pokémon Presents announcement is definitely exciting. Can't wait to watch it, even though my gaming routine is now completely taken by XC3

Life returns to Famiboards as the Xenoblade fans are forced to stop playing due to life inconveniences such as work and school. Famiboards receives a much needed bump in energy as these poor souls look to forum to provide some amount of amusement until the work day is done and they can return to Aionios lives once again.

This gives me some serious Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark vibes and that gives the few synapses of my brain that are still alive from when I was a child the heebie jeebies.
I’m almost certain that’s where it’s from

also I did not experience those as a child, yet still turned out like this

Just had a coworker text me asking to borrow $300. Super awkward.
You wanna here something fucked up?

One time one of my friends asked another one of my friends if they wanna hang out together.

They went into an electronics store. The friend who invited the other to hang out goes immediately to the mobile phone section...
He watched some of the phones for about 5 minutes....

after 5 minutes he asked his friend if he can borrow him 400 Euros for a new phone because his old one was broken. That was his idea of "hanging out".

no, I wasn't the one who needed a new phone lol

I once asked a co-worker for $5 to get lunch because I left my wallet at home and I felt awkward enough. I couldn't imagine my composure asking for three large bills.

You wanna here something fucked up?

One time one of my friends asked another one of my friends if they wanna hang out together.

They went into an electronics store. The friend who invited the other to hang out goes immediately to the mobile phone section...
He watched some of the phones for about 5 minutes....

after 5 minutes he asked his friend if he can borrow him 400 Euros for a new phone because his old one was broken. That was his idea of "hanging out".

no, I wasn't the one who needed a new phone lol
One day I hope to have a tenth of the absolute shamelessness of this person. Maybe.

When Rex, Shulk and Noah pointed fingers at each others in Xenoblade Chronicles 3 I clapped, I clapped when I saw the thing I know!

Full disclaimer: I completely made it up and I've yet to finish the game so no spoiler

When Rex, Shulk and Noah pointed fingers at each others in Xenoblade Chronicles 3 I clapped, I clapped when I saw the thing I know!

Full disclaimer: I completely made it up and I've yet to finish the game so no spoiler
When Noah looked directly at the player and said: I have become the Xenoblade Chronicles 3

4a2DKR1.jpeg

Now I know why people "main" characters in fighting games, as after games of 3, 3, and 4 ringouts in MultiVersus as Arya, I dunno that I want to play as anyone else.

So I've been thinking about Xenoblade 3 (since I'm playing it... y'know ...) and I wonder sort of how it compares to Xenoblade 2.

I came into Xenoblade 3 as an X fangirl, and I tried to condition myself to not expect Xenoblade 3 to be anything like X at all, even though the trailer and Direct showed vivid vistas and complex mechanics. Knowing that this would be - or IS - a wholly different Xenoblade experience.

So, a couple of things has struck me playing 3. One, and this was to be expected, is that it's very linear. Again, it's a different Xeno experience than X, but still. I mean, sure, it is so because the story is a journey. So how is Xenoblade 2 in this regard? Is the areas more open, and is the story more or less of a "journey", and do you backpedal and backtrack to specific places?

Another thing that I was wondering about is the scope and complexity of the battle systems. X was ridiculous in this regard, with armor and gear, Skell armor and gear, quests and reward tickets, loot, miranium, crafting, the usual arts, skills and classes and augments and division spoils... etc etc etc. But I loved that, it was more rewarding the more you understood, and really contributed well to the experience. I find 3 to be complex, and fun to dig into, but it doesn't quite reach the ridiculous intricacy of X. Does 2 fall somewhere in between, or is it closer to 3?

So I've been thinking about Xenoblade 3 (since I'm playing it... y'know ...) and I wonder sort of how it compares to Xenoblade 2.

I came into Xenoblade 3 as an X fangirl, and I tried to condition myself to not expect Xenoblade 3 to be anything like X at all, even though the trailer and Direct showed vivid vistas and complex mechanics. Knowing that this would be - or IS - a wholly different Xenoblade experience.

So, a couple of things has struck me playing 3. One, and this was to be expected, is that it's very linear. Again, it's a different Xeno experience than X, but still. I mean, sure, it is so because the story is a journey. So how is Xenoblade 2 in this regard? Is the areas more open, and is the story more or less of a "journey", and do you backpedal and backtrack to specific places?

Another thing that I was wondering about is the scope and complexity of the battle systems. X was ridiculous in this regard, with armor and gear, Skell armor and gear, quests and reward tickets, loot, miranium, crafting, the usual arts, skills and classes and augments and division spoils... etc etc etc. But I loved that, it was more rewarding the more you understood, and really contributed well to the experience. I find 3 to be complex, and fun to dig into, but it doesn't quite reach the ridiculous intricacy of X. Does 2 fall somewhere in between, or is it closer to 3?

The main 3 Xenoblade games are a lot more linear compared to X but you still have a ton of room to explore. Xenoblade 2 is broken up into different titans. Regions essentially. You'll be taken to a new titan, do some story stuff, follow a mostly linear path until you get the main town. Then you have time to explore and do side stuff. I'm making it sound a lot more linear than it actually is. Just imagine the different regions in X broken up and you have to progress to each one linearly.

As for the battle system, it's similar to 3s but you only have three characters on the field as once. However, each character can have up to three blades with them that each have up to 4 arts. Think of it like swapping classes in mid battle. Xenoblade 2 wants you to get pretty combo heavy, especially towards the end. Stuff like break, topple, daze, launch. That is the best way to do damage towards the end. It can get pretty complex.

TIL Jack Black played his first role in the first Pitfall commercial, wow!

Steam Deck email came in, purchased and waiting. It's a whopping $550 CAD because of import fees. This is for the 64GB one btw. I'm saving money by just running off a 1TB SD card.

While there isn’t a whole lot of games coming out on switch this month and Nintendo themselves don’t have anything coming out. We still got:​

Two Point Campus: August 9

Pac Man World Re Pac: August 26

Prinny Presents NIS Classics Volume 3: August 30

And the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles the Cowabunga Collection on the same day.

B740B442-7AE9-412A-AA71-C5098868C160.png
755C2397-6255-418B-96AC-26D467E4361B.png
403267F3-02FA-4A04-A5A6-0CA1F169EA5B.png
8F0B3375-F7E4-455B-B9B4-FE5A595725D0.png

And of course, Mario Kart 8 Booster Course Pass Wave 2 on August 4

IMG_0314.jpg

And of course plenty of games that have come out already that you can play. cough*Xenoblade*cough.

Now, let’s all have a mag-neighficient time shitposting and hanging out!

IMG_0315.jpg

IMG_0293.webp
I think August is packed if you're a fan of indie games. I'm gonna check out Frogun, Cult of the Lamb, Cursed to Golf and A Walk with Yiayia at the least and that's not factoring in potential indie world shadowdrops.

Tinykin also releases this month and I know many have their eyes on that.

Nintendo may also have a release for August with the new Kirby game.

I think August is packed if you're a fan of indie games. I'm gonna check out Frogun, Cult of the Lamb, Cursed to Golf and A Walk with Yiayia at the least and that's not factoring in potential indie world shadowdrops.

Nintendo may also have a release for August with the new Kirby game.
I was really trying to find a lot but didn’t know what all would interest everybody

Contributing to the horsing around with some local lore:

Blucifer_Sculpture.png

This is Blucifer the demon horse, and he guards the entrance to the Denver airport. He's said to be cursed, and killed his creator when part of him fell on the sculptor during construction.

As a local, you are required to salute Blucifer whenever you drive to or from the airport, lest his red eye lasers smite you in your blasphemy
Okay I may have made that last part up

Contributing to the horsing around with some local lore:

Blucifer_Sculpture.png

This is Blucifer the demon horse, and he guards the entrance to the Denver airport. He's said to be cursed, and killed his creator when part of him fell on the sculptor during construction.

As a local, you are required to salute Blucifer whenever you drive to or from the airport, lest his red eye lasers smite you in your blasphemy
Okay I may have made that last part up
Fellow Coloradan and Blucifer supporter here. I give him the one finger salute every time I enter DIA.

I thought it was a joke but Ryan Reynolds actually bought Wrexham??? Holy shit, this is awesome haha!

I’m gonna attempt a game tomorrow but it will be a few quick games at either fortnite or fall guys. Nothing long like Xenoblade and it will be docked with a controller.

My hand has been fine today as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom