• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST 13 Oct 2022| Our First Famiversary!

Which of the following October games will you be buying?

• Persona 5 Royal

Votes: 117 37.7%
  • Bayonetta 3

Votes: 181 58.4%
  • Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope

Votes: 122 39.4%
  • NieR:Automata The End Of YoRHa Edition

Votes: 123 39.7%
  • None of the above

Votes: 48 15.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sup.

I finished Xenoblade 3 while I was on an impromptu break. 150ish hours and a good amount of fun.

Now I can move onto smaller games!

Super Mario 64 (my favorite) can rent a fuckin car
LameBouncyLadybird-max-1mb.gif

Super Mario Sunshine is now at the age I was when I posted on Facebook about "Sometimes when I'm lying in bed, I think "Shit, I'm 20 now"" as a point of feeling old.

At 31 everytime I see that in my memories I wish I could go back and either sigh at myself or give a smack upside the head.

Your favorite videogames are old because you are old
2Kk.gif

People who pretend to like games that were released before they were born make me sick.

Yes, this 90s baby's favourite game is SMB3, why do you ask?

you just turned into a 30+ year old nintendo fan, I can't be the only one left bro please
Being 30+ isn't so bad. You don't have to go out at night ever, you can just ignore new trends and you start to learn all sorts of new stuff about yardwork and housework.

Dunno about my favourite video game, but in my favourite genre of video games, I would be considered an old fart with grey hair in my late twenties.

However, in real life I am still young, and only my beard has partially turned grey. So take that, video games!

after getting into it this summer 64 has become my favorite 3D Mario

nothing else controls like it
That's what I love about it! The trick jumps and directional changes feel much easier for me to pull off. I love Odyssey but I played it back-to-back with 64 for the 35th anniversary and I just kept goofing things up in Odyssey while 64 felt more controllable. The side flip and backflip in particular feel much more satisfying.

Your favorite videogames are old because you are old
Oh yeah? How do you explain my favorite 3D Zelda being Skyward Sword, huh?

not sure how accurate an assumption it is but I attribute a lot of older fans' mii/wii resentment to stuff like this
It definitely didn't help, imo. The ubiquitousness of the Mii caused a lot of unwarranted animosity towards them. They've sadly become emblematic of an era of Nintendo some people absolutely detest. For some reason people can't appreciate them for what they are.

That's what I love about it! The trick jumps and directional changes feel much easier for me to pull off. I love Odyssey but I played it back-to-back with 64 for the 35th anniversary and I just kept goofing things up in Odyssey while 64 felt more controllable. The side flip and backflip in particular feel much more satisfying.

Oh yeah? How do you explain my favorite 3D Zelda being Skyward Sword, huh?

A 10-year old who played Skyward Sword on Wii is now getting a drunk at a cager in college old man.

A 10-year old who played Skyward Sword on Wii is now getting a drunk at a cager in college old man.
There's only been one mainline Zelda since then, though. Skyward Sword is the second-newest Zelda.

It's not my fault game development takes forever now. 😅

Hell, if I'da picked BotW, a 10-year old who played that game would be getting drunk at a rager in high school right now. 🤣

at least I assume that's what high schoolers do, as I was not cool enough to be invited to anything like that

Replaying Kid Icarus Uprising has reminded me how good it is, even better than I remembered!

I need to resist the urge to try stages at high intensities though, that's what got me stuck replaying levels instead of progressing with the story last time I played it...

There's only been one mainline Zelda since then, though. Skyward Sword is the second-newest Zelda.

It's not my fault game development takes forever now. 😅

Hell, if I'da picked BotW, a 10-year old who played that game would be getting drunk at a rager in high school right now. 🤣

Your bad back and creeky legs don't care how many mainline Zelda have been released since then.

strongly disagree
Super Mario 64 dares to ask the bold question: what if every level felt like an annoying ice level?

(I kid, partially, obviously the game's doing something right for it to get so much praise over its controls but that's more or less what it felt like for me)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom