• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST27 December 2023| Have a Cuppa with Your Fami

Choose wisely!

• Tea

• Coffee

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
nintendo needs to make a good ass popeye game idk who owns the license just make one
They're currently owned by Restaurant Brands International, which I just discovered is based out of Toronto. Which is weird because they're supposed to be synonymous with Louisiana. 🤷

nintendo needs to make a good ass popeye game idk who owns the license just make one
WB co owns the IP with Paramount which makes it tricky for the cartoon to make a comeback. Probably the reason Sony nixed the feature movie they were making a few years back.

The Man Who Erased His Meme

Oh no, shit, wrong thread. Nvm.

I'm not big on either tea or coffee but I'll take coffee if given to me.

So in Sweden, coffee is a huge part of the teacher profession.

My first work practice school was like:

My supervisor: Do you drink coffee?

Me: No, I will never ever go near that disgusting stuff.

My supervisor let out a small laugh and gave me a “just-you-wait” look.

I like both tea and coffee.

But coffee is for waking me up in the morning, and suffering through long work meetings.

If I'm visiting my family, chilling on the sofa reading separate books or half watching an Agatha Christie movie or something, I'm drinking tea.

So I'm team tea in the cosythread

campaign_nespresso-20151102043438155.jpg

I don't like coffee or tea so no cup of anything for me, I guess.

As for the "cozy" game I generally don't have one it's just usually whatever game I'm currently into, however late December I usually play some type of SRPG so in a way that genre has a "Christmas" spirit to me. The main reason for that is I get very deep into them, and it distracts me from being COLD

Lmao, lots of right wing voter regret here in Holland. After massively voting for Geert Wilders who is strongly opposing immigration, farmers who voted for him are suddenly worried about losing their foreign workforce.

Well well well, if it isn't the Leopards Eating People's Faces Party coming into full effect.

Lmao, lots of right wing voter regret here in Holland. After massively voting for Geert Wilders who is strongly opposing immigration, farmers who voted for him are suddenly worried about losing their foreign workforce.

Well well well, if it isn't the Leopards Eating People's Faces Party coming into full effect.

I know, this sounds evil ... but democracy only works if the general population of a country has a "you gotta be at least this smart and understand how your countrys voting system. politics and govermential legislative periods work" requirement.

And we had too many recent examples of this.

Boy, do i not look forward to the next general election in Germany. So many idiots here... so many.

I know, this sounds evil ... but democracy only works if the general population of a country has a "you gotta be at least this smart and understand how your countrys voting system. politics and govermential legislative periods work" requirement.
The solution to problems caused by a ruling class of the corporate elite is not more elitist, anti-democratic policies

The solution to problems caused by a ruling class of the corporate elite is not more elitist, anti-democratic policies

1. I didn't say that would be a solution, i said this is the reason why fuck ass right wing bastards win more and more elections in many countries.

2. If anything, a lesson being drawn from my statement would be: MORE EDUCATION. Not "let only a couple of people do the voting" ... that's certainly one way to look at it...

3. I don't fancy myself as someone who's suited to come up with a solution that would be worthy of the Nobel Peace Price

... Dunno what's going on right now where my posts are being misunderstood to such degree ... maybe it's time i take a break.

2) What is your favourite cosy video game?
I'm just gonna answer this now before I forget to do so. If I had to pick just one, it would be Bloodborne for me. When it first came out, I barely played anything else for the rest of the year, and when the DLC hit, I continued playing little else for another 5-6 months solid. I must have played through the game more than a dozen times in that period alone, and I still replayed it at least once a year until I put my PS4 into storage recently.

I know this game inside out. It's the cosiest Kos-iest video game to ever exist.

tumblr_oxs6wyxIss1vzel59o2_500.gif

Gonna have to answer the community questions before I forget.

1) What is your favourite hot beverage?

One of my favourite restaurants has a chili hot chocolate that is amazing during the cold months. My girlfriend and I always try to go once a year so it's kind of a "special" drink for us.

Other than that, I'm very much a coffee person since my university days but I've luckily reduced my intake by a lot.

Probably Breath of the Wild. For a long time it was the game I'd launch just to walk and mess around for a few minutes here and there. The sense of melancholy and loneliness has yet to be replicated. I don't think any game really comes close in this regard, for me at least.

Probably Breath of the Wild. For a long time it was the game I'd launch just to walk and mess around for a few minutes here and there. The sense of melancholy and loneliness has yet to be replicated. I don't think any game really comes close in this regard, for me at least.
I hate to admit but this is probably mine as well. I kept trying to think about an old comfort food game that I go back to when I need to feel warm but I don't really replay games a lot so nothing proper came to mind. But BotW is the one game where while I was playing it I'd meander just for its own sake, look at the landscape, ride my horse so I could look around without having to steer where I'm going..

Yeah I don't think any other game has really done that, except maybe maybe the Xenoblades to some extent but they're more "whoaaa" than cozy. So yeah. Samesies.

One of my favourite restaurants has a chili hot chocolate that is amazing during the cold months. My girlfriend and I always try to go once a year so it's kind of a "special" drink for us.
That sounds rad as hell, gotta try it sometime! Hopefully they have it in my area.

Coffee or Tea? Yes. But sometimes, I think you need to narrow it down.

During my stay in NYC, I drank A LOT of coffee. But towards the end, I did not hesitate to pay through my nose for an almost authentic cup of Singaporean coffee. Even though it is more than 500% the cost it was at home and that it is supposed to be brewed with lower grade Robusta beans than the Arabica ones. I just missed the taste of home, dammit!

The answer might be coffee. BUT WHAT COFFEE?!

Finished my first path in Octopath 2, Throné, or the Greatest Character Ever, and my lead character for the game. Having a grand old time with this one, and have the remaining final chapters to do. but I'm assuming the game will open up more chapters to follow up on threads from earlier in the game when characters doubled up for brief snippets.

Hiya! I’m new here. Saw the November thread near the end but wanted to wait til a fresh new thread to chime in with my first post. Currently playing Baldur’s Gate 3 and gonna pick up Dragon Quest Monsters today.

Hiya! I’m new here. Saw the November thread near the end but wanted to wait til a fresh new thread to chime in with my first post. Currently playing Baldur’s Gate 3 and gonna pick up Dragon Quest Monsters today.
Welcome aboard!

Welcome to the hubbub of this hub, @tuskoub! I hope you find us odd yet mysteriously delightful.

What is your favourite cosy video game?
I have a bunch, but my current cozy game is Tears of the Kingdom. I venture out into the Hyrulian wilderness, forage for fruits and mushrooms, dive for fish, and hunt animals before going to the nearest cookpot and whipping up a few meals.

When I had a DS, my go-to was Rune Factory 3. I farm and cook and craft and interact with the lovable weirdoes in town. It’s relaxing.

And we had too many recent examples of this.

Boy, do i not look forward to the next general election in Germany. So many idiots here... so many.
Reducing education and restricting access to information that might inform younger voters (or soon to be voters) in particular has been the Republican playbook forever, so I’m all in favor of more education. We are in dire need of more education funding and program expansion, and stopping the restrictive bullshit in states like Florida. At least here in the US.

Great new thread @MissingNo., thanks a whole lot ! The cozy vibe is on point !

1) What is your favourite hot beverage?

In terms of taste, maybe an hot cocoa... but I have to say tea here, just because of the "sippability length", it's very hot so in the winter it's great because you can enjoy the warmth for a longer time

It's a tie between Stardew Valley and Planet Coaster, two games that I love to play in the winter because they calm me and give me a sense of great comfort that no other video game can.

my steam deck came and honestly it’s friggin awesome for emulation…anyone know if it’s possible to get old pc games running on it?

This is not the first time I've been sent this, it may not be the last, but by god every time watch it I have to let it loop at least ten times to let it magically scratch that itch in my brain I have 😂

First Squirtle alive to spit fiyah 🔥🔥🔥

The melody is easy enough to play on sax, the hard part is dancing to the rhythm

E: I JUST NOTICED FOR THE FIRST TIME HE'S PLAYING A TENOR SAX FUCK YEAH BUD

This is not the first time I've been sent this, it may not be the last, but by god every time watch it I have to let it loop at least ten times to let it magically scratch that itch in my brain I have 😂

First Squirtle alive to spit fiyah 🔥🔥🔥

The melody is easy enough to play on sax, the hard part is dancing to the rhythm

E: I JUST NOTICED FOR THE FIRST TIME HE'S PLAYING A TENOR SAX FUCK YEAH BUD
have you seen the one of Gandalf just nodding his head?

Check it out! A full 3D Platformer game from Curiomatic inspired by Sonic. Kickstarter coming up this February. It’s looking to be a good season for people who want a “Sonic Adventure 3” between this, Project Feline, Sonic Dream Team, Penny’s Big Breakaway, and Sonic P-06 lol.

Check it out! A full 3D Platformer game from Curiomatic inspired by Sonic. Kickstarter coming up this February. It’s looking to be a good season for people who want a “Sonic Adventure 3” between this, Project Feline, Sonic Dream Team, Penny’s Big Breakaway, and Sonic P-06 lol.

hooooooooly cow yesssssssss
please bring this and Spark The Electric Jester 3 to Switch please ffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom