• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Nintendo Direct: Partner Showcase on 2/21 at 6am PT/3 pm CET, 25 minutes, on-demand, focus on Switch games for h1 2024 (No Spoilers)

Will SEGA bring F-Zero GX Remastered to the Partner Showcase?

• Yes!

Votes: 19 15.6%
  • No.

Votes: 60 49.2%
  • Falcon Punch!

Votes: 24 19.7%
  • Shut up, MissingNo.!

Votes: 19 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nintendo just shot themselves in the foot! This tweet might be the biggest insult by a major gaming company in the past decade. I literally screamed "FUCK YOU" at my screen. I knew there was no expectation it would be a General Direct but the discourse created made me think they were just going to surprise us with it anyway. Absolutely unacceptable to do this to us. Once they knew about the news, they should've cancelled the tweet

Troll post?

I wanted to like XI so bad with how people talked about it but even though I tried 3 times and even tried playing as far as like halfway into the first act I never could get into it

doesn't help that I hated the music and thought it was super repetitive and the silent protagonist sucked all the air out of every serious scene

never played any other games in the series though so don't have any opinion on them
DQ is like the shittiest RPG to come out of Japan these days. I lied, it's a tie between Trails and DQ. you know how Pokemon gets all the vitriol from forum goers? that's what I feel about those two :LOL:

My expectations are at rock bottom for this, so I’ll just be happy if anything catches my eye. I’m definitely worried Nintendo might have next to nothing new to announce until the next system, though; before we knew this would be a partner, I had faith we’d at least get some new remasters like Prime 2 and 3, but given they’ve opted to go this route, the Switch looks pretty dead in the water. Couple that with the delay of the next system, we might be in for a rough year first-party-wise. Hope I’m wrong and we get some substantial stuff before June / September.

I'm expecting to purchase probably 80% of content at least. I have a sickness.
Same here. I don't think there was a single game I didn't buy in the last partner Showcase in 2022.

Except Lorlei and Laser Eyes of course. Still waiting for that one.

DQ is like the shittiest RPG to come out of Japan these days. I lied, it's a tie between Trails and DQ. you know how Pokemon gets all the vitriol from forum goers? that's what I feel about those two :LOL:

eh as someone that's played through every Trails game that's been officially localized i'd be lying if I said that the Cold Steel games weren't a struggle to get through at times even with a strong existing attachment to the series but I still think the Sky and Crossbell games are some of the best games i've ever played

I am sensing, I am really sensing,, and I am gonna TELL!
Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth
Tekken 8
Grand Blue Fantasy Relink
Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth
Dragon's Dogma 2
Rise of the Ronin
ALL WILL NOT BE FEATURED in this Partner Showcase.

I'm looking forward to the reaction & criticism as optimistic as possible.
No need to serve the ketchup when your main dishes are not showing up, nintendo, no need.

Took me a little while to get into their content. I think initially they went too heavy with the podcasts, but I like their shorter videos a lot. Ever since Jon joined them they've been pumping out killer content.

Xenosaga HD Trilogy would be extremely nice!

i've never played them and as a fan of the Xenoblade series would be very interested in doing so but I can't help but feel a little pang of fear at this point with any Bandai Namco port at the thought of seeing how they would mess it up

Gonna wait and see if P3Reload gets announced before I continue my P3Portable playthrough.
chuckle.gif

Dragon Quest isn't for everyone, and it might just not be for you.

However, as a nearly lifelong fan of the series, XI is one of the weakest mainline Dragon Quest games imo. The hype for it is vastly overblown.

Based. DQXI is like generic DQ, it has nothing special that makes it stand out from the other games. Even the graphics look a bit like they hired that man, they're pretty, but kinda boring.

Still, a weak DQ is still an amazing game, loved it, bought it twice lol

yeah when a JRPG gets a lot of hype if I do end up trying it out I tend to end up enjoying it so I kept thinking it would eventually click for me if I kept trying but it just never did

Try DQVIII or V, if you don't like those, then the series isn't for you.

speaking of old games it would be nice to finally get a release date on those Suikoden remasters

another old series i'm interested in but never did get around to trying out

June 2022 wording
roughly 25 minutes of info on upcoming third-party

Feb 2023 wording
around 25 mins of info focused on #NintendoSwitch games coming in the first half of 2024 from our publishing and development partners.

Dev partners may include 2nd party Nintendo published software. Also note the emphasis on first half of 2024 and no reference to a timeframe in the 2022 direct.

Well, there it is!

The rumor mill surrounding this one is pretty interesting to my tastes. A Penny's Big Breakaway shadowdrop would be a great thing to wake up to, and I had a lot of fun with Endless Ocean on Wii but never played the second one, so I'd be down for that. Not to mention it being a first party title!I'm down for some of those.

I don't know if I'm gonna wake up early for this, but I'm interested to tune in!

Didn’t we get a Hyrule warriors and cadence of Hyrule out these back in the past
I am sensing, I am really sensing,, and I am gonna TELL!
Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth
Tekken 8
Grand Blue Fantasy Relink
Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth
Dragon's Dogma 2
Rise of the Ronin
ALL WILL NOT BE FEATURED in this Partner Showcase.

I'm looking forward to the reaction & criticism as optimistic as possible.
No need to serve the ketchup when your main dishes are not showing up, nintendo, no need.
Of course they won’t announce Tekken 8. They’ll announce Tekken tag tourney 3 with exclusive switch launch.

Or better yet Master Sword by team Soulcalibur

I wish I could understand the hype behind Penny's Big Break Away. The footage we have from the game doesn't look very good to me. I know it's from the same guys as Sonic Mania but like, those are two completely different genres, I'm not sure that guarantees quality.

The “focusing on H1” in Nintendo Direct-speak means it’ll still go through August and maybe have a fall game in there, too. So I wouldn’t worry about that.

And this is where we diverge. I will feed you to the fishes.
I will feed you to the...King Slimes?

While I do agree with you, I do feel like there's a chance that they mentioned it here because this was the first Mini they had ever done so they were just describing what these events could contain! I'm sure by the time the first one aired, they already had plans for what other ones in 2020 would have, including Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity! :D
I don't think AoC was revealed in a Partner Showcase, it was a Twitter reveal:

Though they have featured games like Cadence of Hyrule, Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes, and Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope in previous Partner Showcases. But some key things to keep in mind:
  1. Those games were previously announced in other events (an Indie World for Cadence of Hyrule, Feb. 2022 Direct for Three Hopes and Ubisoft E3 2021 event for Sparks of Hope).
  2. Those games are published by a 3rd party publisher in at least one region (Cadence of Hyrule is published by Spike Chunsoft in Japan, Three Hopes is published by Koei Tecmo in Japan, and Sparks of Hope is published by Ubisoft in the US).
I wouldn't expect something like a mainline Fire Emblem or Kirby to be announced in a Partner Showcase, despite those technically being developed by companies that aren't owned by Nintendo. Intelligent Systems and HAL Labs have both worked with Nintendo on those franchises since the beginning and are co-owners of their respective franchises with Nintendo. So they aren't really seen as 3rd party collaborations like Fire Emblem Warriors or Mario + Rabbids, where it's a completely separate 3rd party mixing in one of their IPs with a Nintendo IP.

Something like Fire Emblem: Three Houses or The Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap is a bit of a grey area. Those are mainline games in their franchises, but they are mostly developed by outside 3rd parties (Koei Tecmo for 3H, and Capcom for Minish Cap). We've never seen these types of games announced in a Partner Showcase, so I'm inclined to believe they aren't eligible until proven otherwise.

Now that I remember the last Partner Direct, I actually hope Bamco announces PAC-MAN World 2 Re-Pac (or whatever they want to call it lol) cause I really liked playing that last year.

This could have quite a few good gets. Of course Xbox stuff will show up here but I'm talking about surprises.

I will feed you to the...King Slimes?

I don't think AoC was revealed in a Partner Showcase, it was a Twitter reveal:

Though they have featured games like Cadence of Hyrule, Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes, and Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope in previous Partner Showcases. But some key things to keep in mind:
  1. Those games were previously announced in other events (an Indie World for Cadence of Hyrule, Feb. 2022 Direct for Three Hopes and Ubisoft E3 2021 event for Sparks of Hope).
  2. Those games are published by a 3rd party publisher in at least one region (Cadence of Hyrule is published by Spike Chunsoft in Japan, Three Hopes is published by Koei Tecmo in Japan, and Sparks of Hope is published by Ubisoft in the US).
I wouldn't expect something like a mainline Fire Emblem or Kirby to be announced in a Partner Showcase, despite those technically being developed by companies that aren't owned by Nintendo. Intelligent Systems and HAL Labs have both worked with Nintendo on those franchises since the beginning and are co-owners of their respective franchises with Nintendo. So they aren't really seen as 3rd party collaborations like Fire Emblem Warriors or Mario + Rabbids, where it's a completely separate 3rd party mixing in one of their IPs with a Nintendo IP.

Something like Fire Emblem: Three Houses or The Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap is a bit of a grey area. Those are mainline games in their franchises, but they are mostly developed by outside 3rd parties (Koei Tecmo for 3H, and Capcom for Minish Cap). We've never seen these types of games announced in a Partner Showcase, so I'm inclined to believe they aren't eligible until proven otherwise.

It was also 2020 so their regular announcement cadence was disrupted.

Generally, i don't believe in patterns. Marketing may stick to something resembling a pattern out of convenience but i strongly feel Nintendo's PR needs and software lineups ultimately are more important than any patterns.

Nice to finally have an announcement, even for a Partner. I’m choosing to be optimistic! It’ll be fun even if it’s on the lower-key side.

3d platformer check, fun momentum system check. Penny should be fun.

Overall I don't expect much I'm personally interested in this partner direct. But I could be surprised.

Please keep any potential open Direct announcement spoilers from sources like Pyoro in the speculation thread. - xghost777, VolcanicDynamo
i love Pyoro's not too direct hints

June 2022 wording

Feb 2023 wording

Dev partners may include 2nd party Nintendo published software. Also note the emphasis on first half of 2024 and no reference to a timeframe in the 2022 direct.
That's "Bandai Namco-made Kid Icarus: Uprising HD" language

Back
Top Bottom