• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Nintendo Direct announced for September 14th

Same here - keeping it realistic

• Mega Man X9 with SNES Graphics developed by Inti Creates
  • Chrono Trigger 2 announcement
  • A new smaller scale 3D Zelda in the vein of OoT and MM
  • Gunstar Heroes 3
  • Rayman Legends 2
  • NSO Premium will get a release of the now-realized and completed third Oracle game for GBC
  • Sin and Punishment 3
  • New 2D Contra
  • God of War Collection
  • God Hand 2
  • Onimusha 5

If a single one of these is wrong, I'm throwing my Switch out the window
the fact that my joke post actually got something right is hilarious ("remake", but it might as well be a new one)

that kills the “GameCube shadowdrop” pattern.

What a weird direct, but honestly September directs are always kinda not great so I’m not surprised.

Paper Mario TTYD is a great get though, and continues the GameCube remaster trend, even if it’s not a shadowdrop. I fully expect Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, and the metroids in the first direct of next year.

I thought it wasn't too bad.

I mean, Metroid Prime 4 again absent, but there were a handful of titles I'm going to get.

Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door...what can I say? HYPED!

I would rate that Direct as "Pretty good". Not mindblowing but "Pretty good".

Princess Peach Showtime looked better than I expected.
Super Mario RPG CONTINUES to impress!
Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door is easily the best Paper Mario and though not QUITE as good as Mario RPG is still very good in its own right. Please play it!
HEY! We actually got Diddy, Pauline, AND Funky! All three of em! I was only expecting Diddy and Pauline, so it's a pleasant surprise. Oh, and Peachette too I guess.
Another Code Recollection, now THAT is cool, even if it was leaked. Definitely picking that up!

Aaaaaaaaand nothing Metroid or Smash Bros (beyond the Sora amiibo) was brought up. Whoever it was that thought the Noah and Mio amiibo would just kinda release on their own without any tie to anything else.... congratulations! You win the Burger King! I'll stuff an Original Chicken Sandwich right through this port on the computer, it'll ooze out of whatever device you're using on your side!

Paper Mario TTYD better be cross gen with some 4k upscaling because why the hell would you remake two Mario RPG games for the same system within six months of each other when the next gen is right around the corner.

Very meh, but I expected it. Wish we had seen the FE4 remake but I assume they are saving that for their February direct, will be interesting to see when they decide to release that game. The 2 announcements I liked were PMTYD remake and the new vanillaware game, otherwise the rest was meh/we mostly knew about.

I know I just lurk, but why did you have to do this? Now I have no escape from.... him.....

Hey, at least I didn't have to change mine!!!!

Although yeah, it's kind of scary that he's always out there....

Anyway, that Vanillaware RPG looked kind of cool.

Final Predictions:

Opener- Mega Man game from Capcom (March 2024)
Super Mario Bros Wonder trailer
Super Mario RPG trailer
Untitled Peach game trailer
Fire Emblem Echoes: Geneaology of the Holy Wars (Feb 9th, 2024)
F-Zero GX shadow drop/physical edition coming in October
Smash Bros GOTY edition with all DLC on one package
Sora amiibo
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Wave 6 tease, but not the whole lineup (November)
Dragon Quest 3 2D-HD (2024)
Dragon Quest 4-9 will get ported in 2024
Punch Out Wii port (Early 2024)
NSO announcement of N64 Rareware titles coming in 2024 (probably wishful thinking)
Metroid Prime 2 shadow drop/physical edition coming in October
Closer- Metroid Prime 4 (May 24, 2024)

Opener- Mega Man game from Capcom (March 2024)
Super Mario Bros Wonder trailer

Super Mario RPG trailer
Untitled Peach game trailer

Fire Emblem Echoes: Geneaology of the Holy Wars (Feb 9th, 2024)
F-Zero GX shadow drop/physical edition coming in October
Smash Bros GOTY edition with all DLC on one package

Sora amiibo
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Wave 6 tease, but not the whole lineup (November)

Dragon Quest 3 2D-HD (2024)
Dragon Quest 4-9 will get ported in 2024
Punch Out Wii port (Early 2024)
NSO announcement of N64 Rareware titles coming in 2024 (probably wishful thinking)
Metroid Prime 2 shadow drop/physical edition coming in October
Closer- Metroid Prime 4 (May 24, 2024)

Four. I literally got four things right.

I frankly went in with low expectations.

And I lowered them further when it opened to a DLC that want gonna release till spring of 2024 lol

Was okay, not great, but also not bad.

The fam will have fun with Sailor Peach, i will have fun with Unicorn Overlord.

that Peach game looks a lot of fun honeslty.

Hopes it ends up doing well.

That’ll mean you have

Mario
Luigi
Yoshi
Wario and
Peach

With their own series possibly.

COOKED
giphy.webp

F-Zero 99, what a mistake! It looks very bad ! They've just killed the licence. Mario vs Donkey Kong just doesn't feel right.

And a remake of Paper Mario as "one more thing" ? Really?

Really one of the worst Direct.

tbh I'm surprised at the tepid response to this direct.

F-Zero 99 is only going to help F-Zero GX become a thing eventually. A remake of the GBA Mario Vs Donkey Kong was IMO the best possible scenario from Pyoro's fakeout; that game is fantastic. Princess Peach Showtime looks so so so great, and feels like a game right out of the GameCube era. and TTYD is one of the best Mario games ever made and I know not all of you have played it so now is your chance to see the light.

Pretty clear that Metroid Prime 4 is being saved for Switch 2 as a cross-gen game at this point, which tbh, good. Let it shine as much as possible.

Last edited:
It was fine for what is obviously a direct during the time when the Switch is winding down, but not a lot of exciting stuff for people wanting new games or less Mario. There was a lot I was interested in, but thankfully for my backlog, most of it is stuff I'm fine missing out on (remakes) or just not playing at launch.

Repeating my post from the general thread that, if this were any other year except the year before a new console release, I think this would be one of those 'genuinely bad' Directs. As it is right now, I'd say it was decent.

Side order is just vampire squid survivors. And you know what, I'm hype for it.
F-Zero 99 looks pretty tight and they've nailed the SNES+ aesthetic.
Peach Game is looking amazing, way better than I expected it to be.
Funky Kong.
TTYD HD I wasn't expecting, but is a pretty welcome addition, honestly.

Decent direct. For the very obvious impending console death, this is way more loaded than I'd expect.

The process didn't trust us. :(

Looking forward to Princess Peach and Mario vs DK, and the Paper Mario TTYD remake looks great.

Still, in terms of new announcements, this was a very underwhelming Direct.

I'm a bit worried about Prime 4 tbh. I know it's the perfect game for making an spectacular graphical demo of the next gen console... but knowing that Nintendo doesn't care about those things, I don't know what to think anymore. It's supposed to be a Switch game, so what's happening?
Development hell? Cancelled? Is it in a limbo like the original Dread or Pikmin 4?

I think the Direct was very telling. They don't want to announce too much that's going to end up releasing on the next console as well, because they need to save stuff to release at launch, or at least the launch window, and maybe fill out the Switch 2 presentation with more first party titles than the original Switch presentation had in 2017.

I still came away from it being excited about the Peach game, and I've got a couple other games I'm interested in. If I'm being honest I already have a bunch of games to play anyway, and this just gets me very excited for what they do have for the next Switch. Because if we aren't seeing it and we know it exists, then it's most likely going to release on much better hardware, and look and run even better.

Also FOUR characters for the final wave? Talk about unexpected.

Repeating my post from the general thread that, if this were any other year except the year before a new console release, I think this would be one of those 'genuinely bad' Directs. As it is right now, I'd say it was decent.
Gotta be honest. Knowing Switch 2 is on the way and whatnot. I thought it was decent too. Lot of series we are waiting for, I think I would like to see them with switch 2 reveals and afterward. I’m kinda of ready for an upgrade switch lol.

Quick question: if I use my vouchers for a preorder, do they still show as vouchers I can use?

I have two vouchers more than I thought, but I know I’m using them for Mario wonder and RPG….so I thought they were for those but maybe I just bought two more than I recall?

ALSO PAPER MARIOOOO

I don't know what people were expecting.
It's clear THE game of the holidays is Mario Wonder, everything else is there to fill the gaps.

Back
Top Bottom