• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo eShop |ST Nov. 2023|

fights in tight spaces is 50% on the EU eshop atm, complete edition with DLC comes in at £12.59 so I may well grab that.

Thank you! How about ... Goblin Sword, Lost in Random, or Unbox: Newbie's Adventure?

I started playing Lost in Random earlier this year. I've put it aside for now, not for any particular reason, but the world is quite interesting and the port is solid.

Goblin Sword I've played for a few hours and it's quite a fun platformer with satisfying hack and slash combat. I haven't finished it yet - just another game that got buried in my backlog.

Don't know Unbox.

I started playing Lost in Random earlier this year. I've put it aside for now, not for any particular reason, but the world is quite interesting and the port is solid.

Goblin Sword I've played for a few hours and it's quite a fun platformer with satisfying hack and slash combat. I haven't finished it yet - just another game that got buried in my backlog.

Don't know Unbox.
Thank you so much for the info! Last three: Cleo - a pirate's tale, inbento, subsurface circular?

Thank you so much for the info! Last three: Cleo - a pirate's tale, inbento, subsurface circular?

inbento is a very cool puzzle game that'll make you hungry if you like Japanese food. I still need to finish all the puzzles, though.

Subsurface Circular is another game I need to get back to. You're a robot detective investigating someone's disappearance and from what I played the narrative is really engaging. Why didn't I continue? Not sure, but it's a good game, and it has stellar reviews.

Haven't played Cleo.

These are some bargains I'd recommend - AU prices listed

https://www.dekudeals.com/items/lofi-ping-pong

https://www.dekudeals.com/items/atomik-rungunjumpgun

Celeste is only 5€! Only until november 27.

This one rarely goes on sale, you all must act quickly.

Nuclear Blaze is also half price at the moment. It’s not a long game (I cleared it in about 2 hours, but new game + opens up new areas) but it is really good and with a cool story/atmosphere.

Thanks for posting about In Stars and Time! I'd never heard of it and it looks right up my alley, I've been looking for something with roguelite elements that appeals to me since getting hooked on Dicey Dungeons last year. Which is now one of my all time favorites.

The game continues to get great reviews, I'm surprised to see ten reviews already for an indie RPG.

Ultra Kaiju monster rancher finally gotten. Grabbed this way madness lies on the price error.
Only other things tempting me are:
Chtullu saves christmas
Gigawrecker Alt
Ace Angler fishing spirits.

Born of Bread is out December 5th and looks like a very enjoyable Paper Mario-esque game with enough of its own unique stuff going on to be compelling in its own right, much like UnderHero and Bug Fables.

This oven mitts-on preview got me pretty hyped for it, but I'm waiting to see if the reviews give it some loaf.

Hmmm, Trying to decide on Ace Angler, Gigawrecker alt, ninja warriors again, Chtullu saves Christmas and wild guns reloaded

Pictopull update: It's alright. The puzzles are probably just as good as Pushmo, but the lack of charm in the character design and too floaty physics make everything feel slightly less joyful. I've been playing the game with my Switch on mute, so cannot comment on the music, but based on the trailer it's probably nothing special. It's still worth checking out if you enjoyed the Pushmo games, and not very expensive (currently €3.99 on eshop and €1.99 on Steam). The game is clearly made by a small team, and I congratulate them on the effort.

Bought a couple of games on the current sale (Portal Collection, The Case of the Golden Idol, Cocoon, Patrick's Parabox, and the Indiana Jones pinball board on FX3).

But which is the best, if I only should get one of them: Shovel Knight Dig or Shovel Knight Pocket Dungeon?

Bought a couple of games on the current sale (Portal Collection, The Case of the Golden Idol, Cocoon, Patrick's Parabox, and the Indiana Jones pinball board on FX3).

But which is the best, if I only should get one of them: Shovel Knight Dig or Shovel Knight Pocket Dungeon?
I much preferred Dig, but I think it depends which genre you prefer really- both are really fun takes on what they do.

I picked up Celeste, finally. I’ve got mixed feelings on it really. It’s rare for me to abandon a game once I’m past the first act but I’ve pretty much just abandoned it on chapter 5. I like the characters and story but this kind of ‘die thousands of times trying to do the thing!’ just isn’t for me. When the note ‘if you die a lot it means you’re learning!’ came up, I decided that, no, I just wasn’t having fun and went to play something more enjoyable instead. The controls are great, but I just don’t find the core gameplay particularly enjoyable, so to each their own on this one. I can see why it’s popular though- it’s very polished, and the drive onwards is well paced. It’s just not for me.

I picked up Celeste, finally. I’ve got mixed feelings on it really. It’s rare for me to abandon a game once I’m past the first act but I’ve pretty much just abandoned it on chapter 5. I like the characters and story but this kind of ‘die thousands of times trying to do the thing!’ just isn’t for me. When the note ‘if you die a lot it means you’re learning!’ came up, I decided that, no, I just wasn’t having fun and went to play something more enjoyable instead. The controls are great, but I just don’t find the core gameplay particularly enjoyable, so to each their own on this one. I can see why it’s popular though- it’s very polished, and the drive onwards is well paced. It’s just not for me.

You can tinker with the difficulty to make it a bit less punishing if you wanted to see it through, that’s what I ended up doing (Too old and less time to spend on replay a section of a game over and over haha)

You can tinker with the difficulty to make it a bit less punishing if you wanted to see it through, that’s what I ended up doing (Too old and less time to spend on replay a section of a game over and over haha)
I tried that, but ultimately didn’t think it was worth it for me. I could kinda see where it was going that I didn’t want to spend another hour or two going through the motions in easy mode even if that would have been vastly preferable to grinding it out as it is, even if I liked the characters. Still, I only paid £4.50 for it and it gave me a solid evenings entertainment before I dipped- I’ll keep an eye out for their next game (Earthblade?) for sure.

Has anyone played Subnautica on Switch? I was just about to pick a game under 10€ along with Neon White, and I'm tempted by this one.

I know it's a beloved game on PC, I just want to know if the Switch version has any important drawback. If it's fine, I mean perfectly playable and enjoyable, I'll bite!

Last edited:
Has anyone played Subnautica on Switch? I was just about to pick a game under 10€ along with Neon White, and I'm tempted by this one.
I did, pretty good port. An absolute time sinker, as it's always the case with base builders. The game gets pretty creepy at times too.

It happens! At least you appreciated what Celeste is going for. I'm also looking forward to Earthblade.
Oh totally! I look at it that I play maybe 10-15 games a year. I probably look at a couple of hundred, mostly based on what people mention on Fami, but the vast majority of beloved games I skip, as I know they aren’t for me. I reckon a lot of people do. I know my tastes pretty well after nearly 40 years of gaming, so it’s rare for me to pick up something and not finish it, but it happens. I’m the same with various rpgs once I realise that I’m just not interested enough in the payoff to commit several dozen more hours to finish it, and at least Celeste was pacey and fairly short!

Anyone taking a punt on Highlands Song next week? That Edge 9 and the 10% off pre-order price on the shop has me tempted.
Maybe. I've really liked Inkle's earlier games, especially Heaven's Vault, and this one looks (and sounds!) promising.

I'm also between games and none of the ones I've already bought but haven't played feel interesting at the moment (shouldn't have bought them in the first place, I know).

Tried the Chants of Sennaar demo and bought it, gonna finish it later
It has an interesting puzzle concept, basically you find symbols/glyphs in the environment or in dialogue bubbles, and you can write a note with your guesses about their meanings. Some puzzles need you to have figured out some of the meanings. When you have enough clues, you unlock a drawing with slots for the glyphs, so you can verify their meanings. The guessed or verified meanings are automatically shown when you encounter a glyph again

The art style is cool too

@undefined, I couldn't tell well from the screens I found, is that a first person or third person game?

In other news, read this article about Sanabi. Sounds like an excellent platformer. Has anyone played it?

I’ve been looking forward to this for ages, I didn’t even realise it was out on Switch yet

@undefined, I couldn't tell well from the screens I found, is that a first person or third person game?

Exploration is in third-person, isometric-ish

Some stuff pop up in the screen after interacting with them so maybe that makes the screenshots seem like a mix of perspectives

Rad! Is it violent at all, blood type stuff, or family friendly?
You mostly fight robots or machines so it's not too bad in that certain aspect, but there is a story reason for seeing
blood and a ton of dead bodies. Also depending on what ending you get one can be very heavy in that aspect if you do get it. Both of these points are very lateish game.
This game is actually very story heavy and one of the main points is the city is having people killed/committing suicide so unsure how well that will fly for your suggestion there since I'm unsure of your audience that may watch/play this with you. Also, super early on the motivation for the main character is shown and I can see it causing a strong reaction to younger players or perhaps just sensitive people in general due to what happens and to who at that point in the story.

Nothing seems overly gruesome to me but of course different tolerate levels.

Last edited:
Thank you Pineapple! Appreciate the info. Wishing you all an enjoyable weekend of indie gaming!

Back
Top Bottom