• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST14 Nov 2022| Comfy And Easy To Wear

• Thread starter Deleted member 2
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
the only reason fun club is seeing any scrutiny at all is because it's a change

we didn't name rusty's real deals (rip), pokemon center, warp zone, or bonus levels

Second day of physical therapy went well. Tried some new things and got a new way to hold my switch and deck I'll be trying now too

Miss anything besides the indie world?

I mostly only play games that use a mouse and keyboard on a computer

I can't imagine playing cities skylines or getting really into minecraft on a controller

@bellydrum that's disingenuous. The full quote was:

"We could rename it Fun Club, give it a different new name, or even revert it to Shitpost / Koopa Poopa but the central problem will remain: it's subjective what it should be used for. Which means people are always likely to use it in a way that others find "inappropriate". So instead, just get rid of it, and all the "weekend Era"-style threads that tend to use it can just go without a tag."

Not saying that you needed to go with my suggestion - no one really responded to it so it was probably not that popular. But I do think having a couple of people throwing out suggestions and just picking one is not the best way of getting community input
okay but that’s less funny

I do get that it's a reference but I think (a) removed from its context "fun club" sounds kinda like what a child would name their club, (b) I don't think everything on the board needs to be a reference, and (c) I think it's a real shame that community input wasn't sought on the final decision
I know you said you were done with this particular line of conversation, which is perfectly fine, and there's no need to respond. Just dropping this here for posterity.

Regarding not everything needing to be a reference: I wholeheartedly agree with you. We do have three other thread tags that we're planning to finally implement soon, with hopes that the community will find them useful, and none of them are set to incorporate any Nintendo / gaming references. In the thread soliciting the community's suggestions, multiple members expressed sentiment that thread tags should, first and foremost, convey their meaning clearly, and staff are in agreement with that.

Speaking on Garbage Galaxy becoming Fun Club, and community input: it's obviously quite subjective, and we're aware not everyone will agree that we settled on the best possible proposed renaming. That said, no doors have been permanently shut. The tag suggestion thread is still open, and shall remain so for the foreseeable future. If the community makes it known they think "Fun Club" stinks, we'll definitely listen, and adjust accordingly. For the time being, we at least hope it can be considered a welcome improvement over "Garbage Galaxy".

Better to have loved and lost a CRT monitor

Than never to have loved a CRT monitor at all

😭

@hologram one of the first things I played on my steam deck was dead space but I would find a favorite console game and see if it has good mods
one of the first holograms I played on my legion deck was prime space

words have lost coherence in my skullborne soup

time to finally become a nun and join the Nuntendo Nun Club

hummus hummus hummus hummus
hummus hummus hummus hummus

does anybody know of a site that has collected official nintendo concept art? Or maybe for games in general but including nintendo?

At long last my love of Springsteen and Nintendo finally converge

When we all become members of the Nintendo Born To Run Club

(not featuring Sonic)

If my next 400 posts (including this one) can accummulate 1,084 Yeah!s, I'll finally achieve the ever elusive 2.00 Yeah!:Post ratio.

This will have absolute zero bearing on my life here nor in reality. Not positively nor negatively affect my daily outlook when I wake up in the mornings. Dang though, what a cool and exclusive group to be a part of.

So cool that the people who are already a part of it don't even acknowledge it.

...which is probably why I'll always be stuck at 1.89 forever augh

Sorry y'all but I have to get rid of FamiGold
c10.png

Holy shit that's the worst sad mario I've seen yet lol
I'mma come clean here

I genuinely enjoy reading and re-reading the pics that go hard thread semi-regularly (like every two or three weeks), and I had just come away from the last page back to this thread so it was a super easy link to go back and grab ahaha

I seemed to read on twitter that today Nintendo at the investor meeting has confirmed that the successor to Switch will be backward compatible, is this true? Thanks.

On the other hand, I haven't found the usual Q&A round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom